• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2022 Frances September 2023 Portuguese
Hello, my daughter is visiting for a bit in the Cordoba area and would like to do a few days on a Camino, the closest one I can find is the Camino Mozerabe. Has anyone done a few of these stages and could recommend a few not too hard days. Maybe 4 days? I don't know much about this area. I would like her to experience meeting pilgrims and I'm not sure that this is the right route as it might be too remote. May have to train up to the Frances but would rather not go that far. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What time of year are you talking about? Spring would be a better time if she wants to meet people on the Mozarabe. Even then, there are not many pilgrims. I think that the Camino Frances or Portugues are the best routes for getting a "taste" of the Camino for a few days.

if you start at Almeria with the help of Nely, you will be at the beginning and the party atmosphere.
Yes, the Almeria amigos are wonderful, and might create a party atmosphere to send people off on their walk. However, there will probably not be many guests at the party once the walking starts!

Hello, my daughter is visiting for a bit in the Cordoba area and would like to do a few days on a Camino, the closest one I can find is the Camino Mozerabe. Has anyone done a few of these stages and could recommend a few not too hard days. Maybe 4 days? I don't know much about this area. I would like her to experience meeting pilgrims and I'm not sure that this is the right route as it might be too remote. May have to train up to the Frances but would rather not go that far. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
I would not start in Almeria: I did, and the first days were walking in stony, dry riberbeds, and then some climbing. Also not many people to meet: Mostly walking alone. I would rather start in Cordoba, walking in the direction of Merida, for as many days as she has (not enough, apparently). Just MHO and 0.02 Euros.

I would not start in Almeria: I did, and the first days were walking in stony, dry riberbeds, and then some climbing.
Yes, I agree. Starting in Almeria and walking for 3-4 days on the dry riverbed would turn anyone off the Camino and distance walking!

I would happily do it again (well, maybe not so happily every minute), but I would not recommend this as a plan to meet the intentions of the OP

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would also start in Cordoba, especially since she has only 4 days to walk. I found the last days to Merida quite boring.
As for meeting pilgrims, we met one at one albergue and he did not do the same stages as we did.

I enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería to Granada in March but only saw 11 other pilgrims in two weeks. I agree that if she wants a Camino experience she should take the train to, say Pamplona and walk from there. Buen Camino

I enjoyed the Mozárabe from Almería to Granada in March but only saw 11 other pilgrims in two weeks. I agree that if she wants a Camino experience she should take the train to, say Pamplona and walk from there. Buen Camino
Probably a better idea. I agree. The Mozarabe is a lonely walk, most likely without the socializing possibilities of the Frances..

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.