• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Fernanda

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Obrigado - delighted to know you both made it safely there.
Greetings and Blessings from rain-drop-sparkling-East-Bay-hills in california!
Buon Natale!
jacinto's sweater is a hoot - oh my :)

Que Dios te Bendiga en el Ano Nuevo
For you English onlys..
May God Bless you and in the New year!
All of you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Fernanda, Jacinto and Mariana and a merry Christmas to you.
I hope to stay at your wonderful Casa again. Your house is such a joy and it is a wonderful place to rest.
All the best to you in 2016.

Mama Frenada, I'm the pilgrim that gave you the bottle of Mexican Green sauce last year. I will always remember my stay at Casa Fernanda. Feliz Natal e feliz ano novo. Bom Caminho

Feliz Viagem

Bom
Obrigado - delighted to know you both made it safely there.
Greetings and Blessings from rain-drop-sparkling-East-Bay-hills in california!
Buon Natale!
jacinto's sweater is a hoot - oh my :)
Natal Claudia e feliz ano novo on behalf of a familia Rodrigues and of course of Nel and me.
Abraço

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

I hope you are as merry as the wonderful party we enjoyed !

casa Fernanda wish you all merry Christmas and happy new year !

A casa da Fernanda deseamos-lhes bom Natal e feliz ano novo

Bom caminho

Fernanda, Jacinto and Mariana

View attachment 22972

Bom caminho

View attachment 22972
Thank you for a most enjoyable stay in your fabulous Albergue.
Nollaig Shona Duit. Tom

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Happy Christmas to all at Casa Fernanda from a dull and rainy south-west England. Fond memories of my time at CF in 2014.

Eu também desejo; um Bom Natal e um Bom 2016 ( com muita saúde )

Eu estive aí em Novembro de 2013
E a minha irmã em Setembro de 2015

Espero que os cachorrinhos já tenha encontrado, donos.

Cumprimentos

João

T

Bom caminho

View attachment 22972
Thank you very much and hope you had a lovely holiday too. I will be walking the Camino Portugues in June with my friend Anna. Can we stay with you on 6th June? We will be walking from Barcelos that day. Kind regards Gitti

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
T

Thank you very much and hope you had a lovely holiday too. I will be walking the Camino Portugues in June with my friend Anna. Can we stay with you on 6th June? We will be walking from Barcelos that day. Kind regards Gitti

We wrote it down on the agenda. Be welcome. See you then .

Regards from casa da Fernanda

Last edited:
Bon Natal from Anna & Adrian from Costa Rica! Do you still have the hen that Iris gave you??

I shall never, ever forget this - my first albergue. What a wonderful and kind welcome. How is Tomas?
I think he will have grown by now!!!
P1090164.JPG

He was the youngest hospitaleiro I met!
God bless you all - and have a great 2016!
Stephen
xxx

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I shall never, ever forget this - my first albergue. What a wonderful and kind welcome. How is Tomas?
I think he will have grown by now!!!
View attachment 22987

He was the youngest hospitaleiro I met!
God bless you all - and have a great 2016!
Stephen
xxx
Greetings from Fernanda and us of course :)
Tomas is doing well. We were at their house last night and had an aguardente :p

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have a lovely holiday and a happy new year!
The albergue was full when I passed after coming from São Pedro de Rates but I got new cold water and some fruit before I left and I made it to Ponte de Lima. Thank you for your kindness Fernanda!

Thank you, Fernanda. We stayed with you in June and Mike (from Australia) helped you cook the barbecue. I wish you a beautiful 2016. Jacki. XXX

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
image.jpeg
Today Fernanda was interviewed by the Czech television about how Casa Fernanda started and how she opens her house for the pilgrims since then .
Very special.

Wow! Czech television on the camino! SY
Yes ! A Czech lady who walks the caminho herself now -it is pouring with rain by the way here in north Portugal - and speaks fluently Spanish so the interview was in the Spanish language with Fernanda.

Almost every day arrive peregrinos here .
Since Christmas we met another Czech lady, walking back to Porto, some Germans and yesterday two Brasilian ladies.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello Fernanda
I have read so many wonderful things about you. We are 2 ladies from Canada, we would like to stays with on Sept 22. Do you have an email address
Marilyn and Sandy

Hello Fernanda
I have read so many wonderful things about you. We are 2 ladies from Canada, we would like to stays with on Sept 22. Do you have an email address
Marilyn and Sandy

My wife and I are close friends of Fernanda and her husband.

Please give Fernanda a call one ore two days before to make a reservation.
Fernanda has no time to read and follow up emails.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521

Bom caminho

Last edited:
Wow! Czech television on the camino! SY
The Czech lady is now editing the video material and adds my Gopro camera shots I made at the other side of the room :)
She promished me to send a link to the film when it will be ready.
Maybe I can publish the link here on the forum. The interview was in
Spanish /Portuguese

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.