Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Cash machines between O Cebreiro and Santiago?

I am planning to bring euros (haven't worked out how many yet) and credit/debit cards. Are there cash machines between O Cebreiro and Santiago?

Ann

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ann,

There should be plenty, have a look at the map and this url:
http://www.caixagalicia.es/wvio004_cont ... rossup.asp

... Caixa Galicia is the local bank in Galicia with the most cash machines... you will be walking for the most part in the province of Lugo, so do a search for this.

In general, most small towns will have a cash machine... and most supermercados will take your visa card as well (at least the bigger ones). I have a visa card from Norway that I use all the time while shopping, so it should not be a problem with foreign cards. The smaller stores in the smaller villages might take cash only, so some cash is needed.

Buen camino,
Ivar

Hanleyman

cash machines

Hi Ann,

yes there are cash machines, we used the Caixo (I think thats how you spell it) ones and we could access our UK accounts through switch cards - better than usingcredit cards - no interest charge. They were in all the major towns, Astorga, Molinaseca, Palas de Rei, Arzua and Santiago.

Have a good Camino,

Hanleyman

Mabel

Euros

Yes, there are ATM's you can use. Remember you will have to pay a fee, which could be anywhere between 2 Euros or up to 5.
I leave for Spain May 9th, arriving in Barcelona on the 10th and going to Roncesvalles to begin the Pilgrimage. I've done parts of it 3 times....the first was 125 k's. The second, alone, 200 k's and then 3 years ago, 265 k's with my 14 year old daughter who walked the whole way with me and carried her own weight. I was pretty proud of her.
My concern now is that I can get to Roncesvalles by the evening of May 10th!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads