• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances in November - blogs?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Have a look at sillydolls website 'Winter Pilgrims'. There is a link on it to mspath- forum member- who walks the Frances in winter, she walked it last year in October and November and give a very good blog about it. She is walking again this year, I checked it a few days ago and she was at Eunate.

Once you've read the blogs do come back with specific quesions.

I've walked both in October and December and got on fine.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks. I've looked at M's Camino and there looks to be plenty of information. My main concern is which alburgues are likely to be open as many of them appear to close in October. But having read a few winter Camino blogs no one seems to struggle much with finding accommodation. I guess I'll go with the flow...

I'll put a few entries on my blog before I go and keep it updated as I go.

Andrew.

I set off from SJPDP on the 27 October last year. There will be ones shut and you are never quite sure which ones they will be, but I never really thought about it and only came unstuck once, and as a result ended up getting into Nejara at about 7.30pm. You will likely to be walking in December thats when it might need careful day to day checking of whats open ahead of you.

My understanding is that the municipal albergues are not allowed to close at all; not even on Christmas Day. Maybe somebody could confirm.

However, I was disappointed to see the main albergue in SdC, the Seminor Minor was shut in December 2010. The good news is the toursit office in Rua de Vilar had a list of those open.

While many of the private ones are shut the advantage of going in November is that numbers are well down so there should not be a problem in finding a bed in the ones that are open.

Do remember that on the meseta Rebekah Scot welcomes pilgrims to her home. She can be PM'd for availability.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back