• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2009

Suzie - the big 5 0 seems to be one of those milestones! I was due to walk last September for exactly the same reason and had made a good friend through this Forum who was starting on the same date also about to be 50. My first Camino lesson proved to be 'all good plans....'. I was deeply disappointed at not being able to walk in September 2008 but am now in the planning and training stages for a September 2009 start. I shall leave StJPdP four days before I'm 51 and celebrate my birthday somewhere between Roncesvalles and Pamplona - walking extremely slowly.
Please come across and join the September Starters thread if you would like to join in the general excitement and nerves from those of us who are also drawn to walk The Way and will be en route at the same time as you and your friend

Happy planning :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arn, in answer to your comment above - Buckfast Abbey is also famous for its bees and honey, so maybe they will drink mead!!!!
Tia Valeria for Tio Tel

This is a response to Ginn's post:

Who else on this forum may be there in May 2009?

"Ginn"

Hi Ginn, i will be starting my Camino from Pamplona on the 21st of May, arriving in the city on the 20th from Barcelona by train. I have no established dates as to when i will finish my camino -- i will try to let things unfold as they should. But would love to connect with you somewhere in between or wherever we can. Please send me a PM and let me know how we can meet up. I will also bring my moby phone as my husband and family will want regular sms. Hope to hear from you before your departure.

Kindest regards,

Adele

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tia Valeria wrote:they will drink mead!!!!

Now, keeping this with the Class of 2009 topic. All this discussion on the various beverages that may be consumed can, by and large, be found on the Camino. Although I have had mead, I didn't notice any along the Way. I did see many bees and would suppose that mead is made in Spain.

Buen Camino,

Arn

Tim, on your looking forward to be on the road., yes you will enjoy it did part of the Camino last year from Roncevalles to Burgo fantastic time the scenery was fabulous..nice people from every where enjoy...I start on June 5 from Burgos. Peace and good will pleasant journey.
n

My name is Tamsen, and I will be walking the El Camino starting May 21st. Nervous, but hopeful!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, my ny name is Glen and I am from Co. Clare in Ireland. I am hoping to walk the Camino Ingles sometime between the 27th July and the 8th August depending on flights and all that jazz. Would love to try more but couldn't really take a lot of time from work. This site has been quite handy in figuring out what to do, as up until a few hours ago I hadn't a notion what I was doing, Now I have half a plan which is a start I suppose.

Thanks for all your help,

Is mise le meas,
Glen.

Tamson, hi yes be hopeful the nervousness will deplete once you get the taste of the Camino and meet so many wonderful people. Enjoy it I will be leaving first of June from Canada and then leave for Burgos to start my Camino, where I left off last year. The best to you.
n.

Hi Glen

I'm in the same boat as you - only a few days available away from work and family - but you do what you can do. This site is very goood for advice - I have learnt a lot from the other people here.

Buen Camino.

Suzie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello All,
I am excited to be planning my Camino for this year. My plan is to walk it with my 17-year old son, leaving SJPP on July 17 and walk to Santiago. I have already done the Camino twice on bike with my husband, but I am looking forward to the much slower pace on foot! If anyone is planning on being on the camino at this time, please let me know. I would love to meet on the journey!
Blessings,
Cristina

Camino Primitivo: - Fonsagrada to Cádabo
Terry warns that the path is washed out in places and all big stones and water. it is also very narrow and there is no way round.
Especially bad for the 6kms between A Lastra and Cádabo. He needed his pilgrim's staff for support as it was very slippery, and said it also takes extra time because of the care needed. He was concerned that those using the Camino Primitivo were prepared for this.
Walk safely,
Tia Valeria for Tio Tel

Terry met 3 pilgrims next morning who had twisted knees and ankles on this stretch and were having to catch the bus. They had to reach Santiago by the weekend and would not have been able to walk it.

Hi, just had our first difficulty...leaving Atlanta to Chicago to Paris to train to St.JPdP..air out of Atlanta was too rough, which made us miss connecting flight...now we're back home in Atlanta, looking for a 28th (insteaed of 26th) flight to Paris)---(My boyfriend Tim made a post 3-4 weeks ago on this forum.) Luckily we have come to sorts with our first flight ...knowing we must have known the 29th or 30th group from SJPdP for a reason...besides that we are re-setting our air conditioning for 2 more days in Southern US heat and humidity....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey everyone well its getting there and looking forward to June 1 leaving Toronto for Madrid. Will spend 3 days in Madrid and off to Burgos to re-start my Camino. Have decided to take my time this time around and enjoy the scenery. Enjoy it.
n

I have decided this evening to do the Pilgrimmage and just found this site. I have no idea about when I will be going as I need to begin the process - well have just begun it with this post I suppose and the earlier decision really. I looks like I wont be able to go until August - though from someones post I understand it will be hot. I am not keen on the hot weather but do live in sunny (huh its been raining here for days now!!!) Australia (east coast: Sydney) so will check out the temperatures and humidity for that period.

I have been thinking about doing a walking holiday for about 12months now - its like an urgent desire that I keep having to suppress, but it just keeps coming back. So I am happy now that I have made the decision.

Lots of planning to do now and I will check out the rest of the forum for information. thanks for the info re the books, I will start looking for some of them.
regards
Lynn

That's it!!!

I'll be in Sevilla on the 20th of August and hit the VDLP on the 22nd, aiming to reach Santiago on or around the 12th of October.

It's going to be hot at the start, I know. But, I'm also thinking about the end where it's not going to be that nice and warm. We'll see!

A different experience from my previous six caminos...?

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will start my second Camino Frances at SJPP. Departing Ottawa Canada Aug. 8, 2009, arriving Paris then Bayonne then SJPP Aug9. Walking commences Aug 10th in the wee hours.

Buen camino

Jim

I leave in one weeks time,start SJPP on the 11th of June
7 long lazy weeks before I have to return,say hola to slowcoach if you see him.
Ian

Buen Camino Ian - I'll be starting on 8th June from Lourdes.
Your 7 weeks will seem long, but never lazy!! Long, hard, hot, cold, wet, dusty, rocky, muddy, noisy, silent, crowded, lonely, tiring, inspiring etc etc etc - never lazy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
lorax said:
I thought that too... but after more checking, Ireland and England are part of the 90 day rule.

sagalouts said:
hi janet
England and Ireland are not part of the schengengen states,
Ian
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com

Just to confirm that England is only one part of the UK, and cannot enter or avoid Schengen agreements on its own.

The UK is the accurate term, and this can avoid confusion.
I'm sorry to read of the trouble people are having with all of this - it's a nightmare.
:arrow:

The UK, along with the Republic of Ireland, are not part of the Schengen area. The UK and Ireland make up what is called the Common Travel Area.

This operates in a similar way to the Schengen area, in that there are no border controls along the Ireland-UK border. However, unlike the Schengen area, a visa that is valid for the UK is not always valid for Ireland. For example, citizens of Papua New Guinea don't need to apply for a visa for stays in the UK of up to 6 months but do need to apply for a visa to visit Ireland.

Hello to all! I can't believe it but soon I'll fly into Madrid from Canada -on July 6 - and plan to start in Astorga. This is my second time walking the Camino Frances, although the last time I didn't walk solo. I'll be looking out for those Camino pack badges. Cookie.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am now doing the Camino,having left St. Jean Pied de Port yesterday. Today, I´m in Zubiri having walked from Roncesvalles. This forum has helped me in so many ways. Although I am by myself I feel so connected and have met angels along the way.

Thank you for all the suggestions, words of encouragement, practical tips, prayers and information you´ve shared with me. I am so happy that finally after so many years of dreaming, I´m doing the Camino now.

Peace,
Manny D.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Manny D, may God be with you.I would love to hear your comments on St. Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles in one day,how long,how you felt and are you a mere youngster.

Buen Camino,
stpatricksbhoy.

Hey everyone,

My name is Christian. I'm a 25-year old Aussie who has been living in London for a year now. I have just arranged my transport to Bayonne, France and so plan to start the long walk out of SJPP on the morning of Wednesday 22nd July.

Feel very nervous at the moment. I have done some reading, but still have to purchase a guidebook from Borders. Haven't decided if new shoes are in order or if my trusty old walkers will do. Basically feel underprepared in many different ways, but I WILL be going ahead, and I know none of my apprehension will compare to the feeling of that Wednesday morning when I start off into the mountains.

Anyway, I have read through many posts here and feel a bit more comforted already. Will probably have a freak-out of two on here in the weeks to come, but it's nice meeting y'all!

Christian :?

novaro said:
. Haven't decided if new shoes are in order or if my trusty old walkers will do.
Christian :?
Christian,
I would probably stick with old shoes at this stage- you would probably have more problems with unbroken in shoes, and there isn't time now to break a new pair in properly. The trail is a bit rough underfoot in parts, but you probably won't encounter too much mud in July-August.
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Travel light. You will be surprised how little you need. Do not take any "extra" (soap, bandages, toothpaste, etc.). You can buy additional items along the way. Why take three T-shirts, if two will do? Flip-flops at just a few ounces will be fine for the shower and evening, so will you need the 1# sandals unless you REALLY plan to hike in them? (Sandals will be great for hiking if you get bad blisters, though.) Before you final packing, look at everything and ask: Will I use it for sure? If the answer is "no", then ask, "If I need it, can I buy it? If yes, then can you do without it for the two hours it will take to get to the store? If "yes", then leave it behind! You are likely to have an easy time making the 10 kg weight, and probably will have only 7 kg, if you give tough answers (no computer, no radio, no extra batteries, no mat, no sleeping bag (use a nylon or silk sleep sack), no shampoo, no fleece, no backup boots, no camp stove, no tent, no book, no bible, no full first aid kit, no GPS).

Dear stpatricksboy,

It took me like 9 to 10 hours to walk from SJPP to Roncesavlles. I am not used to hiking up mountains but with encouragement from others and with patience I survved it. It was difficult but the scenery will inspire you and the greetings of Buen Camino from others as they pass you by will encourage you. What is important is to walk your own pace. I am now in Mansilla delas Mulas and looking forward to Leon tomorrow moning. I´m 46 years old by the way!

Buen Camino,
Manny D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Courage, Christian!

I am doing the Camino by myself and had the same nervous feeling as I was planning for it. I´m now at my 19th day and enjoying every minute of it and would just laugh at myself, thinking of how unfounded my fears were before the Camino. You´ll meet angels along the way. The first friends I had,I met at the train station in Bayonne going to SJPP. You´ll never be alone! I also ended sending the book I brought with me, back home. As had been said over and over again, travel light. Let the Camino guide you and be open to surprises!

Buen camino,
Manny D.

Hey everyone finished the camino on June 23rd. David and I arrived together we had been travelling companions for 10 days..he was a good friend and appreciate his kindness and encouragement.took me 19 days to walk from Burgos to Santiago. Sort of miss the daily trail now. Met a lot of interesting people so many good people really miss being out there. From Leon onwards was extremely difficult..the upward climb that never ended. Thanks to Maria Pillar and her husband Zechariah who retrieved my stolen camera at Valverede de la Virgen their place is called La Casa del Camino private and they treat you royally...very nice couple. Am grateful to them..if you can stay there but call for a reservation food fresh from garden very hospitable it is like home. Be careful don't presume to leave things around otherwise they just get picked up like my camera..thanks Maria Pillar and Zechariah.
Right now am homesick for the Camino and all those great people I met..I wish them all the best..thanks for your friendship..you made the Camino a joyful journey Peace and joy and many blessings on everyone.
n. :p

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Everyone,

With sincerest thanks to all of you for the encouraging words, practical advice and inspiring stories. I left St. Jean Pied de Port last June 25, 2009 and arrived at Santiago de Compostela last July 31, 2009 after 37 days of walking. This forum helped me realize my dream for over 9 years. What I thought to be beyond my reach became a reality because of the experiences you have shared with me. The hesitation, the fear and the anxiety all disappeared as I read your stories one after the other. I did the Camino to honor my mother who died last January 16, 2009 and to pray for those I have promised my prayers, especially those who were very sick. In the Camino, I also carried with me the intentions and prayers of family and friends. The Camino was truly a blessing for me. I pray that it may also be a blessing for all of you! Buen Camino!

Blessings of Peace,
Manny D.

Manny D,
It is great to hear it all worked out so well for you. All the best for your return home.
Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello to future Peregrinos - I am looking to arrive in SJPdP on 20 Aug and start my adventure on Friday 21st Aug - I am flying with Ryannair from Stansted on the 20th - anyone else at this time. Should I book my first night at SJPdP? Thanks

Manny D., I'm glad to hear that you're ok and I hope you finally arrive home in safety.
It was a blessing for me and for my wife to meet you on the Camino. You were our best friend on those wonderful days when we walk together and you will remain forever in our hearts.
May God be with you!

Marius & Eta

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
WolverineDG said:
Bigfella, yes, you should look into booking your first night in SJP, just in case. What time are you arriving?

Kelly

Arrive Biarritz aorund 1510pm on Thursday - do you have a suggestion thanks

You can either overnight it in Bayonne or take the afternoon/evening train to SJP. Not sure what the train schedule is, but I believe there is a train at 1700. ? The bus from the airport is cheap, but it takes almost an hour, so if you want to get that train, I'd suggest taking a cab to the train station.

As for where to stay, there are many places. I'm staying at L'Esprit du Chemin. It might be booked up already, though.

Kelly

Hi, Wolverine!
Very generous of you the idea with blood donation.
I'm from Romania and I will donate in your name but I don't know how much is a "pint"? Can you tell me in miligrams, please?

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
it's the amount they take out of you when you donate. :) Though medical procedures are done in the metric system over here, they still refer blood donations here as "pints." Don't worry, they won't drain you dry. Thank you so much for participating!! Spread the word! :)

Kelly

Greetings to all, am planning to do the Camino in 2010 but would like to venture on a different route which will eventually connect to Camino Frances. The Tunnel route sounds interesting yet somewhat treacherous. Any info on this and directions would appreciate some feedback. thanks
n.

A very late camino: I'm walking from Roncesvalles starting on the 21st or 22nd of November and hoping to finish up at Finisterre sometime around New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.

I've been reading this forum for two years now, and have been posting for one and a half... And I'm amazed that it's only three weeks and five exams away now. It's a bit surreal, really...

€60,-
I am from Bermuda. Camino de Santiago has been on my mind for several years. I retired a year ago, took a photography course in Paris and now living in Normandie, my second home.

I have been contemplating going out in November and now doing some research on weather, accommodations etc. not sure this is the ideal time to start out. Thinking it may be better to wait unti late winter early Spring 2010

This pilgrim walked through France and Spain in winter on a previous pilgrimage. http://winterpilgrim.blogspot.com/ She struck some days with fairly challenging conditions at times.
(I see she is now planning something that looks even more challenging!)
Margaret

dnsmith said:
I have been contemplating going out in November and now doing some research on weather, accommodations etc. not sure this is the ideal time to start out.

I'm just thinking the same thing... :? I have the possibility of walking for two weeks and it is tempting to consider. Like you, uncertain, but unlike you I have already walked it in winter: December 2007 from O Cebreiro to Compostela. That time it snowed a bit (O Cebreiro in the snow is beautiful and quiet), rained a bit, but mostly it seemed autumnal - though very cold and misty. Pilgrim refugios are open at suffcient intervals to make it workable. Very few pilgrims, so facilities are easy to use and you get a good welcome from people when there are fewer pilgrims around.

Gareth

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks to both of you for responses. I am encouraged by both your comments and now even more inclined to at least attempt the walk. Gareth, if you are seriously considering please let me know, company is always welcome for some of the way, if you are so inclined.

Needless to say I will keep in touch.

Thanks again. Where can I find listing of the alberg or places to stay?
Dominique

dnsmith said:
Thanks to both of you for responses. I am encouraged by both your comments and now even more inclined to at least attempt the walk.

Here's what O Cebreiro and the camino through the Sarria area (and the stepping stones beyond Melide) looked like in winter light in December 2007: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/garethomas/WinterWalk2007# I really enjoyed that walk. Since my post above, I've decided I'm definitely going for it. I went out for a walk today and paid close attention to the feelings in my left foot - broken in August - and I think it feels OK. Next step is to work out the cheap flight possibilities... All systems go! The pilgrim goes back on the road. :D

Gareth

Gareth, I also enjoy your edits! The pictures were remarkable and invite us to go given the natural beauty of the Way.

I hope your foot is well healed and your body sufficiently strong to carry you on your pilgrimage again. God bless and keep you,

Michael

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
MichaelB10398 said:
I hope your foot is well healed and your body sufficiently strong to carry you on your pilgrimage again.

Thank you! The foot seems OK now. We shall see how it copes with Cruz de Ferro and O Cebreiro... I'll just have to go slowly for a change: I've given myself plenty of time anyway. I'm setting off this evening: flight into Madrid, then train to Leon in the morning. I love winter walking. It's so quiet. But no photos this time, as I've decided to leave the camera at home, take the book of Psalms, and just BE on the Camino instead of seeing it through a camera lens... :roll:

Gareth

gently there Gareth; tastes in literature vary you know! :D

Barbara said:
gently there Gareth; tastes in literature vary you know! :D

I forgot to bring the book of Psalms anyway...! First day´s walk yesterday, León to Villar de Mazarife. Good private albergue here. Three course meal for nine Euros and good facilities: first albergue on the right as you enter the village. Weather dull and windy but dry!

Gareth

Updated from Hospital de Orbigo, photos: http://picasaweb.google.es/garethomas/L ... ember2009#

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Barbara said:
Book of Common Prayer complete with the psalms.

Excellent. Thank you Barbara. It is very, very wet at the moment, so I would have probably ruined my copy had I remembered to bring it.

I´ve just descended from Cruz de Ferro into Ponferrada and the main pilgrim association albergue in Ponferrada has no heating on; so all the pilgrims are wearing wet clothes and we have nowhere to dry them. (There´s one tumble dryer: 2 Euros for 20 minutes.) The hospitalero helpfully suggested we could hang stuff on the washing line outside in the damp misty air... I begin to see the point of private albergues now: they charge more but the facilities are usually very good and they seem to know what pilgrims need in this weather!

Gareth

Ah Gareth, I thought of you as as I sipped my Bombay Sapphire this evening......Yes, a little comfort does enable better walking the next day. Next year you might like to try the Vezelay route, where pilgrims get pampered :D Mind, Ponferada could be worse, at least you have a shop, bars, and evidently internet! Also that's where the kind hospitalera let me stay when my camper broke down on the way home, with horsebox complete with donkey on the back. (Dalie got to stay with the local vet, who was charming and most helpful, including inviting me to eat with the family) Courage! Pluie du matin arrete pas le pelérin. :wink:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Barbara said:
Pluie du matin arrete pas le pelérin.

Ha! I remember singing that as I trudged through the pouring rain on that awful day with the thunderstorm when you came to rescue me somewhere north of Chateauroux! Did you know you can sing it to the Marselleise?

La pluie de la matin,
La pluie de la matin,
La pluie, la pluie, la pluie du matin
Arrete pas <emphasis> le pelerin!

I tried singing it yesterday for a while, but it was interrupted when I fell down a mudslide between El Acebo and Molinaseca... :oops:

Gareth

I really LOVE the Irago Mountains from Rabanal to Manjarin, to el Acebo and Molinaseca. Spectacular scenery, stunning wild flowers, ancient villages.

Attachments

• Wildflowers.jpg
    Wildflowers.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 669
  • Molinaseca.jpg
    Molinaseca.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 671
  • El Acebo.jpg
    El Acebo.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 670
The hill down to El Acebo (photo #1) and the road into Molinaseca (photo #2) (and the flowers, photo #3) were nice enough, I suppose. The mud, the wet rocks, and the narrow trail with fist sized rocks were less nice. The dung covered streets in Riego de Ambros were simply typical. Opinions are never right or wrong, just logical or illogical. I am sticking with mine, regardless.

Terry I like your image of the cross and tree and the caption..would like to know if it's a personal image or if you found it somewhere. thanks,
n.

nathanael said:
Terry I like your image of the cross and tree and the caption..would like to know if it's a personal image or if you found it somewhere. thanks,
n.

Hi Nathanael
The quote is 'in the public domain'. It is from the Passiontide Eucharist - the Church of England version is here :- http://www.cofe.anglican.org/worship/li ... ssion.html But it is also used by Roman Catholics and others.
The image of the cross is copyright our daughter!!! She drew it a number of years ago for us when we were founder members of a Christian Ecology Group.
I put the info here as it may be of interest to others.

blessings
Terry

€149,-
On Santiago..just a note of interest, was at a grocery store today in my hometown Ontario, Canada and came across a Santiago almond cake. It brought back memories from being in Santiago was a favorite desert of mine and most restaurants in Santiago. Seems to have made a beginning here will try it out and see if it's as good as the Spanish one. :eek:
n.

Gareth, greetings viewed your photos of the Camino and ended up viewing Diaconate photos..was curious..I myself this November graduated with a Masters in Divinity from University of St. Michael's College and Toronto School of Theology..would have liked to have sent a private message but couldn't figure it out this A.M....anyway have a Blessed Christmas would like to chat with you on the subject of the photos.
ciao
n

I completed my camino in mid October and at that time decided that it was enough for me. The steep downhill descent played havoc with my hip and I had to slow down drastically. However as I have been loading my photos onto my Facebook page and making up my photo album of my trip I have been reminded of the wonderful journey and the great experiences that I had. And I have been thinking about doing it again.

I skipped several sections although I walked from Astorga straight through to Santiago. Maybe in a couple of years I will start from SJPP (I started from Roncesvalles) and walk through to Leon and walk in the spring instead of the fall. I loved walking the meseta, so would like to do that route again. The knowledge that I gained from my first trip should be very helpful. Also I will train better for the uphill climbs as I found them difficult.

So maybe in 2011 or 2012 you will find me back organizing for another camino. Many thanks for all who post, your information is so valuable. I learned so much from this forum.

€60,-
Gailsie, great work in completing the Camino you mention two places that are very dear to me also. I found the Meseta fascinating and Astorga a place were friends meet. In Astorga I caught up with two friends I had lost and they as usual shared their cheese bread and wine. They taught me when making a sandwich to slice a tomatoe and rub it on both pieces of the bread. Astorga is also where a young Germany guy and I met again and we walked together for ten days completing the Camino together.
Yes as you said the memories are great..hurry up and see you out there.
n.

Re: Class of 2009 - BILL and ANNE from Brisbane-June 2009

Hi

We are a family of 4 New Zealanders who walked the camino from 27 May to 3 July 2009 - for a stage of the camino we walked with Bill and Anne from Brisbane, Australia.

We were separated from Bill and Anne and wonder if they made it to Santiago. Can anyone help ?

Bill was a semi retired engineer. Thanks.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.