• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2014

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
70 years is a great time to walk the Camino. My 62 year old wife walked with me this spring ( I am also 70 years old). 41 marvellous days starting in Roncesvalles on Ash Wednesday and arriving to Santiago for Easter.
I assure this will be a unique and fabulous experience.
Buen Camino!

70 years is a great time to walk the Camino. My 62 year old wife walked with me this spring ( I am also 70 years old). 41 marvellous days starting in Roncesvalles on Ash Wednesday and arriving to Santiago for Easter.
I assure this will be a unique and fabulous experience.
Buen Camino!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you for the encouragement Gil. I have read of so many "seasoned" pilgrims, and they all seem wiser for the journey. And, to be truthful, it's not just the Camino journey to which I refer. I truly hope to meet some of them along the way. I will be the one with the 29 year old daughter walking circles around me!

Hi Diane
It's daunting that's true, (the unknown to a degree ) but fortunately with the forum feedback comes a lot of reassurances on what to expect, so a lot of things won't come as a surprise.

You'll have your daughter to watch your back which is a comforting thing when travelling. Once you arrive on 'the way ' it will make more sense. It is a little confusing picturing how one arrives at the start, if it is sjpdp. I'm lining up for my 3rd but because it is a different route, the unknown factor still makes the 'getting there' daunting. One plus from having walked before is I know all will be well once I'm there .
It's very safe and friendly. And so it will be for you.
The CF is a great way Diane.
Buen Camino to u and your daughter.

Annie

Hi Diane
It's daunting that's true, (the unknown to a degree ) but fortunately with the forum feedback comes a lot of reassurances on what to expect, so a lot of things won't come as a surprise.

You'll have your daughter to watch your back which is a comforting thing when travelling. Once you arrive on 'the way ' it will make more sense. It is a little confusing picturing how one arrives at the start, if it is sjpdp. I'm lining up for my 3rd but because it is a different route, the unknown factor still makes the 'getting there' daunting. One plus from having walked before is I know all will be well once I'm there .
It's very safe and friendly. And so it will be for you.
The CF is a great way Diane.
Buen Camino to u and your daughter.

Annie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
updated 7/12.

2014 September Peregrinos
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-5

August 23 -Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24-zolarose
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea ,Purrrrple Panda
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge, Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, Jacquelineharris, alrushton
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri)
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
J18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles)
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s3sfamily(Leon)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan, Charlie Mason
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone--I have been spying on the forum for several months now, actually longer, and decided back before Xmas that I would go this fall. I hadn't really decided to 'come out' as it were, but thanks to some encouragement from an entirely unexpected yet exceedingly kind source, and an epiphany on my morning slog, I am adding my name to the list of pilgrims departing from SJPdP in late August. I am flying into Paris, spending a couple of nights, then train to Bayonne and finally SJPdP where I'm overnighting August 28. Orrison August 29 and Santiago hopefully by October 12. This forum has been so helpful--I can't really express how much I appreciate all the information and especially the years of Camino experience that have helped me plan my trip. I am scared silly, travelling solo, but there is so much support from forum members that I know I can do it !! So from the Canadian meseta, Saskatchewan (which really isn't that flat :)) Buen Camino

[QU OTE="gimpywalker, post: 227157, member: 36968"]Hello everyone--I have been spying on the forum for several months now, actually longer, and decided back before Xmas that I would go this fall. I hadn't really decided to 'come out' as it were, but thanks to some encouragement from an entirely unexpected yet exceedingly kind source, and an epiphany on my morning slog, I am adding my name to the list of pilgrims departing from SJPdP in late August. I am flying into Paris, spending a couple of nights, then train to Bayonne and finally SJPdP where I'm overnighting August 28. Orrison August 29 and Santiago hopefully by October 12. This forum has been so helpful--I can't really express how much I appreciate all the information and especially the years of Camino experience that have helped me plan my trip. I am scared silly, travelling solo, but there is so much support from forum members that I know I can do it !! So from the Canadian meseta, Saskatchewan (which really isn't that flat :)) Buen Camino[/QUOTE]
I'll be a couple of days behind you :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome aboard gimpywalker.

If you've read up on the forum already , then I'd say you're starting with good preparation.
Good time to start too . The 'being scared ', is pretty normal.
There will be so many friendly faces from day 1, you won't even think of that after you arrive.

Buen Camino.

Hi there!
It's my intention to begin walking from SJPP , France (I'm thinking) in mid-September 2014. My
I am in my late fifties and will be going on my own. Although my funds are modest I have a lot of flexibility in time. I'm welcoming any suggestions as to what is the best month to start the Camino.
I'm not a hot weather fan and would like to go when chances of rain are lowest...?!? Also, grateful for all ideas, info, and advice from, "those who have gone before" as well as those yet to embark on this mighty trek.
All the Best!
Martha
Victoria, B.C.
Canada
I should starting on 4thSept. Booked a night on 3rdSept in Sjpdp.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Great list!
Say hello when you see me. I leave SJPDP next month, 25th August!
I can't wait!

updated 7/12.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-5

August 24-zolarose
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 10th
September 11th
J18th
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

Hi, I'm Stella from Bellingham, Washington. I'm going on my first camino Sept/Oct. I'm beyond excited!! I'm looking forward to this experience more then I can put into words.
I have all my tickets bought and now I'm just working on what will be in my pack. This forum has been an amazing sourse of information for me. I really appreciate all who share
their wisom and experiences! I am starting my Camino in Leon and have 14 days total to walk. I'm planning on taking my time and seeing what happens. My only concern is that
I will be to worried about catching my plane at the end…so I hope my big plan works!
Buen Camino!!

I just realized that I never signed into the class of 2014. I have been on this forum for some time now offering my 2 cents on many topics. I am sure you have guess by now I have not yet walked my first Camino, so why do I have 2 cents to offer. Well I call it life experience. My wife and I will be departing SJPP on September 16, maybe the 17th. Our plan is to walk to we stop. Sounds like a great plan to me. We are retired living in up state NY and we are looking to live the next chapter in our life as world citizens. We are now starting to look at the world differently, hopefully without blinders. What better way then to walk in the foot steps of thousands who have gone before us. I am so excited it is like being 5 years old on Christmas morning.
I hope to meet you along the way, I will be the one with a big smile and a hop in my step.
Buen Camino to you all and thank you for putting up with me.
I'll be seeing you guys on the trail!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Any pilgrims arriving in SJPdP on the 3rd Sept planning to stay at Orisson? There are no free beds :( they have beds at kayola but will have to walk to Orisson for dinner and breakfast. Let me know if any of you were planning on stopping overnight. I don't know if I should book Kayola!?

The 1st stage is long n beautiful. I decided to play it safe n booked a night at Orisson Refuge. It is also my 1st day getting used to my walking setup. Not to mention that day's weather. One Korean Daniel Seo got into trouble in this stage. He started very late, 1345hrs. You can view it on YouTube. I don't want having to hurry the whole time in this 1st stage, and miss the good scenery. And a lot of climbing as well.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just booked accommodation in SJPP for 29 August and will begin my camino on the 30th. I'd love to hear from anyone else starting at the same time. So excited--this is actually going to happen!

Any pilgrims arriving in SJPdP on the 3rd Sept planning to stay at Orisson? There are no free beds :( they have beds at kayola but will have to walk to Orisson for dinner and breakfast. Let me know if any of you were planning on stopping overnight. I don't know if I should book Kayola!?
I stayed at Kayola last year and ate at Orisson it set my Camino up wonderful night, I will be staying at Orisson this year on the 5th, ring them when you get to SJPP they may have a cancellation.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 1st stage is long n beautiful. I decided to play it safe n booked a night at Orisson Refuge. It is also my 1st day getting used to my walking setup. Not to mention that day's weather. One Korean Daniel Seo got into trouble in this stage. He started very late, 1345hrs. You can view it on YouTube. I don't want having to hurry the whole time in this 1st stage, and miss the good scenery. And a lot of climbing as well.
I'm thinking the same Jason. I arrive in Bayonne at 12.30 and then have to travel to SJPdP. Do u think that is to late to start to reach Orisson/kayola? I might not make it for dinner depending on train/bus service from Bayonne! May be best leaving from SJPDP early morning the next day, 4th!?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm thinking the same Jason. I arrive in Bayonne at 12.30 and then have to travel to SJPdP. Do u think that is to late to start to reach Orisson/kayola? I might not make it for dinner depending on train/bus service from Bayonne! May be best leaving from SJPDP early morning the next day, 4th!?
.ndrea
If you haven't been to Sjpdp before, don't make plans to rush off. It's a beautiful French village. Enjoy the afternoon there or what's left of it by the time u get there; as I'm not sure what time your connecting bus will have you arriving. Plus you'll want to pick up your credencial from pilgrim office and get all the helpful info
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi nDrea. I managed to get a booking at Orisson on the 5th. I arrive on the 3rd late so am spending a day in SJPdP to overcome my 41 hours travel to get there!

Thanks ozAnnie I might just do that.
David looks like I will be in SJPdP 3rd Sept for 1 night. Hopefully get a bed in Orisson 4th
Thanks everyone :)

I stayed at Kayola last year and ate at Orisson it set my Camino up wonderful night, I will be staying at Orisson this year on the 5th, ring them when you get to SJPP they may have a cancellation.

Thanks, I'll do that. They said to call the night before to reserve a place at dinner, anyway, so I'll ask about cancellations then.

Glad to hear the Kayola/Orisson experience started your Camino off well!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
.ndrea
If you haven't been to Sjpdp before, don't make plans to rush off. It's a beautiful French village. Enjoy the afternoon there or what's left of it by the time u get there; as I'm not sure what time your connecting bus will have you arriving. Plus you'll want to pick up your credencial from pilgrim office and get all the helpful info
Buen Camino.
Quiet agree as it gives time to get into the feel and meet like minded people

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last edited:
Hi Jason, I'll be leaving St Jean on the 4th. I hope to see you at some stage.

David
I booked a night at Orisson refuge, just not to hurry in this stage. I want some time to smell the flowers on the way, if there are still some. And getting used to walking in full gear, no more dry rehearsal so far at home. Hopefully the weather will b kinder to all of us.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Mine traveling from Bordeaux to SJpdp on 3rdSep should b about the same as yours. I've booked a place at Gite Ultriea in Sjpdp.

@David & Trevor - I will be staying in St Jean 3rd Sept. Any recommendations for places to stay? Or is it necessary to booked in advance? Must meet up with you guys before starting off :)

I'm in Gite Ultreia http://www.ultreia64.fr/en/ for the night of the 3rd.
You can make a reservation online.
But you can find a full list of albergues / pensions in St Jean here http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/spip.php?article657

It is not required that you book in advancce but it is recommended.

David

I leave for Madrid at Shocking O'Clock tomorrow morning, hope to make it to Roncevalles for the night and starting to walk from there. Excited and somewhat nervous. FSO weight with snacks (cheapie flight) but no water is about 14 lbs. I was hoping for about 10 but had some weight creep :(
Clothes are the problem...I'm large and therefore so are my clothes, and my sleeping bag liner...
OTOH, I've got a 30 litre bag and it seems to be about right. Not a lot of free space for bocadillos though. Mind you, I have my shoes in there atm, hat, fleece, and a few other things I'll actually be wearing when walking.

I do wonder how much more we larger people carry in weight because of our clothes. I'm not obese but I am overweight and I have large feet for a woman. No doubt it adds a couple pounds all together. My sandals, convertible pants, fleece, bra, etc. Easily an extra couple of pounds.

I've given up. I just decided to train with my pack on until I leave in 4 weeks. Maybe I'll drop a couple pounds on my body but, regardless, I'll be more comfortable carrying the weight.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I do wonder how much more we larger people carry in weight because of our clothes. I'm not obese but I am overweight and I have large feet for a woman. No doubt it adds a couple pounds all together. My sandals, convertible pants, fleece, bra, etc. Easily an extra couple of pounds.

I've given up. I just decided to train with my pack on until I leave in 4 weeks. Maybe I'll drop a couple pounds on my body but, regardless, I'll be more comfortable carrying the weight.
Hi Zolarose,
I'll be a week later but starting on the Norte. Just start easy. I'm sure you'll drop some weight over the walk though; but go with the flow and enjoy your morning tostadas and cafe con leche! A friend of mine in previous Camino was searching for a belt when she lost weight!
Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

That would be an interesting thread, to be honest. I'm large and very tall for a female-type person, so I'm wondering if attempting a 36 liter pack makes sense in the autumn.

I'll be arriving in SJPP on Aug 29 and staying at Gite Ultreia for two nights and starting on Aug 31. I plan on first day to Roncesvalles. Hope to see some of you folks here---- there. Lol this will be my 2nd Camino. My first was in sept 2012. This one, I plan on seeing more along the way.

Buen Camino
"Snake"

That would be an interesting thread, to be honest. I'm large and very tall for a female-type person, so I'm wondering if attempting a 36 liter pack makes sense in the autumn.

A 36L pack works perfectly for me with space to spare and I'm 5' 11" and 210 lbs... I think it just depends on how much you pack

Glad to hear that. I will be using a 35L backpack. Should b big enough. Setting off 4thSept from SJpdp. Should b taking the Napolean route to Orisson, where I booked a stop.

@David & Trevor - I will be staying in St Jean 3rd Sept. Any recommendations for places to stay? Or is it necessary to booked in advance? Must meet up with you guys before starting off :)
ndrea i am booked into auberge de pelerin for the 3rd and 4th. I couldnt get into another that was recommended. What time are you getting into SJ? I arrive around 8 i think from Bayonne. How are you getting to SJ? Would be great to share some vino to calm the nerves;)

ndrea i am booked into auberge de pelerin for the 3rd and 4th. I couldnt get into another that was recommended. What time are you getting into SJ? I arrive around 8 i think from Bayonne. How are you getting to SJ? Would be great to share some vino to calm the nerves;)

Danielle at Auberge du Pelerin runs a lovely, tight ship, and her food is utterly divine. I plan to stop there next year.

She has wonderful stories of the many places she's been. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hi David. Did you try to book into ultreia? I had reserved and paid for a bed on the 3rd but they just emailed me to say they are fully book and will refund my account :( Is the place you have booked near Ultreia? I might try it. I have yet to book my train from Paris but I think I should arrive around 17.00'ish' defo meet up for dinner and soon vino :)

Hi David. Did you try to book into ultreia? I had reserved and paid for a bed on the 3rd but they just emailed me to say they are fully book and will refund my account :( Is the place you have booked near Ultreia? I might try it. I have yet to book my train from Paris but I think I should arrive around 17.00'ish' defo meet up for dinner and soon vino :)
Hi ndrea. I am leaving Paris on the TGV at 12.10. Try Pelerin and see if they have a spot. We may even be up for a croissant in Paris lol

@ndrea have you tried auberge de pelerin since you found out gite ultreia is booked up?

Month of August is still one of the peak periods - many peregrinos, I should think. And hotter! wonder if there will be difficulties in getting a bed in albergues.

Hi Lucy!
I'm getting to St Jean evening if the 4th and going to Roncesvalles on the 5th so hopefully we'll run into each other. Yes I'm getting so anxious and excited! Only a few days left!! :D
Claudia

I just discovered this stream of discussion, and it is a joy to see how others in the Class of 2014 started discussing this two or more years ago, and the last was Janyay 2013! I expect to be catching up with some of you on the Camino in September 2014.

I might as well state a word on this now, just for the record. I am Camino Don, from Brookyn, New York, across the East River from New York City. Been living in the beautiful Finger Lakes part of Central NY.
My wife Donna and I met in college nearby and will celebrate our 54th anniversary soon befor we head to Spain. She and a friend Jeanne will do a shorter trip to Portugal, and Camino to Santiago, while Gary, the husband and I go from about Astorga to Santiago, about 160 miles. We are starting there since another couple Val and Roy, in Sept 2012, walked from SJPP, and stopped due near there due to shin splints. So, this is a tag team relay and expression of love for our friends.
We have known each other for about 50 years, active in Cursillo, are retired Pastors, engaged each year with NOMADS, in mission work team, and part of mission work in Guatemala. The 4 of us have been together from New Orleans to Death Valley, from Chichicastenango to Christchurch, New Zealand , and Tasmania to Ashville. We have done Zip Lines and Ropes Courses, and now el Camino as Gary will be 76 ,and Donna and I 77. We believe in being physically and mentally active people, walk, bike, and swim and serving others.
After our Camino, we will go to Rome and take a ship to Turkey and Greece for 2 weeks. We consider ourselves born a Pilgrim, living as a Pilgrim and will continue until we are in a Loving Embrace, and part of a Day where there is no Night.
!Buen Camino!

Good evening from Texas!

I will be arriving in St. Jean September 27-28. I am flying into Barcelona and taking the trains to St. Jean. This is my first Camino, and I am going solo (or shall I say starting solo :)).

I hope to find many of you along the way!

updated 7/12.

August 24-zolarose
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 10th
September 11th
J18th
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay, Charlie Mason
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

Good evening from Texas!

I will be arriving in St. Jean September 27-28. I am flying into Barcelona and taking the trains to St. Jean. This is my first Camino, and I am going solo (or shall I say starting solo :)).

I hope to find many of you along the way!
I will be arriving in St. Jean the evening of the 29th or 30th. Have you purchased your flights yet? Training?

Charlie

Hi everyone!

I'm leaving for my first camino on August 10th! I leave Atlanta and will be arriving in Bordeaux on August 11th. I plan to train/possibly bus all day to get to SJPDP by the evening of the 11th and start walking on the 12th. If anyone else will be starting the camino around this time, let me know, I'd love to link up!

Highest and Best!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My plan is to arrive in St. Jean on 22Sept and begin my camino on the 23rd.

Happily I've gone from obsessing over the right gear and over-planning to my current state of "tweaking".

I'm so looking forward to the periods of self-reflection and making new friends.

Buen camino.

I leave for Madrid at Shocking O'Clock tomorrow morning, hope to make it to Roncevalles for the night and starting to walk from there. Excited and somewhat nervous. FSO weight with snacks (cheapie flight) but no water is about 14 lbs. I was hoping for about 10 but had some weight creep :(
Clothes are the problem...I'm large and therefore so are my clothes, and my sleeping bag liner...
OTOH, I've got a 30 litre bag and it seems to be about right. Not a lot of free space for bocadillos though. Mind you, I have my shoes in there atm, hat, fleece, and a few other things I'll actually be wearing when walking.

unfortunately, I had to cut short my Camino after only one day of walking. That day, my dear husband at home was taken seriously ill and I was able to make it home before he passed away.
I have the stone he gave me to put at the Cruz de Ferro for him; one day I will have that chance to do that.

unfortunately, I had to cut short my Camino after only one day of walking. That day, my dear husband at home was taken seriously ill and I was able to make it home before he passed away.
I have the stone he gave me to put at the Cruz de Ferro for him; one day I will have that chance to do that.
I'm so very sad for you. I hope one day soon you will return for your camino and place that stone down for your husband. Xx

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So very sorry for your loss!

I am so sorry for your loss and all that you must be going through. Thank you for coming back to the forum and telling us. I'm not sure why I really feel there is an 'us' because I haven't done a Camino yet, but there is; perhaps once the journey has begun in the heart we are already pilgrims on the journey and there is already a common experience. I'm sure you will be on The Way one day.
Mary

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

What a blessing that you were able to return to him before he passed.

I'm sure your time at the Cruz de Ferro will have a greater meaning to you than most of us.

Prayers for you and your husband.

Hello! I did the Camino del Norte in April this year and I've been meaning to join here for months! The memories are still so fresh in my mind and I miss it every day; the freedom and time to focus on the important things in life was just bliss. Would be great to get in touch with any fellow peregrinos I met along the way.

Phil

Hello! I did the Camino del Norte in April this year and I've been meaning to join here for months! The memories are still so fresh in my mind and I miss it every day; the freedom and time to focus on the important things in life was just bliss. Would be great to get in touch with any fellow peregrinos I met along the way.

Phil
Hi I'm glad you had such a great time. I'm beginning the Norte in just over four weeks and I've really enjoyed being on this forum and reading so much good advice and experiences. It's like the Camino has begun already for me - and it has! Mary

€60,-
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2014?
Buen Camino
Arn

I have been searching the forum for a "Class of 2014" page couldn't find one so I took charge :lol: Ivar , if somehow I missed the 2014 page please feel free to delete this.. but first let me know where it's located. With that said ...

Hi , I am Joe from Springdale Arkansas. Laurie and I are in training for our trek from SJPdP to SdC ,scheduled to leave Sept 2014 for our 35th Wedding Anniversary ( was May but seems Oct has less rain?) . Counting the many days until that time. Walking much up hill & down holler to get our bones tuned up and leg muscles primed.

I want to thank you Ivar for this forum , been lurking here for a few weeks now with just a few postings to test the waters. a Tremendous wealth of information .

Hi Joe --
I'm piggy backing on your post as there is a theme for me -- My husband I will will celebrate our 29th anniversary as we start the walk on 8/19. We will do lots of walking and some bus transport as well as we only have two weeks there. We leave this Fri-- fly from Wash DC to Barcelona, then rent a car to start at SJDP. My husband was a "bicigrino" three years ago, and now we get to do part of El Camino together. I'm so excited -- and also nervous!!

Thanks for this forum -- have learned a lot!!!

Buen Camino-
Mary

Hi Joe --
I'm piggy backing on your post as there is a theme for me -- My husband I will will celebrate our 29th anniversary as we start the walk on 8/19. We will do lots of walking and some bus transport as well as we only have two weeks there. We leave this Fri-- fly from Wash DC to Barcelona, then rent a car to start at SJDP. My husband was a "bicigrino" three years ago, and now we get to do part of El Camino together. I'm so excited -- and also nervous!!

Thanks for this forum -- have learned a lot!!!

Buen Camino-
Mary

Thanks Mary and your Welcome! :) .. I am one month behind you . I wish you the best on your adventure . I agree , its exciting !! :)

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that he didn't suffer. May you find the strength to return and when you do may the experience help you move on. I pray that your visits to the forum help you at this difficult time.

€60,-
Hello From FInland!

Me and my wife are starting from Sarria on 2.9.2014. We are planning to take it slow, as I not exactly a healthy man myself. But I want do this to prove to me and others, that disability doesn't have to stand in your way to fullfill your dreams!

C U on the final stretch!

Buen Camino!

Hello From FInland!

Me and my wife are starting from Sarria on 2.9.2014. We are planning to take it slow, as I not exactly a healthy man myself. But I want do this to prove to me and others, that disability doesn't have to stand in your way to fullfill your dreams!

C U on the final stretch!

Buen Camino!

Welcome and best of luck on your journey.

Buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,
I'll arrive to IrĂşn on 2nd September and starting the Norte next morning. This is going to be my first Camino; right now I'm very much excited and feel mostly prepared, but bit anxious (what am i going to do there?? :D) as well. Hope to see you all!

András

Sleepless in Bayonne. After almost 2 days of travel..here I am in a hotel near the river in Bayonne still nursing jetlag or whatever it is... could be excitement or something. 2 am already and I'm still awake. Looking forward to the train and bus ride to SJPdP later today.
Buen Camino a todos!

Sleepless in Bayonne. After almost 2 days of travel..here I am in a hotel near the river in Bayonne still nursing jetlag or whatever it is... could be excitement or something. 2 am already and I'm still awake. Looking forward to the train and bus ride to SJPdP later today.
Buen Camino a todos!
Buen Camino, take it slow as your excitement may push so slow up look around and enjoy, following in 8 days

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ibis Styles. It's lovely. But the Camino is calling.
Buen Camino!

Well its Monday the 1st here in Oz, tomorrow fly out for France and Train down south the past year has been full of mixed emotions but I will soon be back in SjPP on the 3rd and leave on the 5th.

Well its Monday the 1st here in Oz, tomorrow fly out for France and Train down south the past year has been full of mixed emotions but I will soon be back in SjPP on the 3rd and leave on the 5th.
Hey Trevorcc. What are your flight/travel details? I fly out malaysian tomorrow via kul. Train to Bordeaux from Paris at 12. Doing the same...arrive 2nd start on the 5th.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen Camino a todos!

Buen Camino you two - go beyond, come home safe.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2014?
Buen Camino
Arn

Well Hello,
I can say, that I am! Walking the Portuguese way. Starting around 12.-13. September. Can wait to be on the road.
Buen Camino
Vladka

I've made my first night's reservation at the Corazon Puro Pension in Bizkarreta and will begin walking my camino the morning of Sept 16, heading to Zubiri. Anyone else heading west from there that day? I'll be wearing a wine and grey colored Mammut backpack.

I have a blog at etjcamino.wordpress.com and hope to post there and here daily.

Susan

I've made my first night's reservation at the Corazon Puro Pension in Bizkarreta and will begin walking my camino the morning of Sept 16, heading to Zubiri. Anyone else heading west from there that day? I'll be wearing a wine and grey colored Mammut backpack.

I have a blog at etjcamino.wordpress.com and hope to post there and here daily.

Susan
Hi Susan, we'll be walking thru there on the 14th and will be staying in Zubiri, so if you are fast or we walk really slow, we may meet up. Who knows. I'll be the short one with the purple Osprey Sirrus pack.

Hi Susan, we'll be walking thru there on the 14th and will be staying in Zubiri, so if you are fast or we walk really slow, we may meet up. Who knows. I'll be the short one with the purple Osprey Sirrus pack.
I'll be looking out for you! Even though you will probably be at least 2 days ahead. :)

"Arn had this great idea to start a Class of..."
Hey, what am I talking about?
It's official, I am now a member of this august group of fellow pilgrims walking the Way in October.
There are so many things going on here, that I really need a break and what better fix than walking the Camino. As is often the case, time is tight so I'm going to take a short walk from Sarria.
My plan is to fly into SdC on 1 October, make my way to Sarria and start back 2Oct. I fly out on the 17th so I have plenty of time.
I look forward to meeting my fellow pilgrims and maybe share a cerveza and or vinotinto (why not both).
Saludos,

Arn

"Arn had this great idea to start a Class of..."
Hey, what am I talking about?
It's official, I am now a member of this august group of fellow pilgrims walking the Way in October.
There are so many things going on here, that I really need a break and what better fix than walking the Camino. As is often the case, time is tight so I'm going to take a short walk from Sarria.
My plan is to fly into SdC on 1 October, make my way to Sarria and start back 2Oct. I fly out on the 17th so I have plenty of time.
I look forward to meeting my fellow pilgrims and maybe share a cerveza and or vinotinto (why not both).
Saludos,

Arn

Conveniently leaving town before the serious drinkers make it to SdC...

Hi Packinglight
All the best in your grieving. Be kind to yourself. Glad you could be with hubby. One step at a time.
Mary

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.