A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Frances App

Advertisment

MikeJS

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2011), Norte (2012), VdlP (Apr 2016). Sureste/Invierno (Apr/May 2017).
I have not used it on the Frances but have used them on 4 other caminos. I never use a guide book and find these apps an excellent replacement - full of good info, inc the ability to get/give live updates on accommodation! If I did the Frances again I would definitely use the WP app.

Camino(s) past & future
2013-Frances SJP-Finisterre, 2015 Camino Le Puy-Santiago, 2017 Portugues Lisbon-Santiago 2018 Norte
I used it on the
Portugues and it helped with some tricky spots for directions and used it every day for Albergues. I will use it again for the Norte. If you plan on walking 3 or 4 different caminos its worth getting the package
That downloads all their apps. Cheaper than individual apps for multiple Caminos.

Buz Radican

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May / Jun 2015
Camino Frances 2016 Oct / Nov 2016
Camino Frances May June 2018
Yes, two times. Love it. Using it to help plan CF #3.

Mark Barnes

Old Engineer
Camino(s) past & future
Frances - September - November (2017)
I used wise pilgrim on my Frances Camino in 2017 and it was of great use. I loved the elevation profile map, link to booking.com, and information on distance and history. I will definitely use it in my next one. I think it was around $5.00 .

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances from SJPP on 2015, 2016, 2018
Way of St. Francis, Italy April 2017
Portuguese (2018)
I used the Wise Pilgrim along with the Brierley maps only book downloaded into the kindle app. on two Camino Frances and will take the same when I leave in April for number 3. This was all I needed. No book, just phone.

martin1ws

Camino(s) past & future
From Somport Jul-Sep 2018
There is a Wise Pilgrim - ebook (Kindle) and an Wise pilgrim app.
What do you prefer? Why?

Is the ebook better for planing on the desktop-computer and the app better for the smartphone?

Camino(s) past & future
Norte (2015), Frances (2016)
I used the app. and found it excellent for planning the next day because it gives elevation, distance and places to sleep on one graphic. There were enough way markers on the path to keep me on the straight and narrow so a detailed map was not needed.

Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria (2015) SJPdP (2016) Burgos (2017) SJPdP (2018)
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Primitivo
For those of you who've used an app on the Camino, would you mind helping me out by doing a survey about your app experience and what else you'd like to see in it! Survey here.

I'm doing research to see if I can develop a better mobile app (after having used most of them), and can really use your help! Read more about it here.

I've started some mockups and prototypes and if you'd like to participate in the process please leave your contact in the survey!

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 163 25.5%