Search 62305 Camino Questions

Advertisement

Camino Frances in December

psheehan

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, CPo, CdN, CPr, F, CS, CV, CI, VdlP, CS, CA
I've walked the Camino Frances in May and September, this year I'm thinking of walking the Sarria to Santiago section in December. What is the weather like in December, are there sufficient albergues open? If I decide to walk over Christmas/new year, are albergues and bars open during the Christmas/new year season?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Paul - in this last section there should be sufficient accommodation over this period. Who knows how the weather will be - I'd plan for rain and cold! But a quieter and lovely time to walk. I'm told Midnight Mass in the Cathedral is very special - the people of Santiago go with few pilgrims in attendance because of the time of year.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am going to walk camino from Roncevalles to Navarette . Can't do the whole thing and this is my 1st time. I have months to prep still and I am 61 in reasonably good shape . I am...
My partner and I will be walking the Camino Frances in 2023, starting June 3rd. As we don't want to rush, I will book accommodation for the first few days in advance as I believe we may have...
I am planning to walk from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Leon starting early March. (It's the only section of the CF I have not walked.) I have two questions I'm hoping for input on. First, will...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides