• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can You Do It?

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
I wrote these 8 questions many years ago to ask yourself if the Camino is appropriate for you. Or more accurately could you endure such an effort as walking every day, carrying a full pack and staying with a group of strangers in albergues each night? Here are some additional alternative views to help clarify your decision.

1 This is NOT a walk in the park! Just because so many pilgrims have been successful does not guarantee that you will be. Anybody any moment can fall or pull or break anything. The most common injury is the result of trying to walk too far too quickly carrying too much! Easy does it. Be a snail; slow but, determined, like me.

2 To get an idea of how it feels to walk for a day with a loaded backpack carry 6 kilos or 13 pounds of potatoes continually for at least six hours around the house rarely sitting down.

3 Do bugs, dust, dirt, mud, rain or snow bother you? Can you pee in the woods? If you need a sanitized toilet seat and/or spotless surroundings this is definitely NOT your thing!

4 Can you share a dorm with others and/or sleep next to a stranger? Do you tolerate snoring? Or do you snore? What about smelly socks, garlic breath or worse?

5 Do you need hot water for a shower? Can you balance soap, shampoo, and sponge in one hand while trying to regulate water temperature and/or flow with the other? When done can you put your clean clothes on while balancing on one leg to avoid puddles on the floor?

6 Can you be up, dressed,packed and walking by 8am in summer or dawn in winter? Such are the rules for using municipal albergues.

7 Can you accept that nothing you carry on the Camino is ever truly clean or dry or tidy? Reality is a gradation of grey and damp and mess! Nevertheless that's life.

8 Do you meet people easily? Of course, it is always a pleasure to greet others either saying buen camino to fellow walkers or waving to distant farmers readying their fields. These may be simple gestures but shared they help make us human. What fun it is to meet and greet all pilgrims including those who were prior digital acquaintances! Can you chat and share ideas, food, or help? Are you ready to smile and offer your hand in friendship? A smile returned by a new friend is one of the Camino's many joys. Just try it!
What matters is to DO IT!

As pilgrims said in the Middle Ages Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
8 Do you meet people easily? Of course, it is always a pleasure to greet others either saying buen camino to fellow walkers or waving to distant farmers readying their fields. These may be simple gestures but shared they help make us human. What fun it is to meet and greet all pilgrims including those who were prior digital acquaintances! Can you chat and share ideas, food, or help? Are you ready to smile and offer your hand in friendship? A smile returned by a new friend is one of the Camino's many joys. Just try it!

Imho this one is the clincher .. outweighs all the others 😊

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't know that these questions are the best questions to determine if one can do a Camino or if it is appropriate for you.
1 This is NOT a walk in the park! Just because so many pilgrims have been successful does not guarantee that you will be. Anybody any moment can fall or pull or break anything. The most common injury is the result of trying to walk too far too quickly carrying too much! Easy does it. Be a snail; slow but, determined, like me.
Well, this is very true -

2 To get an idea of how it feels to walk for a day with a loaded backpack carry 6 kilos or 13 pounds of potatoes continually for at least six hours around the house rarely sitting down.
Except carrying a sack of potatoes around the house is totally un-inspiring. Better to advise someone to fill a bag with 6 kilos of anything and go for a local 6 hour hike. Walking around my house with a bag full of potatoes will make me say no. Walking around a scenic area with a full pack may inspire me.
3 Do bugs, dust, dirt, mud, rain or snow bother you? Can you pee in the woods? If you need a sanitized toilet seat and/or spotless surroundings this is definitely NOT your thing!
Two totally unrelated things.
Does dirt, bugs, and weather bother you?
Do you need the modern comforts of home such as a sanitized toilet seat? And can you pee outdoors (maybe in woods, maybe in a plane with nothing to protect you from on-lookers. But does one really have to do that all that often? Depending on the route - one may rarely find this necessary.
4 Can you share a dorm with others and/or sleep next to a stranger? Do you tolerate snoring? Or do you snore? What about smelly socks, garlic breath or worse?
Well - this one is about choices. Sleep in dorms or spend more money and pay for private rooms. Camino has options.
5 Do you need hot water for a shower? Can you balance soap, shampoo, and sponge in one hand while trying to regulate water temperature and/or flow with the other? When done can you put your clean clothes on while balancing on one leg to avoid puddles on the floor?
This one is also about choices. Private rooms with private bathrooms vs shared or communal bathrooms.
6 Can you be up, dressed,packed and walking by 8am in summer or dawn in winter? Such are the rules for using municipal albergues.
Again - choices are available for this too.
7 Can you accept that nothing you carry on the Camino is ever truly clean or dry or tidy? Reality is a gradation of grey and damp and mess! Nevertheless that's life.
Hmm.... I had many days when the contents of my bag were clean (washing machines). Of course - the outside of my bag and walking clothes were dusty. But I loved having my clean clothes - when I used the washer/dryer.
Not sure what to say about this one. I am a total introvert and find it difficult to go out and meet new people - but did so on the Camino. But meeting people can just as easily be a turn off for some people and a turn on for others. That said - you can always make your Camino meet your needs. I was alone when I wanted to be. I was with people when I wanted to meet people - most of the time (there were times I didn't find someone to hang out with).

I would say some of the better questions are:
Do you like being outdoors? Do you like outdoor activities? Are you OK with getting dirty? Seeing bugs?
Have you ever been hiking? Do you enjoy hiking? Do you enjoy long distance hikes?
Can you walk for hours 6-8 hours a day, every day, for one to many weeks to get from point A to point B each day until you reach your final destination?
Do you enjoy walking between towns when the topography is (whatever it is for that Camino)?
Are you fine walking on a mix of paths through woods/fields and dirt/gravel roads, and sometimes on the side of main roads?
Are you OK with walking in a variety of weather - including cold, heat, rain? And seasonally appropriate - snow?
Do you realize this isn't a backcountry wilderness hike?
Do you realize this goes through towns frequently?
Are you OK walking on a trail with little shade? Or do you need to be where there is a lot of tree cover?
If you are not near a bathroom, are you OK with peeing outdoors? Behind a tree - or not?
Can you pack light and only carry 1 or 2 changes of clothes for your entire Camino? Or do you need a heavier pack which may require paying someone to transport it for you?
Can you change rooms pretty much every night or do you need to have a home base from which to explore?
Are you willing to sleep in a room full of strangers who may snore or rustle around at night or wake up every hour to pee or go to sleep later/get up earlier than you? Or do you need to pay more for a private room?
Are you comfortable showering and peeing in co-ed communal bathrooms? Or do you need to pay more for a room with a private bathroom?
Are you willing to handwash your clothes day after day? Or do you need to pay for a washing machine day after day? Or do you need to do a combination of both?
Do you need a solitary hike? Or do you need a social hike? Are you OK if somedays you don't talk with anyone and other days you talk with everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gnats..snoring,(not me)...other than that this shy introvert turns into another creature behind my camera and music and the magic of being "out there"..

People are interesting..stick them into uncomfortable situations and you find out who they really are.
Some turn into insufferable tyranical beings
Others into angels.

One thing missed..sleeping in heat..physically i cannot..my person will toss and turn a week and still not get tired enough to get restfull sleep.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Except carrying a sack of potatoes around the house is totally un-inspiring
At times the camino can be totally un-inspiring.
Walking through ugly industrial exurbs at the end of a long day on a concrete path when everything hurts, especially the three blisters on each foot. Resilience deepens at times like that. So do determination and understanding that life is what it is...not to mention compassion for anyone else in the same boat.

The camino is life. There is inspiration and mind-numbing boredom or even disgust. People are angelic or a complete pain. Comfort and contentment turn into dissatisfaction and anger.

There won't be inspiration and joy every moment, so carrying a sack of potatoes around the house is an ideal preparation.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@mspath : Merci!

You described it perfectly.
I think I speak for many here when I say that we immensely appreciate your insights, wisdom and gentleness when it comes to all things Camino.

Many are inspired to write a book about their Camino ( and would better not do that IMHO ) but if you were to write one! Now , I would buy yours immediately.

Last edited:
I wrote these 8 questions many years ago to ask yourself if the Camino is appropriate for you. Or more accurately could you endure such an effort as walking every day, carrying a full pack and staying with a group of strangers in albergues each night? Here are some additional alternative views to help clarify your decision.

It could become a bit boring for you, @mspath, that I keep extolling your virtues! Before finding the forum, I found you. Without you, my way would have been so much more of a challenge. Thanks, merci, gracias...

Do you need the modern comforts of home such as a sanitized toilet seat? And can you pee outdoors (maybe in woods, maybe in a plane with nothing to protect you from on-lookers. But does one really have to do that all that often? Depending on the route - one may rarely find this necessary.
Yes indeed it depends on the route. Probably not often necessary on the Camino Frances - but I and others can vouch that there are many camino routes where peeing outdoors is the only option - with long stages with no services at all.

As for the rest from @mspath - I always enjoy reading her posts and appreciate her insights. 🙏 Edited to add - and her kindness

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Interesting questions - I didn’t ask myself one of them. I wanted an adventure and asked my best friend if she was interested on doing a walk together. I thought trekking in the Himalaya. She suggested the Camino - which I had never heard of. I didn’t ask the questions but I found this forum and I did do heaps of research. I soon learned there was more than one Camino and definitely more than one way to do a Camino. We settled on the Frances from SJPdP because of the amount of infrastructure. I worked out our itinerary and we booked accommodation at every stage which could be cancelled at no charge. We had our large bags transported (backpacks which had wheels but no waist strap) and carried smaller backpacks (mine weighed 7 kg) as much as some pilgrims entire main backpack. I had a total hip replacement a couple of years prior to our Camino so wasn’t sure if I was up to walking almost 800 kilometres. We liked walking but did we like walking almost every day for five weeks? We followed advice on this Forum about shoes, socks, training etc.

END RESULT - We loved it - despite my fall coming out of Leon and breaking my wrist. We ended up taking four taxis - all before Sarria and I managed to stick to our plans and walk the rest. We learned so much about ourselves, other people and appreciating everything so much more than we did before. Especially the simple things in life.

I don’t think you find the Camino. I think somehow it finds you.

WARNING: Caminos can be extremely addictive! We are planning our next one in 2023. Camino del Norte perhaps?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone! These questions are interesting because I’m asking them to myself! I’m 56, 50 pounds overweight, need a CPAP and buckets of medicines, have had several foot and leg surgeries, and am what people call “high maintenance” (but I prefer to call “prepared”—I’m the one people expect to have a tweezer, an extra snack, or a roll of duct tape!). I hate bugs, especially the hand-size cockroaches that lived in my kitchen in Brazil in 1986. I am literally the LAST person you would expect to be making a pilgrimage.

But guess what? For several years I have been hearing about the Camino and the audacity of undertaking that journey has been calling to me. I have discovered that I love being outdoors, and I can carry a 15 pound pack on my two-hour-long walks. I enjoy the challenge! I am slowly acquiring the necessary gear and building up my stamina, and next spring you will see me on the Francés!

P.S. I peed outside all the time when I lived in Bolivia and of course I always carry toilet paper.

P.S2. I am multilingual and love meeting new people. If they are annoying or snore, I have earplugs. Did I mention I am a heavy packer? 🤣

Love to my new camigos!
💕 Karla

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good things to keep in mind as I begin the ten day countdown to my first Camino. Thank you for the helpful dose of reality!
Just finished my third stage from Pamplona on the Frances. Shoulders and legs sore and wiped out overall. BUT, beautiful scenery and great people. Decided to have rucksack sent ahead to see if allows my body time to acclimate . THE CAMINO WILL PROVIDE.
Listen to your body

Great post and all is true!

