• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Calling all experienced pilgrims!

AshaDasi

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 May-June
Hi folks, I walked the camino in 2013, May-June and it was one of the most life-changing experiences of my life. Since I’ve been back, I’ve channelled my yearning for more into a comprehensive website full of practical information that new walkers can use. I’ve linked as much as I can to this wonderful forum, and to many of your own informative websites. So many pilgrims have services and booklets up on offer, that I’ve found it useful to create a kind of ‘service community’.

However, I still feel that there are many camino services, books, DVD’s that I haven’t included. What I’m requesting here is that if you have a service that you’d like to promote, and provide links to, please feel free to send me your information. I love the idea of communal sharing in this regard.

My biggest and most heartfelt request though, is for your personal stories. I have a mystical heart and the camino had deep significance for me. I am still compiling those stories and adding them to my site. I have read so many wonderful anecdotes here. They inspired me before I left for my camino, they sustained me during it. And now, I read them in order to reminisce. I would love to post your more comprehensive stories. No matter who you are, spiritual, practical, ‘out there’, it would be a gift to receive them and compile them all in one place so that readers here can go there from here. Use my space and your stories to advertise and get attention to your services at no cost.

I’d also like to ‘interview’ some of the longest serving members here. I know some have concerns about pilgrim behaviour. Some have wonderful hospitalero experiences. Some have seen both the dark and light side of the camino. Let’s share these concerns, in the hope that we can contribute to later improvements. Or just share your great experiences.

I’d like to interview authors, and anyone with a story to tell. Your books, pamphlets etc are valuable and should be out there.

For those who wonder, I’m trying to do a little advertising in order to pay for the site itself. I’m keeping them out of your face, since I’m fortunate enough not to need to make my living from it. I prefer to do this than have to deal with handling donations.

So please, please, please connect with me and help create a website circle amongst us all. You can contact me here:

For submissions: http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/submissions.html

For more questions, I’m at livingadvaita@gmail.com

To check out my site http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/

Thank you for reading! Yaz Rooney (aka Cheynee)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello, Cheynee, I checked out your site and have bookmarked it so that I can read it later at leisure. To be honest, when I first looked at the image on the first page, I started to cry, but I know that's a natural reaction when such a beautiful view brings back so many happy memories. I rode the Road to Santiago with my husband in July last year. It was one of the most, if not the most, amazing things we have ever done. First and foremost, I am a cyclist but now I want to walk the route - that's what your web page did to me! The call of the Camino is still strong in me. It's just that I need to work on my husband who most probably would want to ride again as he has knee problems, which walking tends to aggravate. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I have also written a blog which you can find at www.jackiejohn.co.uk.

Hello, Cheynee, I checked out your site and have bookmarked it so that I can read it later at leisure. To be honest, when I first looked at the image on the first page, I started to cry, but I know that's a natural reaction when such a beautiful view brings back so many happy memories. I rode the Road to Santiago with my husband in July last year. It was one of the most, if not the most, amazing things we have ever done. First and foremost, I am a cyclist but now I want to walk the route - that's what your web page did to me! The call of the Camino is still strong in me. It's just that I need to work on my husband who most probably would want to ride again as he has knee problems, which walking tends to aggravate. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I have also written a blog which you can find at www.jackiejohn.co.uk.

Thank you for your kind comments, Freeflyer! I'll definitely check out your site and link it to mine. I'm sure others will like to read about your experiences too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Yaz. Just checked out your site and clicked on the Portuguese albergues link, to find that it is actually a list of albergues on the VdlP route.
You may be interested in a link to my blog. It is just a record of my camino from SJPP to Muxia and Finisterre, but I have received many lovely comments from future pilgrims who have found it helpful and even inspiring.

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

Hi Yaz. Just checked out your site and clicked on the Portuguese albergues link, to find that it is actually a list of albergues on the VdlP route.
You may be interested in a link to my blog. It is just a record of my camino from SJPP to Muxia and Finisterre, but I have received many lovely comments from future pilgrims who have found it helpful and even inspiring.

