• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chef Jose Andres

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
This might have been shared earlier, I admit I only glance at daily topics in email lately. But according to an article I just read on CNN , Jose Andres is doing a six part Discovery plus series on Spanish food!!!! Titled “ Jose Andre’s and family in spain”

Foodies unite!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Please see Anthony Bourdain's visit to Asturias with Jose as his guide. Wonderful. We walked the Salvador and especially enjoyed our stop on Jose's town, Mieres, cider capital of Spain.
Lol I think I came to our forum with nugget way back then too.. I’m a foodie, and was a Bourdain LOVER! We enjoyed seeing the restaurant with the fish as we’ve passed by it on two occasions.

I live close to Washington, DC, so I'm fortunate to be able to eat at several of his restaurants. Jaleo is a favorite and the Spanish craft cocktails alone are worth the trip. I love the humanitarian work he's done, both locally and internationally. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2018.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This might have been shared earlier, I admit I only glance at daily topics in email lately. But according to an article I just read on CNN , Jose Andres is doing a six part Discovery plus series on Spanish food!!!! Titled “ Jose Andre’s and family in spain”

Foodies unite!
It was broadcast some time ago but can't remember...Maybe on Netflix?

I watched the first episode last night. It was in Catalonia.
I knew that he was born in Austurias, but didn't know that he mostly grew up in Barcelona where his family moved when he was 6 years old.

I watched many of Anthony Bourdain's videos on food around the world and especially recall the episode in San Sebastian as I'd been there on the Norte. It was a very sad loss to have his interesting life end so soon of his own doing.😐

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We fly to Phoenix tomorrow for our youngest son's White Coat Ceremony afterwhich we are taking the grandmas to Vegas for a few days. My wife and I have reservations at Bazaar Meat for The Ultimate Tasting menu. We have been to Jaleo several times and enjoyed the experience.

¡Que aproveche!

Most read last week in this forum

As many of us know, over the last years the Camino has risen in popularity for South Koreans. I didn't know it had made it into their dramas, though! I was watching the Korean drama (Kdrama)...
One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...
Anne Chépeau of Radio France in an article published 24/04/2024, describes a special exhibition of paintings and choir carpet of Notre-Dame cathedral restored after the 2019 fire and presently...
Wonderful story! https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/santiago/santiago/2024/04/23/espiritu-barraca-garcia-lorca-llega-camino/00031713905544318401215.htm Filmmaker and pianist and their...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.