Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Camping/outdoor stores in SJPDP

Gumba

Year of past OR future Camino
Does anyone know which of the camping stores might be open in December? I have googled and it seems some close Dec/Jan only to reopen in February..

Thanks

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Does anyone know which of the camping stores might be open in December? I have googled and it seems some close Dec/Jan only to reopen in February..

Thanks

Check out this shop
MAYA SPORT
18 Avenue du Jai Alai, 64220 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
05 59 37 15 98

t2andreo

Veteran Member
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Maya Sport is a diversified sporting goods store. It carries name branded products across many sports. You can find good quality hiking gear here.

The store is located about 10-minute walk from the old town. It is on the flatter area in the same shopping plaza as the Carrefour supermarket. As you are looking at the Carrefour, Maya Sports is in a separate building off to the side, right side IIRC.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Gumba

Thanks mspath and t2. t2 - appreciate the direction - I know exactly where you mean - I thought it was a bit further, so your description has really helped.

I was thinking of getting some good quality merino buffs for our December camino - hoping for a camino type design, but it sounds like it would be more a name brand/plain design. No biggie in the scheme of things!

thanks for answering

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads