• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus/train from logrono to sarria

marie12

I'm planning on starting the camino in Roncesvelles and walking to Logrono. In Logrono I'd like to take a train or bus to Sarria (or a town just east of Sarria). I'm having trouble finding a train during the daytime or a bus between these two cities. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The reason your'e having a problem is because of the great distance between the two and because
Sarria isn't a big place and to reach it from most places you need to get to Lugo first and then travel to Sarria.

There is only one train a day from Logroño to Sarria - it leaves at 1:05 in the morning and arrives at 7:40am http://www.renfe.es

You can get an ALSA bus from Logroño to Lugo (there are only two a day) and then take another half hour bus to Sarria from there. http://www.alsa.es

Logroño to Lugo 2:15 10:00 7h 45min € 34.74
Logroño to Lugo 16:15 2:10 9h 55min € 34.74

If you have a day to spare, you could get a bus to Leon :
Logroño Leon 15:15 19:25 4h 10min € 20.67

And then get a morning bus to Lugo - there are buses almost every hour from 07h30

Leon Lugo 7:30 13:00 5h 30min 22.8 €
Leon Lugo 8:30 13:00 4h 30min 22.8 €
Leon Lugo 9:30 13:00 3h 30min 22.8 €
Leon Lugo 10:15 13:30 3h 15min € 16.08
Leon Lugo 10:30 15:50 5h 20min € 17.19 € 32.68

From Lugo you would take one of the frequent buses to Sarria on the Monbus http://www.monbus.es/
These buses all leave from the same bus station in Lugo so it isn't difficult to find the correct bus.

Lugo is a lovely little town with the best preserved Roman walls in Spain. It would be worth spending a little time in the old quarter (right next to the station) before moving on to Sarria.

Good luck!

Or also with ALSA from Logrono to SDC with transbordo at Oviedo...takes you there in twelve hours time.
Then the Monbus from SdC to Sarria in 2.30 min more or less.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is very helpful, thank you so much!

As I look at my schedule closer, it actually looks like if I took the bus to Sarria, even with taking the extra day to go through Lugo so I wouldn't have to travel at night, I would still have 2 extra days. Do you know if there are buses to any towns between Ponferrada and Sarria? If not, I think I'll look at taking a bus from Estella to Ponferrada so that I make the most of my time on the Camino. Of course, that first means I need to see if there's a bus station in Estella.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You will still have to get to a bigger bus terminus like Logroño.
The bus from there to Ponferrada is the same one that goes to Sarria.
Logroño Ponferrada 2:15 7:50 5h 35min € 27.68

Maybe you could spend your extra two days on the Finisterre route?
Get a bus from Santiago to Cee/Corcubion and walk the last 10km to Fistera. It is a beautiful walk and you could spend a night in Finstera and get the bus back the next day.

I am pretty sure there is a daily train that stops at Logroño and carries all the way through to Vigo, with a stop in Monforte de Lemos. From Monforte you can catch a bus or train to nearby Sarria... or just continue along the Camino Invierno the next morning, it passes right through Monforte.

Reb.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Reb, that is the one that starts in Barcelona and leaves Logroño at 1:05. It stops at Monforte at 8:07 and Sarria at 8:45

BARCELONA-SANTS 20.20
CAMP TARRAGONA 21.00 21.03
LLEIDA 21.39 21.42
ZARAGOZA-DELICIAS 22.38 22.50
TUDELA DE NAVARRA 23.57 23.59
CASTEJON DE EBRO 00.12 00.14
LOGRONO 01.02 01.05
BURGOS ROSA DE LIMA 02.46 02.49
PALENCIA 03.38 03.41
LEON 04.45 05.00
ASTORGA 05.32 05.34
PONFERRADA 06.34 06.36
O BARCO DE VALDEORRAS 07.10 07.12
A RUA-PETIN 07.21 07.23
SAN CLODIO-QUIROGA 07.42 07.44
MONFORTE DE LEMOS 08.07 08.20
SARRIA 08.45 08.46
LUGO 09.11 09.13
CURTIS 10.05 10.06
BETANZOS-INFESTA 10.29 10.30
A CORUÑA 10.54

For the train, at 01:05, do you have to purchase a ticket upfront? Are there usually seats? Do you pay on board, or is there a ticket office? I am traveling to Logroño today via taxi, courtesy if a friend, and with the lateness, having a little anxiety. Going to Santiago for a night and then staying a few more days on the coast. I am here, I might as well before heading back.

Thank you,
Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back