A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Camino DVD's. Any good?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Someone (yes, one of our members) sent me a DVD slideshow of pictures from his camino recently. It was a great, especially for someone that has not done the pilgrimage and wanted to get a feel for the experience. It was "music and picture-slideshow" on a DVD.

I have seen ads for other Camino DVD's online. Do any of you know if these are any good? Are they professional looking, or it is more "home-made"? If you wanted to learn about the Camino, would a "Camino DVD" be helpful?

Just wondering for those that are planning to walk, and want to prepare not only with guidebooks.

Anyone bought one?

Camino DVD

This was the subject of a Santigobis thread not too long ago.

I recently bought Ray's video from http://www.caminovideo.com and liked it. It was good for giving a sense of the road. I wouldn't say it was great for preparing for a camino, that is, what's best to bring, how to deal with physical ailments, what to expect in the refugios. It's moe of a travelogue. But it is nicely done for an amateur production.

Grant

Within the Way Without by Larry Boulting is a very good DVD. It is available from the CSJ bookshop. I saw him speak the other day and was surprised to find out that it was a scripted film rather than a documentary of three peoples' camino.

William

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%