• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in March??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi and welcome to the forum Alberta,

You can get some general ideas on the weather condition by starting here:
viewtopic.php?t=515

I also did a search for "weather march" in the search box on this forum and found some interesting links. Have a look here.

Note that the higher elevations (around O Cebreiro for example) might have lower temperatures than reported in the "average" numbers you will see in these statistics.

I hope this helps.

Un saludo,
Ivar

Alberta,

I started on the 6 March in Pamplona, as I was told that the Pyrenees might be to risky to cross because of the snow.
Throughout the whole of March I had perfect walking conditions with only 2 or 3 days of rain. Most of the time I walked in t-shirts, but of course you will need a jacket and a fleeze for the mornings. Also the big advantage is that it's not so crowded, I never had any problems to get a bed in the albergues. I had a light-weight sleeping bag (750gr) with me, for the really cold nights you always can ask the hospitalero for a blanket.
When I crossed the Cebreiro it was sunny and warm, though 3 days later I saw on the Spanish TV that it was snowing again and Pilgrims walking through the snow, so you never really know and you will need to be prepared.

After all, I still believe that March is the best month for the Camino, not so crowded and not too hot, and the best of all - you walk into the spring!

Rolf

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wheather seems no problem in Portuguese Camino

Hi ! I'm portuguese and will do the portuguese camino im March it will most probably b a rainy camino but temperature shound be a problem.
If want more info you can contact me at aluso75@gmail.com

good luck!

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.