• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you pass this Spanish naturalization quiz?

Did you pass this Spanish naturalization quiz?

• Total voters
Time of past OR future Camino
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Let me start by presenting a bit on Spanish naturalization gathered from here:

To become a naturalized Spanish citizen there is a requirement to pass two tests: the DELE A2 and the CCSE.

The DELE A2 is the Spanish language exam. If you can prove a level of Spanish higher than A2, it is not necessary to take this exam.

The CCSE is the Spanish culture and society exam. It consists of a total of 25 questions, of which you must get 60% right (that's 15).

The CCSE is the test taken by James Blick in the video below (his YouTube channel is Spain Revealed). He is giving himself a handicap by drinking some wine after each answer to a question given to him by his wife, Yoly; a good wine for correct answers and a cheap wine for the incorrect ones. The video is almost 18 minutes long (because they are having fun with it).

James' test is the one to take in order to answer the poll. Wine is optional. Click the red and white arrow icon to view an embedded video here or the text link to view at Youtube.

I Took The Spanish Citizenship Test (Without Studying)
YouTube video id: Ddu_m_IrmgQ

So, how did you do? You needn't post anything; you can simply answer via the poll. But since I started the thread I will say that I passed this CCSE quiz but the DELE A2 could be troublesome.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

To become a naturalized Spanish citizen there is a requirement to pass two tests: the DELE A2 and the CCSE.

The DELE A2 is the Spanish language exam. If you can prove a level of Spanish higher than A2, it is not necessary to take this exam.

The CCSE is the Spanish culture and society exam. It consists of a total of 25 questions, of which you must get a 60% right (that's 15).

The CCSE is the test taken by James Blick in the video below (his YouTube channel is Spain Revealed). He is giving himself a handicap by drinking some wine after each answer to a question given to him by his wife, Yoly; a good wine for correct answers and a cheap wine for the incorrect ones. The video is almost 18 minutes long (because they are having fun with it).

James' test is the one to take in order to answer the poll. Wine is optional. Click the red arrow to view an embedded video here or the text link to view at Youtube.

So, how did you do? You needn't post anything; you can simply answer via the poll. But since I started the thread I will say that I passed this CCSE quiz but the DELE A2 could be troublesome.
Nice piece of work, Rick! I do not qualify for Spanish citizenship so will pass on the test. I like the wine part though...
I just needed to hand over some spondulicks and get police checks for every moment of my life, including each and every one of the many addresses I have lived at, to get my Irish/European citizenship.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Looks like my vote was one of those lost so I will vote again if possible as I impressed myself with 22 of 25. I also just took the Institute Cervantes Test -B1.3-B1.4. I have been studying a lot lately but WOW. Where does the citizenship line form?;)

Where does the citizenship line form?;)
Congratulations on the test results but be aware that Spain's official line is if you take Spanish nationality that's the only one you have. I don't know if they require you to officially renounce any others you hold. I do know that there are certain requirements that have to be met to officially renounce US citizenship.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I just needed to hand over some spondulicks and get police checks for every moment of my life, including each and every one of the many addresses I have lived at, to get my Irish/European citizenship.
But now you can reside in Spain @Kirkie. And with Irish citizenship and the Common Travel Area you can move to the North if you want and even Scotland. ;)

Congratulations on the test results but be aware that Spain's official line is if you take Spanish nationality that's the only one you have. I don't know if they require you to officially renounce any others you hold. I do know that there are certain requirements that have to be met to officially renounce US citizenship.
I was being facetious, but puedo tener suenos!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you have USA citizenship, you sign or say that you renounce it, but that means nothing, and Spain knows that. To do it for real, you fill out some State Department paperwork, pay a rather hefty "exit fee," AND get a certification from IRS that you do not owe any taxes. But there are some countries for which Spain does not require you to renounce citizenship. And there are some where becoming a Spanish citizen causes rthe original country to take away your citizenship.

