• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus tickets

katt

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to go in late Sept/early Oct
I plan to take the bus from The Parador in Santiago to Sarria Oct 7. Where is the closest stop to pick up the bus? So I need to purchase my ticket in advance to be assured of a seat?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Katt, if the bus you’re planning on taking is like those that I’ve taken to out of Santiago to numerous destinations, I believe you’ll need to go down to the bus station to catch it. The new station is right next to the train station. From where you’re staying, it’s a short 10-15 minute walk. Very easy to find. I recently took a bus to Muxía. For that particular trip, tickets were only sold at the station the day of the trip. It may be that an advanced ticket can be bought online. I’m sure someone here on this Forum would know if that is possible.

Thanks for the info. I think there is just 1 bus that leaves at 11:00 daily. And I don’t want to miss it!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Katt
It’s an easy slightly downhill walk to the station(s) area. After you cross the road to the station - just up the steps and over the train tracks down into the bus station area. You can arrive early if you’re afraid of missing it. Grab your ticket from the ticket window and if you’ve allowed time - there is a great cafe for a snack or café con leche or whatever you’d like.
Edit : @Grousedoctor
Yes., it was a bus to MĂşxia for me too late may this year.
There was a queue for the ticket then., so @katt it would be sensible to allow enough time in case of a ticket queue.

It was a little confusing (for me anyway ) getting to the right departure stand below. Just note the bus number marked on your ticket - your arriving bus will have that number. Together with a few other passengers (pilgrims); we climbed aboard the bus that arrived at the correct stand at the correct time. Driver set us straight. (We got off that one) - Just because it arrived at my ticketed time - didn’t mean it was my bus (we felt a bit stupid). The busses can be running behind.

Buen camino.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I think there is just 1 bus that leaves at 11:00 daily. And I don’t want to miss it!
You can purchase your tickets at the Monbus website. It has an English Language site. I checked it out and to find the route from Santiago to Sarria instead of searching on the homepage click on routes and ticket offices and search from there. Save the worry and hassle of buying a ticket at the station.

This is the link to the route and ticket office page:

Use Google to map your walking path from the Parador to the bus station. You can virtually walk the path via street views.

-Paul

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back