• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CDG Airport connection

Marilyn Davis

Time of past OR future Camino
We are flying into Paris CDG from Canada at 10am...arriving into terminal 2E....wanting to book a flight to Biarritz through EasyJet or AirFrance....not sure what terminal that will be or how much time to allow? Does anyone know how much time it will take us to get through customs and to get to the appropriate terminal?

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
We are flying into Paris from Canada at 10am...arriving into terminal 2E....wanting to book a connection flight to Biarritz through EasyJet or AirFrance....not sure what terminal that will be or how much time to allow? Does anyone know how much time it will take us to get through customs and to get to the appropriate terminal?
Bear in mind that a flight booked on a separate ticket is not a "connecting flight." If schedules change or there is a delay in your flight to Paris causing you to miss the flight to Biarritz you will need to purchase a new ticket.

If you will be flying fairly soon there is less chance that the schedule will change, but if you are thinking about booking several months ahead I would be wary.

Bear in mind that a flight booked on a separate ticket is not a "connecting flight." If schedules change or there is a delay in your flight to Paris causing you to miss the flight to Biarritz you will need to purchase a new ticket.

If you will be flying fairly soon there is less chance that the schedule will change, but if you are thinking about booking several months ahead I would be wary.
Our flight into Paris arrives August 19th. Yes you are right....I guess it is not a connecting flight.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you are still within 24 hours of booking, you should be able to cancel it and make a new reservation that includes the connecting flight to Biarritz. That would protect you against delays in the first flight.

We are flying into Paris from Canada at 10am...arriving into terminal 2E....wanting to book a connection flight to Biarritz through EasyJet or AirFrance....not sure what terminal that will be or how much time to allow? Does anyone know how much time it will take us to get through customs and to get to the appropriate terminal?
Which airport? Paris has two real airports and a couple of pretend ones.

For sure I missed 4 hour connrction between CDG and Orly due to a major traffic jam on an early Friday morning

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are flying into Paris CDG from Canada at 10am...arriving into terminal 2E....wanting to book a flight to Biarritz through EasyJet or AirFrance....not sure what terminal that will be or how much time to allow? Does anyone know how much time it will take us to get through customs and to get to the appropriate terminal?
I would allow at least two hours.

Because flights from Canada to Paris were se cheap recently we reserved our own "connecting" flight with Air France to Madrid. We allowed enough time so we wouldn't be concerned about connections.
When you land you have to get on a "train" shuttle that takes you to the main airport and thru customs to pick up any baggage. We sent our poles thru baggage and carried our packs on. Air France charges 55euro to check bags so pay attention to those costs. They barely looked at us when we went thru customs.
While our layover was 4-5 hours, we had no stress rushing thru an airport we had never flown thru and had time to step outside for some fresh air before going to our next waiting area that was crammed full of people.

Because flights from Canada to Paris were se cheap recently we reserved our own "connecting" flight with Air France to Madrid. We allowed enough time so we wouldn't be concerned about connections.
When you land you have to get on a "train" shuttle that takes you to the main airport and thru customs to pick up any baggage. We sent our poles thru baggage and carried our packs on. Air France charges 55euro to check bags so pay attention to those costs. They barely looked at us when we went thru customs.
While our layover was 4-5 hours, we had no stress rushing thru an airport we had never flown thru and had time to step outside for some fresh air before going to our next waiting area that was crammed full of people.
We just did this connection and I would for sure leave 4 hrs. The terminal for Air France domestic is 2f which is across the parking lot. And customs can be busy in morning a good 2 hours to get through.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In general - you should be able to get through customs and pick up your luggage within 1-2 hours - however I wouldn't book your next flight for a minimum of 3 hours. Four hours would be even better. Too much chance for delays.

I would allow at least two hours.
Personally I simply wouldn’t book a time sensitive connection through either of the main Parisien airports; which I realise isn’t the most helpful reply in this thread. Perhaps second-equal to Rome Fuimicino both Orly and CdG seem designed to engender stress.

You have a lot of connecting flights that could be late that can affect the flight with AF to Biarritz. This is what happened to me with the flight from YVR to Montreal was late on March 18, and they have to redirect my flight to London and back to CDG. What a night mare that was..Think it over if one flight is late it can affect all other flights and AF is not responsible for AC. CDG is a big terminal that requires bussing to the terminal.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back