I only got 15, which inspires me to try the full three hundred. I was probably B1 in the language the first day I arrived. But I'd have to spend ten more years in Spain to be eligible. (Or a year in Puerto Rico and then two years in Spain.)

But now you can reside in Spain @Kirkie. And with Irish citizenship and the Common Travel Area you can move to the North if you want and even Scotland. ;)
I did before - reside there - that is where I learned the language, attending to everyday language around me and also going to second chance school for adults. For me, superior to a language academy. I read everything I could lay my hands on, long before deepl!
Again, thanks for the thread. You are inventive, as are others, in keeping the threads varied and attractive.
Perhaps, just perhaps: a moment of acknowledgment of the range of giftedness of members of the forum.
There are so many types, in a positive sense - heaven help us if we were all the same. I love the quirky, I envy the restrained, I admire those who stick to the point in question.
Then there are those, as has been shown in a recently resurrected thread, who have passed on to a different realm.
I hope @SAGALOUTS SON is watching...your dad was so well loved...
Back to you, Rick: take a bow.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Seems I will not be a Spanish citizen anytime soon, but a very interesting video. I've also marked the youtube channel for a further look.
I don't watch the channel often myself but I've enjoyed all the videos that I have watched there.

For those who want to see the URL for the homepage of the Spain Revealed YouTube channel it is:
https://www.youtube.com/@spainrevealed

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

The CCSE is the Spanish culture and society exam. It consists of a total of 25 questions, of which you must get 60% right (that's 15).

James' test is the one to take in order to answer the poll. Wine is optional. Click the red and white arrow icon to view an embedded video here or the text link to view at Youtube.

Didn't think I'd pass but 20/25 pretty good!
Mucho gusto Rick and Peg!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's interesting and unexpected. Tell us more please.
If you mean "a year in Puerto Rico and then two years in Spain” …
Puerto Rico is a “former Ibero-American colony” for the purposes of Spain’s two-year residency expection to the over-all residency requirement for citizenship. If you live there for a year and have the required evidence of doing so), you can get a certificate of Puerto Rican citizenship. I’ve seen lots of claims that this meets the Spanish requirement, but when I ask for comment from someone who has actually done so, I get no answer. But when two or more people claimed “No, you have to have been born there,” a Spaniard who is also a lawyer said that they were wrong.

If you mean "a year in Puerto Rico and then two years in Spain” …
Thank you for the post and link. Using the information in the link I spent way too much time trying to get a definitive answer (I've quit now BTW). I tend to trust an answer that says that the PR citizenship certificate is required but not sufficient in that you also have to be either born in PR or have PR parentage.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I thought I could revise my score up one, too. But in post #22 Pelegrin dashed my hopes saying that the answer we chose was still wrong (because there was now no right answer).
Well, in a second thought, A is still correct for number 9. The State has the responsability of Inmigration in Cataluña untill the new law for passing it to La Genaralitat de Cataluña is approved in Las Cortes ( Parliament)..That means in several months A is correct.

Thank you for the post and link. Using the information in the link I spent way too much time trying to get a definitive answer (I've quit now BTW). I tend to trust an answer that says that the PR citizenship certificate is required but not sufficient in that you also have to be either born in PR or have PR parentage.
Like I said, many folks claimed that, but the immigration lawyer said it isn't true.

Most read last week in this forum

As many of us know, over the last years the Camino has risen in popularity for South Koreans. I didn't know it had made it into their dramas, though! I was watching the Korean drama (Kdrama)...
One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...
Anne Chépeau of Radio France in an article published 24/04/2024, describes a special exhibition of paintings and choir carpet of Notre-Dame cathedral restored after the 2019 fire and presently...
Wonderful story! https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/santiago/santiago/2024/04/23/espiritu-barraca-garcia-lorca-llega-camino/00031713905544318401215.htm Filmmaker and pianist and their...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back