• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Began Camino Portuguese in Lisbon March 23,2022

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello,
My husband and I begin our first Camino tomorrow and will stay our first night at Alpriate. We will begin in Lisbon with a stop in Fatima, rejoin the Central then out to the Coast then back to the Central to Santiago.
Buen Camino! We'll start from Lisbon on April 8. We look forward to reading your trip notes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,
My husband and I begin our first Camino tomorrow and will stay our first night at Alpriate. We will begin in Lisbon with a stop in Fatima, rejoin the Central then out to the Coast then back to the Central to Santiago.
Great, I will go to Fatima end of August and then to Tomar to rejoin de Camino. Tomar is reallly nice and you will like Coimbra. Buen Camino!!

I am hopeful for the exact same route for October - November - Lisbon, Fatima, Central, Espiritual, Santiago and the coast. BOM Camino!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I`m starting from Porto April 8.

My husband and I begin our first Camino tomorrow and will stay our first night at Alpriate.

Bom caminho, @lvf !!!

I’ve added a “live from the camino” prefix to this thread, with the hope that maybe you will be inclined to post in live reports as you walk!

I would love to hear about your experience in the albergue in Alpriate and whether the little bar nearby continues to serve pilgrims good home cooked meals!

My husband and I stayed at the Albergue in Alpriate last night and it was wonderful! The people at the front desk were so helpful and welcoming, and we met other Peregrinos from around the world who were staying here as well. We were very soggy as it had been raining on us for most of the day but very happy! The cafe down the street served us very tasty food! We had hot Portuguese soup and our main courses which were an omelette and chicken. The Camino also provided with a bread truck that had various delicious breads and cheeses! How could I have thought that we would only be eating the carrot and spinach and nuts that I had brought in my pack! Call or email ahead for the Albergue in Alpriate. It only has 10 beds and it fills up fast! Also, the woman at the front desk said that donations from the American Pilgrims on the Camino helped with the new roof they put on last spring. We had such a wonderful first day on our first Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Bom caminho. Enjoy the caminho Português
don’t forget to stay at Casa da Fernanda, the best albergue on the entire caminho Português . 18 kms after Barcelos and 14 kms before Ponte de Lima, situated at the waymarked path.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back