• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can a normal hotelstamp be usted as camino stamp in my camino credencial?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It will. I’ve got signatures, doodles and the label from a tin of anchovies (La Pez de Lorenzo in Burgos) on mine. All passed muster in Santiago.

You’ll find that just about any business of any description in Spain has a stamp that they use for invoices and receipts; whilst many on the Camino route (especially the Frances) will have something more decorative.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have stamps from campsites, self-drawn pictures when there was no stamp available, pictures drawn by hosts and things written by private hosts that took me in.

A hotel stamp will be fine

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yep. But albergues stamp automatically. With hotels - you often have to ask. But I haven’t been to a hotel along the Camino that didn’t have one.

Bars, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, town halls etc etc all stamp credenciales. The important thing is to prove that you were in a particular place at a particular time so make sure they date it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have even obtained a sello / stamp from gas stations, winery shops, and once a police station. In Spain, business operators you must issue a receipt even if the computer is down. The manual backup is typically a manual receipt of some sort, with the rubber stamp of the business.

If the business is legally operating, it will have a rubber stamp. I have never been refused.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Like t2andreo states in the post above asking at the local police station can be most helpful.

December 2011 when I arrived at
Caldas de Reis much was closed for siesta; I was pooped and could neither find the tourist office nor an open albergue.

When I entered to ask for help at the local police station they formally stamped my Credential and kindly directed me to a nearby open bar.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have stamps from the Garda Civil and Catalan Mossos as well as (over the years) dozens of hotels and casas rurales. I also have one from the French railway workers' union holiday resort outside Bayonne, but nothing ever beats Rebekah Scott's sello from the rabbit abbatoir.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My weirdest one is a stamp from a Escape Room business in Pontevedra... They said it was the first time a pilgrim walked in (and escaped out, yay ), and were really, really happy to be part of someone's journey.

But no, it doesn´t beat the rabbit abbatoir.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum