• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino-inspired clothing

EviAnd

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Hey everyone - I wasn't sure the etiquette of posting about a crowdfunding project on the forum, but I'm ever so excited about this project and really wanted to let people know about it!

My partner and I actually met and fell in love walking the Camino in June of 2012 - it took us a while to figure out what was going to happen next, but a year later and lots of traveling since, we're happily living together in Austria and are about to launch on our first business project together. :D

It's called 'Camino Wear' - clothing and accessories that celebrate, and are inspired by Walking, Travel and Adventure! Our first line is heavily inspired by the Camino, because, well, that's where we got the idea!

We've just launched a campaign on Indiegogo to help get the whole thing going, and it would mean the world to me if fellow pilgrims from this community could check it out!
http://igg.me/at/CaminoWear/x/2675673

I also posted about it on the Introductions page (deleted), but that will be it! No desire to spam this fabulous forum! :)

This post will not be deleted unless Ivar or another moderator decides otherwise - see below. William

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: Camino-inspired clothing on Indiegogo!

Hey folks,

Just realized that I have committed a faux pas after all...I'm really new to the world of forums (on any topic), but...

I neglected to read the Forum rules, particularly 6 & 7, and should have spent more time reading/writing and contributing to this amazing community before posting about my project.

I'm really sorry that I went about things backwards, but I really do love this forum and don't plan on just disappearing now that I've posted about my project.

Thanks for understanding.

Re: Camino-inspired clothing on Indiegogo!

I am inclined to leave this thread alive but Rule 7 is there so that member's of the forum who have contributed time and energy to helping others or just being participating members can place a single promoting thread. If you are true to your word I would prefer not to take this down but it is a decision that Ivar and other moderators may disagree with. I will delete the commercial part on the intro forum

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks William,
I appreciate you leaving the thread up, and hope that the others agree. And thank you for editing my introduction post.
I'm glad that rule 7 exists as it makes all the sense in the world. I only wish I had read it first!

I think the thread should be left up if she agrees to send all the moderators a set of the undies.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
newfydog said:
I think the thread should be left up if she agrees to send all the moderators a set of the undies.

I literally just laughed out loud. Best. Response. Ever.

I'm really happy you like them (they're my favourite pieces too!)

But, I do think agreeing to give out freebies is a little premature for me, and entirely dependent on whether we surpass our goal or not! ;)

Take a look at some of the features of the Railriders Versatac shirts. They are micro fiber with large zip pockets on the chest that can hold a national passport and a camino pasport and some normal size pockets for a camera etc. Now add some Crosses of St James, Camino shells, etc designs, and you might have a winner.

PHJohnson said:
Take a look at some of the features of the Railriders Versatac shirts.

Wow, those are some pretty fancy lookin' shirts! I wish we were in a position to consider something that hi-tech. Alas, we're a little start-up and although we're going for the highest quality we can, we've got to start small with the t's and undies.

But - food for future thought, for sure! Thank you for the suggestion!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
EviAnd said:
PHJohnson said:
Take a look at some of the features of the Railriders Versatac shirts.

Wow, those are some pretty fancy lookin' shirts! I wish we were in a position to consider something that hi-tech. Alas, we're a little start-up and although we're going for the highest quality we can, we've got to start small with the t's and undies.

But - food for future thought, for sure! Thank you for the suggestion!

But perhaps you can use them as a goal as I never expected you to try to match them, I pointed them out to you only so you could get some ideas. But a nice simple wicking T-shirt with a St James Cross and a pocket large enough for a passport would be nice.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.