Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Cafe movil after Carrion de Los Condes open now?

Book your Bus ticket here

Past OR future Camino
2019, 2022 (Frances from Roncesvalles)
Does anyone walking now know whether this is operating at the moment? We hope to be doing this stretch on Tuesday 3rd May and it would be good to know.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

trecile

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
I'm not sure I know what you are talking about. Are you asking about some kind of food truck?

I've walked this stretch three times, and there has never been anything between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza.

Past OR future Camino
September (2013), June (2015), June (2018) July (2019)
I'm not sure I know what you are talking about. Are you asking about some kind of food truck?

I've walked this stretch three times, and there has never been anything between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza.
There was an outdoor “cafe” with barbecue in late August 2019. It broke up the 17 kms stretch along which I had prepared myself for “no pilgrim support.”
We are walking this summer, and I’m hoping the refreshment/food stop will be there.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Nick Barlow

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: April 2022
I did the section from Carrion on April 22nd and there was a van parked halfway that might have been a drink stop, but it was the day it just continually rained so no one was stopping there to find out if they were actually in business.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

Elsiecamino

Past OR future Camino
Plan to start 2/4/20
Does anyone walking now know whether this is operating at the moment? We hope to be doing this stretch on Tuesday 3rd May and it would be good to know.
I don’t if this is the one you meant but 8 km after Carrion there is a van selling coffee and food. I wasn’t walking that day but my husband says he enjoyed the stop there it broke up the walk nicely

Past OR future Camino
2019, 2022 (Frances from Roncesvalles)
It was indeed open and provides freshly squeezed orange juice too.
It is apparently a different outfit to the one that was here 3 years ago. If anyone wants to check, the phone number given on the van is 691119489.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads