• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2015

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen Camino to you and your daughter!

I am planning to start the Camino around October 15th. I can not overstate how much I am looking forward to it.
David

Hi, Class of 2015. I am scanning this thread so I can update a separate thread that lists all the October departures (you can find it HERE). There is a September list HERE.

I found few posts from forum members who mentioned plans for October, including @davidduff, @jennyandjon, @kandmg . If you (or any other!) are still planning for October, just let me know the location and date you expect to start walking, and I will add your name to that other list.

I am planning to leave SJPP around October 14, but can't do any more training until early August as I have a stress fracture that is healing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm planning to walk Apr/May 2015. Hopefully from Lourdes, France. I'm just in the beginning stages of planning.
I was born Catholic but my family left the church when I was 8. I converted to Catholicism this past June, and will make my confirmation on Easter of 2014.
I am SO excited to be planning this trip!
I would love to know about the route you took from Lourdes. I'm planning on going from Lourdes to Pomplona and I'm having trouble finding information on alternate routes.

Just a brief introduction (first post). I'll be doing my first Camino this fall - it's been high on my sabbatical list for several years. I'm not able to take enough time to walk the Frances this time, so am planning on the Primitivo from Ovieda. I'll be starting late September and finishing in early October. feeling nervous about the walk, nervous about what I'll find out about myself, guilty about taking three weeks for myself.
hello, this is first post so not even sure what I am doing (tech fail!) starting 29 september from Leon. highly excited, reassured by the forum posts and need to get off my arse and get walking....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Jules and Buen Camino!

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2015?
Buen Camino
Arn

Hi All,
I would be grateful for advice for a first time walker on the Camino. My Name is Stephen, 45 and from Ireland.
I hope to do the Camino in late September from Sarria to Santiago. I have just enquired with some travel agencies and outside of flights they are looking for figures of €800plus for accommodation.
Walking the Camino has always been a huge life long ambition for me (more like a calling, hard to explain?) and I have the opportunity to possibly do the last 100km in September, but not to sure how to go about this. having discussed this with my wife we feel the kids are of an age where I can now do this.
I have some questions that hopefully you could help me with by answering based on your experiences.
  1. What's the best type of accommodation to book. (I'm not looking for luxury just somewhere safe to lay my head at night) Also Maybe a good choice for the last night in Santiago :)
  2. Do you book the accommodation before travelling or do it on route, or arrive and see what's available?
  3. What type of Accommodation budget should I allow for?
  4. Eating along the route! Is hot food easily accessible?
  5. Any advice on the essentials I should not go without when walking the Camino?:confused:
  6. Should I bring a walking stick? (able bodied but some people have told me it can help with the walking on difficult stretches)
I would be really grateful for any advice you can afford me. I hopefully some day will get to do the full Camino! but for now my kids are of an age whereby me missing for a week is plausible.
Thank you.
Warmest Regards,
Stephen

Hi Stephen!

800 euro sounds WAY over the top for accommodation for a week on the Camino Frances. If you are happy with dormitory youth-hostel style accommodation there are plenty of municipal albergues for 6 euro per night. In late September there should be no huge demand for space. Single rooms in private accommodation would be more but I'd be thinking more in the 25-40 euro per night range at the low end. Given the huge number of people walking that final 100km there is now a huge infrastructure to support them.

You cannot book public albergues in advance. If that worries you then go private. But that should not be necessary in late September. Personally I would wing it.

Lots of bars and restaurants along the way. Meal times are later than in Ireland and the UK. The cheapest option for a substantial meal is the lunchtime menu del dia. Usually three courses, bread and a drink (sometimes a whole bottle of wine) at anything from around 8 euro upwards. Anything above 15 euro is posh!

I always walk with a stick of some sort. If you fly out with just cabin baggage you may not be allowed to take trekking poles. For my last two trips I've just bought a broom handle in a ferreteria (great Spanish word!), shoved a rubber ferrule on the bottom and drilled a hole at the top for a loop of cord. Gives the proper medieval look.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi All,
I would be grateful for advice for a first time walker on the Camino. My Name is Stephen, 45 and from Ireland.
I hope to do the Camino in late September from Sarria to Santiago. I have just enquired with some travel agencies and outside of flights they are looking for figures of €800plus for accommodation.
Walking the Camino has always been a huge life long ambition for me (more like a calling, hard to explain?) and I have the opportunity to possibly do the last 100km in September, but not to sure how to go about this. having discussed this with my wife we feel the kids are of an age where I can now do this.
I have some questions that hopefully you could help me with by answering based on your experiences.
  1. What's the best type of accommodation to book. (I'm not looking for luxury just somewhere safe to lay my head at night) Also Maybe a good choice for the last night in Santiago :)
  2. Do you book the accommodation before travelling or do it on route, or arrive and see what's available?
  3. What type of Accommodation budget should I allow for?
  4. Eating along the route! Is hot food easily accessible?
  5. Any advice on the essentials I should not go without when walking the Camino?:confused:
  6. Should I bring a walking stick? (able bodied but some people have told me it can help with the walking on difficult
I would be really grateful for any advice you can afford me. I hopefully some day will get to do the full Camino! but for now my kids are of an age whereby me missing for a week is plausible.
Thank you.
Warmest Regards,
Stephen
Hi Stephen, you can stay in albergues for about €8,- till €11,- , or you can stay in hostals €25,- till about €45,- .Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Thank you BRADYPUS The information has been really helpful and will make a huge difference to my planning knowing all this. I really appreciate your detailed feedback.
Kindest Regards,
Stephen
Hi Stephen!

800 euro sounds WAY over the top for accommodation for a week on the Camino Frances. If you are happy with dormitory youth-hostel style accommodation there are plenty of municipal albergues for 6 euro per night. In late September there should be no huge demand for space. Single rooms in private accommodation would be more but I'd be thinking more in the 25-40 euro per night range at the low end. Given the huge number of people walking that final 100km there is now a huge infrastructure to support them.

You cannot book public albergues in advance. If that worries you then go private. But that should not be necessary in late September. Personally I would wing it.

Lots of bars and restaurants along the way. Meal times are later than in Ireland and the UK. The cheapest option for a substantial meal is the lunchtime menu del dia. Usually three courses, bread and a drink (sometimes a whole bottle of wine) at anything from around 8 euro upwards. Anything above 15 euro is posh!

I always walk with a stick of some sort. If you fly out with just cabin baggage you may not be allowed to take trekking poles. For my last two trips I've just bought a broom handle in a ferreteria (great Spanish word!), shoved a rubber ferrule on the bottom and drilled a hole at the top for a loop of cord. Gives the proper medieval look.

Buen Camino!
THANK YOU B
Hi Stephen!

Buen Camino!
thank

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Stephen, you can stay in albergues for about €8,- till €11,- , or you can stay in hostals €25,- till about €45,- .Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you Peter!:)

My husband and I plan to walk August -September - October 2015. We are planning 6 weeks. (Starting in SJPP)
** any feedback on the best 'typical' weather time to start?
** nit being the most athletic person, any suggestions on when and how to best train for this?
Any feedback would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

My 22 year old just finished and returned with a severe knee issue. Had the MRI, she's on crutches and with begin PT soon. She still had a wonderful time but has not processed it all so I haven't heard much yet. End of her trip, she was robbed in Madrid. This has not jaded her ... She just realizes she needs to be more observant!

• Buen Camino
Cathy

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum
We are heading out on August 26 from SJPP. Perhaps we will meet along the way.

Just a brief introduction (first post). I'll be doing my first Camino this fall - it's been high on my sabbatical list for several years. I'm not able to take enough time to walk the Frances this time, so am planning on the Primitivo from Ovieda. I'll be starting late September and finishing in early October. feeling nervous about the walk, nervous about what I'll find out about myself, guilty about taking three weeks for myself.
Hi David and welcome to this wonderful forum. I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Buen Camino
Arn

Hello All,
I do not have my flight yet so it's not 100% but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be heading to SJPP last week of September. I've in Austin, Texas. The idea came out of the blue July 5th (yep less than two weeks ago) Which happened to be the one year anniversary of my sister Teresa's death. So I'm thinking maybe she's giving me a nudge??? I got on the eliptical with some hiking shoes I bought in Sedona last year and walked for an hour to see how I feel.
This morning two of my daughters went with me to the greenbelt in austin to do a one hour hike, they in their shorts and sandals, me in long pants, safara hat, backpack and hiking books (two pairs of socks). I looked like an idiot but this was my official beginning of preparation.

As of yesterday, again out of the blue, my 24 year old daughter (I have four) asked if she could come. I was kind of looking forward to going alone, but now I see it will be a once in a lifetime kind of trip for the two of us and it will be nice to share it with someone.

So again neither of us have committed 100% yet but leaning that way. I am considering flying out from Austin around September 22 or so. I had to postpone it to late september as I have a couple of high school friends who had been planning a weekend reunion the weekend before and I can't cancel on them. Anyway my initial layout for the trip (taking recommendation from one of the guide books and slowing it down) is allowing 45+ days. If we get done earlier maybe we'd consider finnestere or muxio (spelling?)

If anyone out there is considering this time frame speak up as it would be fun to find people we can sell hello to along the way.

celeste

Welcome Celeste and Buen Camino! I will be about 2 weeks ahead of you.

You'll probably still be on the camino when we start albeit far ahead. Are you taking a rain poncho or rain jacket and pants? I'm told we'll be in the rainy season and can't figure out which way to go.

Have you already made your flight/train arrangements? Would you mind sharing how you decided to get to SJPP?
Thanks and Buen Camino right back at ya!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Would you mind sharing how you decided to get to SJPP?
Thanks and Buen Camino right back at ya!
For lots of tips/advice on how to travel to SJPdP see this comprehensive Forum topic. I usually have taken the night sleeper from Paris/Austerlitz to Bayonne and then the local TER train to SJPdP.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Hi

Ian just new to this. I am leaning in Paris on the 20 th of July. Soon soon. I wil be looking for friends to hike with by the 23rd ish.. Hope to see you and enjoy this wonderful adventure..I live in Guelph Ontario can. Solo traveller

You'll probably still be on the camino when we start albeit far ahead. Are you taking a rain poncho or rain jacket and pants? I'm told we'll be in the rainy season and can't figure out which way to go.

I have tried both and my preference is rain pants and jacket. Many other people prefer the poncho. Rain pants and jacket tend to be warmer so you may get wet from perspiration if it is warm and for me a poncho blows around in the wind too much, lets rain blow in from the bottom, and leaves my legs wet. I just find a poncho too difficult to deal with and would rather deal the the heat/perspiration from the pants and jacket. Good luck with your decision.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have tried both and my preference is rain pants and jacket. Many other people prefer the poncho. Rain pants and jacket tend to be warmer so you may get wet from perspiration if it is warm and for me a poncho blows around in the wind too much, lets rain blow in from the bottom, and leaves my legs wet. I just find a poncho too difficult to deal with and would rather deal the the heat/perspiration from the pants and jacket. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks so much for input!

For lots of tips/advice on how to travel to SJPdP see this comprehensive Forum topic. I usually have taken the night sleeper from Paris/Austerlitz to Bayonne and then the local TER train to SJPdP.

Happy planning and Buen camino!
Thanks!
As far as I can tell the train isnt working between bayonne and SJPP due to construction. So I'm thinking i have to take a train from bayonne to biarittz and then a local bus to SJPP. At least right now that is what it appears. Unless anyone who's gone recently can confirm train is up and running again???

Hi

Ian just new to this. I am leaning in Paris on the 20 th of July. Soon soon. I wil be looking for friends to hike with by the 23rd ish.. Hope to see you and enjoy this wonderful adventure..I live in Guelph Ontario can. Solo traveller

First time for me too. 3 more sleeps until I get the train from London to Paris and then St Jean. Travelling solo until Sarria. Hope to say hello in person sometime soon!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks!
As far as I can tell the train isnt working between bayonne and SJPP due to construction. So I'm thinking i have to take a train from bayonne to biarittz and then a local bus to SJPP. At least right now that is what it appears. Unless anyone who's gone recently can confirm train is up and running again???
The local TER train, line 62, is not now running all the way between Bayonne and SJPdP. However there is a train/bus combo provided from the Bayonne rail station via Cambo les Bains to SJPdP. Hence, no need to go to Biarritz. See SNCF/Aquitaine for times. This combo service will run at least through mid October 2015.

Last edited:
Leaving on 8/8 from ROncevalles to Santiago with three of my brothers!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well the time has finally come when the number on my Camino countdown is under 40 days. I am very excited to join the class of 2015. After walking the Camino Francis and completing the loop to Muxia and Finisterre last fall, I am happy to be counting down the days to Sept 5th when I start the Camino del Norte. I plan on walking to Oviedo and then taking the San Salvadore route down to Leon ( I know it is not advised to walk north to south on this route) but the views looks stunning, the solitude inviting and I have a guidebook and a good spanish road map. I plan to meet fellow pilgrims in Leon who I walked the CF with last year (Yes, they are walking again this year!) If the weather is bad along the coast or I need the companionship of my friends, I will stay on the CF from Leon to Santiago. If the Norte route is all that I hope the challenge to be, I will take a bus back up to Oviedo and continue on the costal route. I've chatted with a few pilgrims that are sharing my time frame and look forward to meeting more. :)

Buen Camino Jessica!

Well the time has finally come when the number on my Camino countdown is under 40 days. I am very excited to join the class of 2015. After walking the Camino Francis and completing the loop to Muxia and Finisterre last fall, I am happy to be counting down the days to Sept 5th when I start the Camino del Norte. I plan on walking to Oviedo and then taking the San Salvadore route down to Leon ( I know it is not advised to walk north to south on this route) but the views looks stunning, the solitude inviting and I have a guidebook and a good spanish road map. I plan to meet fellow pilgrims in Leon who I walked the CF with last year (Yes, they are walking again this year!) If the weather is bad along the coast or I need the companionship of my friends, I will stay on the CF from Leon to Santiago. If the Norte route is all that I hope the challenge to be, I will take a bus back up to Oviedo and continue on the costal route. I've chatted with a few pilgrims that are sharing my time frame and look forward to meeting more. :)
Hi Jessica, you will meet lots of other pilgrims on your journey. And making friends for live. I wish you a great experience and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi

Hi, mabe you are already on your way. Anyway I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino
Arn
I am taking the Portuguese route the summer of 2015

The local TER train, line 62, is not now running all the way between Bayonne and SJPdP. However there is a train/bus combo provided from the Bayonne rail station via Cambo les Bains to SJPdP. Hence, no need to go to Biarritz. See SNCF/Aquitaine for times. This combo service will run at least through mid October 2015.
Great I'll check it out! thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola starting my Camino 14th August 2015 from SJPP, trepidation, terrors, tremors , the lot but mucho excited as well, as a btw am landing Dublin Biarritz on the 13th,and as the train is cancelled would love to share a taxi with 3 people with similar destination if anyone interested?:)
If the train is cancelled there should be a bus running from the same station at about the same times.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.
Sorry, just noticed the post about strikes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm totally with you on the trepidation, terrors and tremors. my daughter and i did a six mile hike this week and she got stung by wasp and was wearing new boots and we got lost...needless to say i was questioning how we were going to handle 500 miles!! But after a few days rest and a four mile hike this morning we're both feeling a bit better about things. i figure if i wait until i'm really ready i may never make it. we're heading out the 24th of September so can't help you with the taxi and hope the strike issue is done by then.
Buen camino!

Buen Camino
Arn
Hello my name is Rita and I am walking part of the Camino from Ponfederra to Santiago along with 3 friends namely Joan Marie Sheila (who is flying home to Ireland from America to join us) and my sister Maureen. We start on 1st September this year. (2015)

Hola starting my Camino 14th August 2015 from SJPP, trepidation, terrors, tremors , the lot but mucho excited as well, as a btw am landing Dublin Biarritz on the 13th,and as the train is cancelled would love to share a taxi with 3 people with similar destination if anyone interested?:)
Hi, can't help you with the taxi sharing thing but I can wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello my name is Rita and I am walking part of the Camino from Ponfederra to Santiago along with 3 friends namely Joan Marie Sheila (who is flying home to Ireland from America to join us) and my sister Maureen. We start on 1st September this year. (2015)
Hi Rita, wish you all a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Welcome lori and Buen Camino! I will be 5 days behind you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi fellow pilgrims! I'm a Canadian (Vancouver) living in the states now (Phoenix). I'm booked to begin my 'solo' Camino Frances on Sept 2 from SJPP. Looking forward to meeting many of you Class of 2015-ers on the trail! Buen camino and here's to walking blister free! :) xo
Hi Lori, you will meeting many pilgrims along your Camino. Some times even more than than you probely like. You will have a great time and I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Buen Camino
Arn
I am Skip Barnhart, 70 years young and a proud member of the class of 2015. My departure date from Portland Oregon is August 30, arriving in Paris on the morning of the 31st. Have a late arriving flight( into Biarritz that evening, 8:55pm) and a reservation in SJPdP that evening. Anyone in that same boat interested in sharing a cab up to St Jean that night? Skipbarnhart@live.com.

Buen Camino

Buen Camino

Welcome Skip and Buen Camino! I will be one week behind you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am Skip Barnhart, 70 years young and a proud member of the class of 2015. My departure date from Portland Oregon is August 30, arriving in Paris on the morning of the 31st. Have a late arriving flight( into Biarritz that evening, 8:55pm) and a reservation in SJPdP that evening. Anyone in that same boat interested in sharing a cab up to St Jean that night? Skipbarnhart@live.com.

Buen Camino

Buen Camino
Hi Skip, you will have a great time and meeting lots off interesting people along the way.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Class 2015!
I will be on Camino Portugués begin september and hope to visit Santiago by the end of the month.
I already walked about 4600 km on caminos which means that this walk would allow me to reach the 5000 km landmark :)

Via podiensis->Camino Frances->Camino de Fisterra (2011) = 1607 km in 62 days (about 25 km/day)
Via de la plata->Camino sanabrès (2012) = 969 km in 31 days (about 30 km/day)
Shikoku O Henro (2013) = 1200 km in 40 days (about 30 km/day)
Camino del Norte (2014) = 870 km in 29 days from Bayonne (about 30 km/day)

Camino Portugués from Cabo de São Vicente (2015) = 897 km in 28 days

Via Tolosana from Arles (2016)=755 km in 29 days

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow, I hope to add my name to the class 2015 soon. I will be starting in SJPDP on September 8th and will finish sometime early October. I noticed September is a popular option thus hope to have many friends to walk with. Coming from South Florida, I hope my training has been adequate without 'mountain trails'. I'm going solo and look forward to visiting the land of my ancestors (Spanish ancestry). Buen Camino!

Class 2015!
I will be on Camino Portugués begin september and hope to visit Santiago by the end of the month.
I already walked about 4600 km on caminos which means that this walk would allow me to reach the 5000 km landmark :)

Via podiensis->Camino Frances->Camino de Fisterra (2011) = 1607 km in 62 days (about 25 km/day)
Via de la plata->Camino sanabrès (2012) = 969 km in 31 days (about 30 km/day)
Shikoku O Henro (2013) = 1200 km in 40 days (about 30 km/day)
Camino del Norte (2014) = 870 km in 29 days (about 30 km/day)

Camino Portugués from Lisbon (2015) = 600 km (we'll see, I'm not in a hurry ...)
Hi, and welcome back on the Camino. I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Wow, I hope to add my name to the class 2015 soon. I will be starting in SJPDP on September 8th and will finish sometime early October. I noticed September is a popular option thus hope to have many friends to walk with. Coming from South Florida, I hope my training has been adequate without 'mountain trails'. I'm going solo and look forward to visiting the land of my ancestors (Spanish ancestry). Buen Camino!
Hello , you don't have any problem what so ever to meet other pilgrims. You will make new friendships along the way.
Begin your first day's a little slower and after that go a bit faster thil you find it comfortabel.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello All,
I do not have my flight yet so it's not 100% but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be heading to SJPP last week of September. I've in Austin, Texas. The idea came out of the blue July 5th (yep less than two weeks ago) Which happened to be the one year anniversary of my sister Teresa's death. So I'm thinking maybe she's giving me a nudge??? I got on the eliptical with some hiking shoes I bought in Sedona last year and walked for an hour to see how I feel.
This morning two of my daughters went with me to the greenbelt in austin to do a one hour hike, they in their shorts and sandals, me in long pants, safara hat, backpack and hiking books (two pairs of socks). I looked like an idiot but this was my official beginning of preparation.

As of yesterday, again out of the blue, my 24 year old daughter (I have four) asked if she could come. I was kind of looking forward to going alone, but now I see it will be a once in a lifetime kind of trip for the two of us and it will be nice to share it with someone.

So again neither of us have committed 100% yet but leaning that way. I am considering flying out from Austin around September 22 or so. I had to postpone it to late september as I have a couple of high school friends who had been planning a weekend reunion the weekend before and I can't cancel on them. Anyway my initial layout for the trip (taking recommendation from one of the guide books and slowing it down) is allowing 45+ days. If we get done earlier maybe we'd consider finnestere or muxio (spelling?)

If anyone out there is considering this time frame speak up as it would be fun to find people we can sell hello to along the way.

celeste
Celeste, I took my fully loaded pack out on our local walking trail today for the first time too (and felt like I looked like an idiot too). People don't seem to know what to make of it, but they keep it to themselves, happily. How wonderful to be able to do this with your daughter! I'll be ahead by at least a week, but wish you and your daughter a Buen Camino!

Hello all--I'm in the CP class of 2015 from Alaska to wander the coast of Portugal out of Porto then cut into the central route whenever I'm ready. On to SDC for a few days of rest before heading out to Finisterre and Muxia.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well it took me many years to get myself out onto the Camino but after a great walk from Pamplona
in March / April this year I'm going back again. On Sep 28th I've got eleven days of
walking to get from Porto to SdC. Going to try and relax this time and walk longer hours each
day but at a slower pace.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Hello all--I'm in the CP class of 2015 from Alaska to wander the coast of Portugal out of Porto then cut into the central route whenever I'm ready. On to SDC for a few days of rest before heading out to Finisterre and Muxia.
Hello, have a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello fellow pilgrim! I will be trekking from Tomar in September, when will you be traveling

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My daughter and I are planning an early September 2015 trek. First read about the Camino about 5 yrs ago, and I heard at first a whisper, now it has grown into a full blown calling! I've been following blogs and taking notes. Not quite sure if I will be booking through an agency which pre-arranges the accommodations or just going with the flow. I guess I have 2 yrs to research into it.
My son and I are walking together! We fly out of Vancouver B.C.September 9 heading for Paris then train to SJPdP. So excited to finally be going after years of longing!

Buen Camino
Arn

Hi all! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday by answering the call to be a pilgrim on the Way. What better way to enter this next part of my life? I will be joined by my recent college graduate son, Nicholas. Getting so excited, like I felt when I was a child and Christmas couldn't come soon enough!

I am planning a solo CF beginning in September 2015.

Will likely fly into Madrid, bus or train to Pamplona and on to SJPP.

Will be 70 then, retired, I live in the USA Pacfic Northwest, Olympic Peninsula along Hood Canal.

Hoping for a stressful, mellow 40 day (or thereabouts) trip, starting slow and multiple rest days.

Plan on mostly albergues and good food.

See my separate post seeking fellow travelers for that time frame and plan.

Anyone in my area, please contact me.

I have access to a beautiful timber property with miles of logging roads, perfect for CF training.

Hope to meet many of you on the CF
I am in Bellingham, not too far from you. Leaving from Vancouver BC September 9 and will take 7 weeks. When do you leave?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Add me to the Class of 2015 please. Flying Frankfurt to Madrid, then Pamplona on 21 Sept. and will begin my Camino the next day. Hope to make it all the way to Finesterra by the end of Oct. cause my flight back to Frankfurt is from Madrid on 31 Oct.
Tried to make a reservation at the Jesus y Maria Albergue in Pamplona, but they don't take reservations. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a lower bunk bed for me. Just turned 60 this month and would rather not climb ladders to upper bunks.

Really looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims on this loooong walk. Excited, nervous, and a bit anxious, for this amazing adventure.
Jo

Buen Camino

Hello fellow pilgrim! I will be trekking from Tomar in September, when will you be traveling
Hi,
hello, this is first post so not even sure what I am doing (tech fail!) starting 29 september from Leon. highly excited, reassured by the forum posts and need to get off my arse and get walking....
Hi Jules, to be excited is normal but that feeling will be gone when you begin your journey. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Add me to the Class of 2015 please. Flying Frankfurt to Madrid, then Pamplona on 21 Sept. and will begin my Camino the next day. Hope to make it all the way to Finesterra by the end of Oct. cause my flight back to Frankfurt is from Madrid on 31 Oct.
Tried to make a reservation at the Jesus y Maria Albergue in Pamplona, but they don't take reservations. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a lower bunk bed for me. Just turned 60 this month and would rather not climb ladders to upper bunks.

Really looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims on this loooong walk. Excited, nervous, and a bit anxious, for this amazing adventure.
Jo

Buen Camino
Hi Jo, you will meet lots of other pilgrims along your journey and sometimes mabe more than you want. You don’t have to be nervous, you will do fine.

I am Kim MacMillan from the small city of Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada. I'm 66 and have been feeling drawn to a Camino pilgrimage (solo) for a few years now. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning (Sept 15) and arriving via a multi-stage route in Roncesvalles to start walking on Sept 18th. My wife, Susan, will be joining me in Sarria for the last week. Now, have I got all I need...hmmm...better check the list again...hmmm...have I got too much....hmmmm. What fun! See you there.

I am Kim MacMillan from the small city of Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada. I'm 66 and have been feeling drawn to a Camino pilgrimage (solo) for a few years now. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning (Sept 15) and arriving via a multi-stage route in Roncesvalles to start walking on Sept 18th. My wife, Susan, will be joining me in Sarria for the last week. Now, have I got all I need...hmmm...better check the list again...hmmm...have I got too much....hmmmm. What fun! See you there.
Hi Kim, almost at the begin of a great journey. Have fun and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino
Arn

Hello! I will be walking my first Camino in October 2015 from Porto to Santiago on the central route. Never having traveled to Europe, I chose this route simply because I love the sound of Portugese (but don't speak it :~/) and due to the time of year was thinking that the weather might be nice still (at least some times!) on this route. I would love any tips about gear, what to see or where to stay that anyone who has done this route would like to offer up. I have plenty of time (1 month) and so plan to enjoy each step of the way. Thank you and thanks for this forum! AnaR

Hello! I will be walking my first Camino in October 2015 from Porto to Santiago on the central route. Never having traveled to Europe, I chose this route simply because I love the sound of Portugese (but don't speak it :~/) and due to the time of year was thinking that the weather might be nice still (at least some times!) on this route. I would love any tips about gear, what to see or where to stay that anyone who has done this route would like to offer up. I have plenty of time (1 month) and so plan to enjoy each step of the way. Thank you and thanks for this forum! AnaR
Hi Ana, can't help you with tips on your journey from Porto to Santiago.
My wife and I will walk from Porto to Santiago next year. But on this forum you can find / ask everything you want to know.

Thank you for your reply Peter! Now I know that I have at least posted this correctly ( i'm a bit of a techno-saur). I will start to post more specific questions soon. I am starting from Porto on October 8th. It is very helpful reading other people's posts!

I write from Barcelos where I was meant to start my Camino Portugues (and my first Camino! ) tomorrow. This bad weather is pushing my further north though so my plan is now to get the train to Valenca and start from there in a couple of days. Buen Camino Class of 2015!

I write from Barcelos where I was meant to start my Camino Portugues (and my first Camino! ) tomorrow. This bad weather is pushing my further north though so my plan is now to get the train to Valenca and start from there in a couple of days. Buen Camino Class of 2015!
Hello Una, sorry about the bad weather.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Buen Camino
Arn
Hello,
I started my Camino in Holland on January 15th 2015 and arrived at Finisterre on may 21. So i think i belong in the class of 2015 :)

Hello,
I started my Camino in Holland on January 15th 2015 and arrived at Finisterre on may 21. So i think i belong in the class of 2015 :)
Hij John, concratulations with finishing your journey. I finish work in 2018 and in 2018 / 2019 I will walk the Camino from my home in Holland aswell. For the coming years I will walk every year a different Camino.
As a fellow Dutchman I wish you well, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hola :)

my name is robert (but that was taken, so i'm 'trebor' here!), and i arrive in lourdes on friday the 16th of october 2015

i will be walking -slowly- to Cape Finisterre (https://goo.gl/maps/fU6DMntgws32)

ideally i wanted to start a month ago, but stuff got in the way :-/

ok, intro over, i now have a few question!
• please can somebody tell me where to stay for a few days in lourdes at the backpackery type place (think super low cost!)
• where i buy a pilgrim's passport in lourdes?
and
• if i need to take a sleeping bag, or do the pilgrim hostels en route include bedding?

thanks for any and all tips'n'tricks

over ...

r, err, t

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum! It would be best for you to start a new thread in the “The Piemont Route” section (in “Routes in France”), as very few people will see your queries here. Jill

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum! It would be best for you to start a new thread in the “The Piemont Route” section (in “Routes in France”), as very few people will see your queries here. Jill

D'oh! thanks for that jill :)
really appreciate your guidance

i found this forum *so* cluttered that in the end, out of sheer desperation, i simply wanted to post something somewhere!

have deleted and will repost as advised
thanks again and ciao for now

r/t

ps: i loved SA ...spend 3 months there in '86!

D'oh! thanks for that jill :)
really appreciate your guidance

i found this forum *so* cluttered that in the end, out of sheer desperation, i simply wanted to post something somewhere!

have deleted and will repost as advised
thanks again and ciao for now

r/t

ps: i loved SA ...spend 3 months there in '86!
Hi, wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino
Arn
I am currently on my second Camino, Started in Roncesvalles, walked to Burgos. Time constraints necessitated skipping the meseta, so bus to Leon. I have to stop my walk here in Murias, returning home to Baltimore for the birth of first grandaughter. Will return and pick up where I left off. Pilgrims passing through Murias de Rechivaldo and wish to enjoy a pleasant overnight accommodation should stay at the B&B La Veleta, you will be in the care of Dorie, the innkeeper par excellent. Can not wait to return. Buen Camino.

Hello fellow pilgrims.
I'm going to do the Camino Francés again. I start the December 12th in the morning. From my house in Zizur to Santiago. Can't wait.
Saludos. Mikel.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congratulations Jim! Somehow I missed you on the Way. I left SJPdP Sept 7th and arrived Santiago October 4th so we were on the trail the same time.

sorry we missed paths...i was going to walk the way with no bookings. no bikinis, no back pack transferral......i walked i found see towns off the breirley book....good friends...worldwide access...conversations....

OH Class of 2015. How exciting it was planning the first one. And great to see so many of the first timers, now with their Avatars full of completed walks.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.