A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

bus to padron

john

Has anyone taken the bus to Padron from Santiago? How much is it return and what is the frequency - I think AlSA Pontevedra service is the one but it's itinerary does not show it stopping at Padron.

Thanks
John

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The CSJ guide says that it is an easy train ride to Padron from Santiago. You can also go by bus - for Vigo and Pontevedra which stop at Padron and leave the bus station at least once an hour. They don't mention a charge.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Sil is right, some trains (not all) to Vigo stop in Padron.

For bus schedules, have a look here:
http://www.castromil.com/horarios/origen.php

I looked up Santiago to Padron on a Sunday, and it seemed like they had about 8-10 departures. It did not show the price, but my guess would be 2-5 euros per person. I choose Sunday, since Padron on Sundays is worth a visit. It has a great big market, all stores are open and the place is "cooking"! :)

Enjoy!
Ivar

john

Thanks Sil, Ivar and Peter and thanks for the links. Will be going there Sat 17th Feb - can't go on Sunday, Ivar, as I'm heading home then. Next time!

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%