Eight good questions! The second question made me laugh because when I was preparing for my first camino, well before I understood how to pack my backpack or what to pack, I did use a small sack of potatoes (along with some other padding for weight) to get used to wearing a weighted backpack when I went for walks or hikes. It was helpful!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi everyone! These questions are interesting because I’m asking them to myself! I’m 56, 50 pounds overweight, need a CPAP and buckets of medicines, have had several foot and leg surgeries, and am what people call “high maintenance” (but I prefer to call “prepared”—I’m the one people expect to have a tweezer, an extra snack, or a roll of duct tape!). I hate bugs, especially the hand-size cockroaches that lived in my kitchen in Brazil in 1986. I am literally the LAST person you would expect to be making a pilgrimage.

But guess what? For several years I have been hearing about the Camino and the audacity of undertaking that journey has been calling to me. I have discovered that I love being outdoors, and I can carry a 15 pound pack on my two-hour-long walks. I enjoy the challenge! I am slowly acquiring the necessary gear and building up my stamina, and next spring you will see me on the Francés!

P.S. I peed outside all the time when I lived in Bolivia and of course I always carry toilet paper.

P.S2. I am multilingual and love meeting new people. If they are annoying or snore, I have earplugs. Did I mention I am a heavy packer? 🤣

Love to my new camigos!
💕 Karla
Buen Camino Karla. You will love it❣️

Personally I feel there is really only one question that matters, "Are you drawn to walk a Camino to Santiago de Compostela?" If you are then there are ways to deal with all difficulties and fears.

I hit 60 and realised I really did want to do this and maybe I should look at each fear that stopped me and see if I could find a way to deal with it before too late! I'd never done anything remotely like this nor knew anyone who had. My way was to use a company who worked out my stages (I opted for 'easy'); they booked my accommodation and evening (meat-free) meals, carried my bag and provided an emergency back-up. I chose the Porto Central route in October as I'm not good with heat.

All I had to do was walk....and I was never sure I'd manage that until I reached Plaza de Obradoiro! It was 10 years since I had first been attracted to the Camino. It was emotional and very special indeed! It had not been easy, especially as there was a heatwave with temperatures up to 36C. I learnt a lot.

In my research beforehand I found this forum and certainly read a lot. However I came across some strong opinions that were very negative regarding people who did not carry their full packs and who didn't stay in albergues. I did not join the forum and did not feel I was a legitimate pilgrim.

I learnt a lot on that Camino, enough to know I could approach this without a company next time. Yes I wanted a next time 😅 I set myself the task of finding a light enough backpack and practicing with it so I felt confident I could try carrying my own bag. I knew I could send it forward if it was too hard. I also determined I would spend at least one night in an albergue so I could experience what 'being a proper pilgrim' was like! I joined the forum but kept quiet about my first approach. I actually slept in quite a few albergues from Ferrol to SdC then on to Muxia and Finisterre. But I did dip in and out so I could get some decent sleep too.

Being a Pilgrim is about what is in your heart, nothing else really matters, that is my firm belief. We can find a way that is right for us. This forum has some wonderful generous Pilgrims and I have gained a lot from their sage advise: thank you. It is a great resource on many fronts. It is well moderated too so once again thank you. But if you have fears it is also easy to confirm them here; just let those fears be a learning point not a stopping reason. Buen Camino.

Personally I feel there is really only one question that matters, "Are you drawn to walk a Camino to Santiago de Compostela?" If you are then there are ways to deal with all difficulties and fears.

I hit 60 and realised I really did want to do this and maybe I should look at each fear that stopped me and see if I could find a way to deal with it before too late! I'd never done anything remotely like this nor knew anyone who had. My way was to use a company who worked out my stages (I opted for 'easy'); they booked my accommodation and evening (meat-free) meals, carried my bag and provided an emergency back-up. I chose the Porto Central route in October as I'm not good with heat.
Yep - all about choices! And with the Camino there are SO MANY CHOICES! It is so easy to avoid a lot of what you perceive to be negative aspects of the Camino by making choices that fit your needs. Albergues vs private rooms, Wingit or Prebook same day/day in advance or prebook the entire thing, hand wash or machine wash, lightweight backpack or transport your pack, a trail with few amenities or a trail with a lot of amenities... the list goes on! These are the things that make a Camino such much more accessible to people of all ages and abilities. I think the biggest pitfall is people trying to compare it to a wilderness hike - which it obviously is not! People expecting it to be like the wilderness hikes of North America or fearing it is without amenities.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't know that these questions are the best questions to determine if one can do a Camino or if it is appropriate for you.

Well, this is very true -

Except carrying a sack of potatoes around the house is totally un-inspiring. Better to advise someone to fill a bag with 6 kilos of anything and go for a local 6 hour hike. Walking around my house with a bag full of potatoes will make me say no. Walking around a scenic area with a full pack may inspire me.

Two totally unrelated things.
Does dirt, bugs, and weather bother you?

Well - this one is about choices. Sleep in dorms or spend more money and pay for private rooms. Camino has options.

This one is also about choices. Private rooms with private bathrooms vs shared or communal bathrooms.

Again - choices are available for this too.

Hmm.... I had many days when the contents of my bag were clean (washing machines). Of course - the outside of my bag and walking clothes were dusty. But I loved having my clean clothes - when I used the washer/dryer.

Not sure what to say about this one. I am a total introvert and find it difficult to go out and meet new people - but did so on the Camino. But meeting people can just as easily be a turn off for some people and a turn on for others. That said - you can always make your Camino meet your needs. I was alone when I wanted to be. I was with people when I wanted to meet people - most of the time (there were times I didn't find someone to hang out with).

I would say some of the better questions are:
Do you like being outdoors? Do you like outdoor activities? Are you OK with getting dirty? Seeing bugs?
Have you ever been hiking? Do you enjoy hiking? Do you enjoy long distance hikes?
Can you walk for hours 6-8 hours a day, every day, for one to many weeks to get from point A to point B each day until you reach your final destination?
Do you enjoy walking between towns when the topography is (whatever it is for that Camino)?
Are you fine walking on a mix of paths through woods/fields and dirt/gravel roads, and sometimes on the side of main roads?
Are you OK with walking in a variety of weather - including cold, heat, rain? And seasonally appropriate - snow?
Do you realize this isn't a backcountry wilderness hike?
Do you realize this goes through towns frequently?
Are you OK walking on a trail with little shade? Or do you need to be where there is a lot of tree cover?
If you are not near a bathroom, are you OK with peeing outdoors? Behind a tree - or not?
Can you pack light and only carry 1 or 2 changes of clothes for your entire Camino? Or do you need a heavier pack which may require paying someone to transport it for you?
Can you change rooms pretty much every night or do you need to have a home base from which to explore?
Are you willing to sleep in a room full of strangers who may snore or rustle around at night or wake up every hour to pee or go to sleep later/get up earlier than you? Or do you need to pay more for a private room?
Are you comfortable showering and peeing in co-ed communal bathrooms? Or do you need to pay more for a room with a private bathroom?
Are you willing to handwash your clothes day after day? Or do you need to pay for a washing machine day after day? Or do you need to do a combination of both?
Do you need a solitary hike? Or do you need a social hike? Are you OK if somedays you don't talk with anyone and other days you talk with everyone?
These are excellent questions, thank you. I have a colostomy and will need bathrooms periodically. Any info on frequency of finding one will be helpful. Walking may 18-24 camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago DC. Will average 10 mi. A day and added an extra day to do that.Thank you.

