• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • Please see this announcement regarding the Corona virus and the Camino (posted March 13t). Please also check with your government for any travel restrictions. We have also opened a thread with "Special Announcements and Advisories".
  • We have a new section of the forum that is for anouncing upcoming Forum Zoom Chats. Check it for times and dates and join us if you are interested and can make it. Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay safe! Ivar
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Ingles next!

2020 Camino Guides

Coffee Bean

Camino(s) past & future
Will be traveling El Camino with friend the first week of June. We are very exited.
Hola peregrinos y peregrinas,
I just came back from Santiago, started in Sarria and ended in Santiago six days later, a humbling experience, loved every bit of it even the bad weather! I’m planing to go back end of May or 1st wk of June 2020 to travel El Camino Ingles with my cousin. Please share with me any experiences good or bad, is there any small hotels along the way? Like El Camino Frances? We have about 6 days some blogs mention that is very difficult. Muchas Gracia!! Buen Camino!

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
I just came back from Santiago, started in Sarria and ended in Santiago six days later, a humbling experience, loved every bit of it even the bad weather! I’m planing to go back end of May or 1st wk of June 2020 to travel El Camino Ingles with my cousin. Please share with me any experiences good or bad, is there any small hotels along the way? Like El Camino Frances? We have about 6 days some blogs mention that is very difficult. Muchas Gracia!! Buen Camino!
I am at the airport now and waiting to board the plane for a flight across the pond. I will start walking on Sunday. I, too, must be able to sleep and have booked all of my beds using booking.com.

Coffee Bean

Camino(s) past & future
Will be traveling El Camino with friend the first week of June. We are very exited.
Buen camino!!’

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Navarra!
It's an enjoyable but much quieter Camino than the CF. Very well signposted but very few cafes/bars between principal stops.
Physically the only section I struggled with was the walk (climb) out of Pontedeume but there is a bar at the top!
One thing to watch out for: last year the powers that be re-routed the section just before Sigüeiro to run for about 5kms alongside a noisy autoroute but there's nothing to stop you walking the old route which runs parallel to the present route but is much quieter. Oh, and there is an open air swimming pool as you enter Sigüeiro!
If you like (Spanish) tortilla then Betanzos is reputed to be the tortilla capital of Spain.
Enjoy!

Coffee Bean

Camino(s) past & future
Jeff, thank you for info! I’m getting exited all ready.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
You can also visit my website for both routes from A Corona and Ferrol. Tons of info and photos.Click here: The English Way.
Hi Elle, I just took a look and a skim of your account of the English Way. It is so detailed, as your others have been. You go above and beyond in sharing your experience by adding in the maps, elevations, etc. Very thorough! I hadn't really considered walking this route before, but your enthusiasm is contagious and has me reconsidering!

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
It's an enjoyable but much quieter Camino than the CF. Very well signposted but very few cafes/bars between principal stops.
Physically the only section I struggled with was the walk (climb) out of Pontedeume but there is a bar at the top!
One thing to watch out for: last year the powers that be re-routed the section just before Sigüeiro to run for about 5kms alongside a noisy autoroute but there's nothing to stop you walking the old route which runs parallel to the present route but is much quieter. Oh, and there is an open air swimming pool as you enter Sigüeiro!
If you like (Spanish) tortilla then Betanzos is reputed to be the tortilla capital of Spain.
Enjoy!
That climb out of Pontedeume is quite something indeed!

Still my favourite " short but complete " Camino.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Navarra!
You can also visit my website for both routes from A Corona and Ferrol. Tons of info and photos.Click here: The English Way.
I can heartily recommend Elle's blog - so much work has been put into it.

I overlaid her routes on top of my recorded tracks and in some places I might have been treading in her footprints (almost literally - I was a couple of weeks behind her last year). In other places they diverge so much I was wondering whether we were on the same Camino and then I remembered those double "Complementario" mojones . . . . so that's where they took you!

A reason for me to get fit and try the "other" Camino Ingles!

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
A total of eight in the past 6 years!
Thank you @Jeff Crawley and @Camino Chrissy! Yes, a lot of hard work indeed! Chris you really should do it! Maybe a walk on the English, followed by a walk to Finisterre, followed by a walk on Dos Faros north on the coast, almost to A Coruna? Hmm, that could be an interesting Camino!

Yctoo

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Camino ingles (2018)
Camino Ingles was my first Camino(71 year old Canadian woman) and it was magical. The hills out of Pontedeume and out of Betanzos were the most challenging bits but were early in the morning and forgotten by my first tortilla and coffee. Stayed in xunta albergues and the people, scenery and good will were all wonderful and full of wonder Hoping for the Camino Portugese next April

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock