• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2022 Frances September 2023 Portuguese
Hello, my daughter is visiting for a bit in the Cordoba area and would like to do a few days on a Camino, the closest one I can find is the Camino Mozerabe. Has anyone done a few of these stages and could recommend a few not too hard days. Maybe 4 days? I don't know much about this area. I would like her to experience meeting pilgrims and I'm not sure that this is the right route as it might be too remote. May have to train up to the Frances but would rather not go that far. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What time of year are you talking about? Spring would be a better time if she wants to meet people on the Mozarabe. Even then, there are not many pilgrims. I think that the Camino Frances or Portugues are the best routes for getting a "taste" of the Camino for a few days.

if you start at Almeria with the help of Nely, you will be at the beginning and the party atmosphere.
Yes, the Almeria amigos are wonderful, and might create a party atmosphere to send people off on their walk. However, there will probably not be many guests at the party once the walking starts!

Hello, my daughter is visiting for a bit in the Cordoba area and would like to do a few days on a Camino, the closest one I can find is the Camino Mozerabe. Has anyone done a few of these stages and could recommend a few not too hard days. Maybe 4 days? I don't know much about this area. I would like her to experience meeting pilgrims and I'm not sure that this is the right route as it might be too remote. May have to train up to the Frances but would rather not go that far. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
I would not start in Almeria: I did, and the first days were walking in stony, dry riberbeds, and then some climbing. Also not many people to meet: Mostly walking alone. I would rather start in Cordoba, walking in the direction of Merida, for as many days as she has (not enough, apparently). Just MHO and 0.02 Euros.

I would not start in Almeria: I did, and the first days were walking in stony, dry riberbeds, and then some climbing.
Yes, I agree. Starting in Almeria and walking for 3-4 days on the dry riverbed would turn anyone off the Camino and distance walking!

I would happily do it again (well, maybe not so happily every minute), but I would not recommend this as a plan to meet the intentions of the OP

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would also start in Cordoba, especially since she has only 4 days to walk. I found the last days to Merida quite boring.
As for meeting pilgrims, we met one at one albergue and he did not do the same stages as we did.

I enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería to Granada in March but only saw 11 other pilgrims in two weeks. I agree that if she wants a Camino experience she should take the train to, say Pamplona and walk from there. Buen Camino

I enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería to Granada in March but only saw 11 other pilgrims in two weeks. I agree that if she wants a Camino experience she should take the train to, say Pamplona and walk from there. Buen Camino
Probably a better idea. I agree. The Mozarabe is a lonely walk, most likely without the socializing possibilities of the Frances..

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.