These are excellent questions, thank you. I have a colostomy and will need bathrooms periodically. Any info on frequency of finding one will be helpful. Walking may 18-24 camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago DC. Will average 10 mi. A day and added an extra day to do that.Thank you.
So, there are no "public" bathrooms. But pretty much every town has a bar and you can go to the bar, buy something, and use their bathroom. I personally bought an aquarius (like gatorade in the US) and used the bathroom. I need some cool fluids and electrolyte replacement. But you can buy any drink, or breakfast/snack/lunch food that they offer. One of my stops would be for breakfast. Another would be for a cold drink. And Another would be a snack or lunch. In the section for Saria to Santiago - you will always be going through towns with bars and bathrooms. So - that is a good stage if you have specific toileting needs such as your colostomy or for someone with irritable bowel syndrome etc. Again - just budget into your day to buy a little something at all your desired bathroom stops - as the albergue owners have to pay the water/sewer bills.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So, there are no "public" bathrooms. But pretty much every town has a bar and you can go to the bar, buy something, and use their bathroom. I personally bought an aquarius (like gatorade in the US) and used the bathroom. I need some cool fluids and electrolyte replacement. But you can buy any drink, or breakfast/snack/lunch food that they offer. One of my stops would be for breakfast. Another would be for a cold drink. And Another would be a snack or lunch. In the section for Saria to Santiago - you will always be going through towns with bars and bathrooms. So - that is a good stage if you have specific toileting needs such as your colostomy or for someone with irritable bowel syndrome etc. Again - just budget into your day to buy a little something at all your desired bathroom stops - as the albergue owners have to pay the water/sewer bills.
Super helpful. Ty. I always buy something in the states anytime I use an establishments restroom. I think I need to examine the route to see how far apart towns are to help my anxiety around this. Excellent info Ty

Super helpful. Ty. I always buy something in the states anytime I use an establishments restroom. I think I need to examine the route to see how far apart towns are to help my anxiety around this. Excellent info Ty
Here is one webpage that can give you an idea of how far towns are. Select your starting/stopping points and then you can go to the next page and pick your stages. Click on the Camino Planner. Also - the website gronze .com shows you the "normal stages" and you can get more information about lodging in each place. That website is in Spanish but your web browser can translate to English. Then the guidebooks/apps give more details about the towns. http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/camino-planning-tools.html And really - things are pretty close Sarria to Santiago!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If I've gone to a bar to use the bathroom, but didn't need or want to make a purchase, I would put a euro coin on the counter and smile; the person behind the counter always nodded or smiled back at me, knowing why I did it.
Always an option! I just don't expect to use a bathroom for free - but giving a Euro or 2 is good too!

Here is one webpage that can give you an idea of how far towns are. Select your starting/stopping points and then you can go to the next page and pick your stages. Click on the Camino Planner. Also - the website gronze .com shows you the "normal stages" and you can get more information about lodging in each place. That website is in Spanish but your web browser can translate to English. Then the guidebooks/apps give more details about the towns. http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/camino-planning-tools.html And really - things are pretty close Sarria to Santiago!
OMG. tY! Sooo helpful!

It certainly seems like these 8 questions might be useful in determining if a Camino is right for a person but in my experience, they are pretty useless as predictors. I have met many people who, before ever walking a Camino, would have said that they are not up for one or several, or even all of these things. But on the Camino they found otherwise and found that what they are willing to put up with depends to a large part on what they receive in return. You don't receive a lot in return for carrying 6 kilos of potatoes around the house without resting for 6 hours. The situation is different on the Camino. Many who would have said none of these are for them find themselves returning for repeat Caminos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
One of my bigger fears before my Camino was sleeping in communal conditions. When I’d been in similar situations in the past I hardly slept a wink. On the Camino Frances I figured it out. I won’t say I got the best sleep of my life, but I slept. I chose to stay in albergues because I thought it was an important part of the experience for me. I’m so glad I did.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.