Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Arles

isnardj

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Here everyone
Newbie to the Camino community 🙏🏼

Where can I get hold of an English edition guide for the Camino Arles ?? Any assistance is totally appreciated.

Cheers

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
isnardji,

Welcome to the forum!
While you search for an English guidebook you might enjoy reading this this earlier thread by a fellow forum member re walking the Arles camino.

This comprehensive CSJ web should also be most helpful.

Happy reading and planning.

Last edited:

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
For the Arles route we had to resort to a bicycle guide for distances and accommodation. But that was in 2011!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Francés : Sarria-Santiago (2013)
Via Podiensis : (2014-17)
Via Tolosana : Arles-Toulouse-(2018-19)

Howie Peterson

Norte, Primitivo, Portuges, LePuy, Arles, Aragones
Here everyone
Newbie to the Camino community 🙏🏼

Where can I get hold of an English edition guide for the Camino Arles ?? Any assistance is totally appreciated.

Cheers
I just finished the Arles away a few weeks ago. I relied on the Gronze website (which, as others have said, Chrome will translate for you) and Miam Miam Dodo, which is pretty easy to follow even if you don't speak French. Gronze is great for letting you quickly see the distances between places and what lodging there is - including some which aren't listed in Miam. Miam gives you lots of info about lodging as well as things like grocery stores, restaurants, bakeries, water fountains, etc. It also gives you profiles of trail elevations with better indications of difficulty than Gronze. You can get it as a hard copy or download it to your phone.

Sixwheeler

The CSJ guide is goodbut you will also need the Miam-Miam-Dodo Guide. This is in French but is very simple and mostly icon driven so I defy anyone tobe incapable of understanding it; it has information for each village and town covering accommodation/cafés/restaurants/shops & supermarkets/buses/trains/potable water........you get the idea and it also has basic maps. I met a guy who was walking the Arles and it was his only guide book.
Ultreïa!

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon