• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I use the same pilgrim passport?

Fiona30

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 22
Portugese 23
Ingles 24
Primitivo 24
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James' Way - so continuing English Camino to Camino Ingles... Suddenly started thinking if that will be ok when it comes to getting the Compostela from the pilgrim office in SDC? Anyone know?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, it's one I got from the Confraternity of St James - thank you!
Great. You could, under the recognized scheme, walk from A Coruna to Santiago and qualify to request a Compostela as the distance walked on The Way of St James is counted into the requirement to have walked “at least” 100km to the shrine of Santiago.

In the good old days you could have just sent your proxy on the same journey and still have got the prize 😉😉

Did you get a Compostela based on your original stamps? In other words, do you plan to use the credential as a continuation of a pilgrimage “started” or as a whole new Camino? I’m just not sure I understand.

Did you get a Compostela based on your original stamps? In other words, do you plan to use the credential as a continuation of a pilgrimage “started” or as a whole new Camino? I’m just not sure I understand.
Because the stamp from the Pilgrims Office effectively closes off the credential once a Compostela has been issued doesn't it?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Because the stamp from the Pilgrims Office effectively closes off the credential once a Compostela has been issued doesn't it?
Exactly.
That final stamp ends that journey.
I suppose the OP can start getting stamps in a new square for a new journey in the same credential, but it may make it confusing in the pilgrim office, especially if you get a new volunteer.
If the OP hasn’t gotten a Compostela yet for the original journey, then no problem using it to continue his/her albeit convoluted route to Santiago.
Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James' Way - so continuing English Camino to Camino Ingles... Suddenly started thinking if that will be ok when it comes to getting the Compostela from the pilgrim office in SDC? Anyone know?
Yes you can. I walked St. James' way in March and then The Camino Ingles, from Ferrol, in April. With the same Credencial. No problem getting the Compostela. Buen camino

Normally yes, but if there's enough space left, you can use the same credencial for another camino and to get another compostela.

Mind you, this has nothing to do with the question that was asked:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I don’t know the answer for certain, however it might be wise to register your Camino online and get the code in an email, which you could then add to your credencial. Many albergues sell credentials for 2 euros, some Tourist Info places may too.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back