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

Thank you for that Magwood, I'll go and make the amendments. I'll have a look at your site, and add a link from mine. The more stories we have the better. It inspires so many.

Great idea, Cheynee. I too ache to return (no pun intended for my memories of my aching feet) and love reading books, blogs, and articles about other people's experiences on the Camino. It keeps my dream of returning alive. Here's a link to my website--tamarackjourneyproductions.com--which will link immediately with an article I wrote about our 72 days hiking from Le Puy to Santiago and beyond to Finesterre in 2011. My husband and I also returned and walked the two week Rocamadour deviation from Figeac in 2012, which was very beautiful and a shorter trip that I would recommend to everyone. Cheers. Joyce

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just a website design tip, Yaz: When you link to other resources (outside your own website), let them open in a new window. Otherwise, focus is taken away ffrom your own site. Just a hint.

Alex
Engineering degree in Computer Science/web designer (retired and ready to go again ;) )

Great idea, Cheynee. I too ache to return (no pun intended for my memories of my aching feet) and love reading books, blogs, and articles about other people's experiences on the Camino. It keeps my dream of returning alive. Here's a link to my website--tamarackjourneyproductions.com--which will link immediately with an article I wrote about our 72 days hiking from Le Puy to Santiago and beyond to Finesterre in 2011. My husband and I also returned and walked the two week Rocamadour deviation from Figeac in 2012, which was very beautiful and a shorter trip that I would recommend to everyone. Cheers. Joyce

Thanks very much for your submissions Joyce. I'll get back to you shortly. I'm so looking forward to sharing all of our experiences!

Just a website design tip, Yaz: When you link to other resources (outside your own website), let them open in a new window. Otherwise, focus is taken away ffrom your own site. Just a hint.

Alex
Engineering degree in Computer Science/web designer (retired and ready to go again ;) )

Thanks for the tip, Alex! I'm going to look at that first thing in the morning.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Cheynee,

One more tip: Make sure that your sub.menus are not overly long, I can't see on my wide screen all the items under the 'more' tab!
Also, if you want to have a free review copy of my book just pm me the desired format and where to send it to and I get it to you asap.
I also started a new website http://praguesantiago.eu/ for my 2014 pilgrimage - walking from Prague (Czech Republic) to SDC, not much to see there yet, I only started it yesterday.

All the best, SY

Hi Cheynee,

One more tip: Make sure that your sub.menus are not overly long, I can't see on my wide screen all the items under the 'more' tab!
Also, if you want to have a free review copy of my book just pm me the desired format and where to send it to and I get it to you asap.
I also started a new website http://praguesantiago.eu/ for my 2014 pilgrimage - walking from Prague (Czech Republic) to SDC, not much to see there yet, I only started it yesterday.

All the best, SY

Thanks for your tips SY. I can't seem to change the sub-menu; which is why I did a separate contents guide. It's a weebly site, so if you have any idea..... Yes, I'd love to read your book excerpt. Please send it to livingadvaita@gmail.com in PDF format if you can. And good luck with your website. When you've completed it, you can put links on mine. Thanks for your comments.

You can break up the sub-menu by simply putting less items on each menu ;-) I don't have much experience with Weebly, I prefer Wordpress. Book is on the way. BTW anybody that wants to review my book - I am happy to send you a free copy. SY

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You can break up the sub-menu by simply putting less items on each menu ;-) I don't have much experience with Weebly, I prefer Wordpress. Book is on the way. BTW anybody that wants to review my book - I am happy to send you a free copy. SY
Hello Sy....yes, I would like to review your book please...could you send it via a pdf? my email is susanawee@gmail.com....thanks in advance.

Most read last week in this forum

caminka submitted a new resource: via gebennensis - gebenennsis, geneva, le puy Read more about this resource...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back