• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camping vs. Staying at Hostels

clashed137

Hey all!

I am planning my first camino but as a college student I am more than a little tight on cash. My fiance and I are planning to walk the camino del norte as our honeymoon in the summer months (we would start sometime between may and late june), and we have been talking about the idea of packing a tent so we could camp some of the time to save money and the worry of trying to find an open place to sleep for the night.

My question is, for those of you that have walked the camino before, and preferably for those of you who know the camino del norte, is this an advisable idea to bring a tent? If it is, what kind of tent is the best for the route?

Thanks so much for your help!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I'm asking because I CAN live without these. I'll keep it short; should I bring...? Sleeping liner - (don't albergues have at least one sheet? for me that will be enough) Kindle + Kindle...
What is the best all in one detergent that washes body, hair and clothes?
Hi everyone, I'm deciding last minute whether I should bring my bikini or not to Camino Frances, in SJPP (shipping some of my stuff to Santiago). Did my research but couldn't find too much for...
Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
I have two chargers with a Spanish plug, both have USB connections. I only need one, and for fun I weighed them. The Apple charger weighs 26 g. The Qualcomm Quick Charger 3.0 weighs 56 g and is...
First Camino and walking with my wife. Decision time. Fleece and Puffer. I think one only but weather looks changeable at the moment. Trying to keep under 7kgs! Looking forward to a experience of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.