• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Certificate of Visit

Thomr

The Cathedral has started selling a new certificate a 'Certificate of Visit'

This can be bought from the headquarters of the Confraternity of St. James, at the praza da Quintana, by the Holy Door for 3 Euros and it says (according to google translate): The council of the Holy Apostolic Metropolitan Church Cathedral Basilica of Santiago de Compostela, located in the western region of Spain, all who shall see this letter of welcome, makes it known that D / a (proper name of the person requesting) has visited the Cathedral and the tomb of Glorious Apostle Santiago. On that occasion, the council, led the duty of charity while with joy, give the greeting of the Lord, through the intercession of the Apostle asked the Father to deign to grant spiritual wealth and material goods. Santiago bless him and be blessed. Given in Compostela, the Camino de Santiago Meta (date of the visit).

Perhaps not one for anyone who walks/cycles/rides to Santiago but it might be nice if you have any family who come to visit you when you arrive or for those who cannot physically manage the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I did not know the CSJ opened an office in Santiago. Is this correct? Their UK website does not mention it. Just wondering.

I did not know the CSJ opened an office in Santiago. Is this correct? Their UK website does not mention it. Just wondering.

Me thinks the OP meant the Spanish Confraternity of St.James, not the British one ... SY

Thanks. The OP made it sound like the Cathedral Tienda that fronts on Praza Quintana. Did the OP conflate the Cathedral shop with the Spanish CSJ?

I am just curious to know if there is another organization with offices in the old city.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Cathedral website states the posistion of the CSJ as above and I took this picture when at the Cathedral earlier this month which gives the position (sorry about its quality, it was in a glass case above my head):

20150419_100519.jpg
I hope this helps :)

Ah ha! A simple answer to a potentially complicated issue. So, nothing has changed. The sign was simply mis-translated.

Thus, the "Certificate of Visit" is obtainable from the Archicofradia offices, near the Cathedral tienda in Praza Quintana. I wonder if that is the place on the lower level of the Praza, opposite the fountain, with all the HDTVs running all the time?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you walk direction Holy Door, Cathedral on your left, it is the first door at the corner. SY

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back