• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2016

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2016?
Buen Camino
Arn

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning my Camino for mid September-mid October 2016. I will be walking with my adult daughter. My purpose is to learn to become a "twinless twin" I lost my identical twin 4 years ago and it is time let her go and be on her new journey, while I complete my earthly journey and learn to be just me. I am a Registered Nurse and will make sure I carry a good first aid kit so I can help out when needed. (I'll probably be the one needing the first aid):p

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am planning my Camino for mid September-mid October 2016. I will be walking with my adult daughter. My purpose is to learn to become a "twinless twin" I lost my identical twin 4 years ago and it is time let her go and be on her new journey, while I complete my earthly journey and learn to be just me. I am a Registered Nurse and will make sure I carry a good first aid kit so I can help out when needed. (I'll probably be the one needing the first aid):p
Hi, you will do just fine. Keep listening to your body.
Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Buen Camino
Arn

My husband and I are making our second Camino in June 2016. Walking from Porto to Santiago. Initially along the coast to A Guarda, then inland to meet friends in Tui and north from there. Hoping we bump into some of you out there! Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My husband and I are making our second Camino in June 2016. Walking from Porto to Santiago. Initially along the coast to A Guarda, then inland to meet friends in Tui and north from there. Hoping we bump into some of you out there! Buen Camino!
Hi Sheena, my wife and I will also walk from Porto to Santiago .We will walk in September.
I wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Four long-time girlfriends and I will walk the Camino from late May through June 2016. We've planned for this for a long time and the excitement is building! Leaving SJPP May 27, 2016!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Four long-time girlfriends and I will walk the Camino from late May through June 2016. We've planned for this for a long time and the excitement is building! Leaving SJPP May 27, 2016!
Hi Jeannie's Journeys :)

you move five days behind me, probably you will catch me about Leon because I walk slowly.

OK, in Leon I pay for wine :cool:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A good friend and I plan to walk in June-July 2016. She's a guilty Catholic and I am an atheist and we are both 60-something widows. It's perfect. I backpacked around the world when I was in my 20's so am at least aware of what hardships might ensue. Even so, I came up with 14 reasons why I should not attempt this trek -- and 14 solutions. If my knees hold out I think I can make it.
Hi Angus ,here looking forward to my late June Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de port ,even though I walked to Santiago in 2012,I'm still full of the excitement of the journey to come.There's not a day goes by I'm not thinking of what's to come,planning and preparing for the trip. To all pilgrims Burn Camino.
Buen Camino
Arn

I truly believe your long-time friendship with your girlfriends will receive a boost beyond any good wishes you ever had for each other.

Love the idea of you five walking together.

Buckle your belts for a roller-coaster of shared emotions.

Buen Camino

Well, I bought my plane ticket so I guess it's official.

God willing, I'll be starting on the Camino in St. Jean on September 8th of 2016. For me it is a combination religious pilgrimage/mid-life crisis activity. Some guys buy a Corvette, I'm walking 500 miles to church...

Also, started a trail journal on the TrailJournals long-distance hiking site. It will be a good way to post updates to family and friends along the way: http://www.trailjournals.com/DeaconJason/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Congrats Deacon Jason, I will be starting about the same time. I have not look at getting my ticket yet, as you mentioned that makes it official.

Buen Camino

@Misfitter good to hear, the excitement mounts for you! You'd be welcome at the pilgrims in Sydney meetings (there is one next week) if you want to meet a few of us before you leave - see the Australia and New Zealand section at the end of the forum.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you @Kanga I would love to come to a meeting. It may not be until next year though .Thanks for letting me know, I had not found that section of the forum.
I look forward to meeting you and others that have already done one or many Camino(s). I am sure I will have plenty of questions for you.

Hi,
I plan to leave SJPP in the first week of June 2016 and finish in SdC in early July. If I am in good shape when I finish I would then like to go onto Finisterre. My ticket is not booked so it is not official yet. But it will be in January :).
Aidan

Hi,
I plan to leave SJPP in the first week of June 2016 and finish in SdC in early July. If I am in good shape when I finish I would then like to go onto Finisterre. My ticket is not booked so it is not official yet. But it will be in January :).
Aidan
Hi Aidan, the walk up to Finisterre is very nice. My wife and I did it last year. I can recommend it.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello, I will be starting my first Camino in the first week of May 2016. Planning on taking 30+ days and then walking to Muxia. Can't wait to get on my flight out of Sydney and begin my journey. I hope to see some of you along the way.
Hello, you will meet members of our forum family.
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Planning on walking our 2nd Camino (Frances) around 23rd of August 2016. I will be walking with my husband and my adult son. I can hardly wait. Even though the path will be the same, the experience will be different. The Camino has a way of always surprising you. A proud member of the class of 2016. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Hi Aidan, the walk up to Finisterre is very nice. My wife and I did it last year. I can recommend it.
Thanks Peter, Yes I want to stand at the 0.0 Km marker at look out onto the wild Atlantic, sense the wind and the sunshine and feel that I have accomplished one of greatest experiences of my life. Where else to end my Camino but at the 'end of the earth'.
Aidan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Peter, Yes I want to stand at the 0.0 Km marker at look out onto the wild Atlantic, sense the wind and the sunshine and feel that I have accomplished one of greatest experiences of my life. Where else to end my Camino but at the 'end of the earth'.
Aidan
Hi Aidan , here is the 0,0 km. marker.
Wish you well, Peter.

Attachments

• 20140527_111300.jpg
    20140527_111300.jpg
    943.3 KB · Views: 8
My wife and I will be at el camino June 2016. Look forward to be there and hear from others attending during this time.
Hoping to arrive on June 25 in st jean pied de port and begin walk on the 26th our path might cross along the way,I'm the dour faced Scotsman,enjoy every minute of your camino and soak it in like a sponge Buen Camino Angus .

Another one who can say 'It's official'. Booked my flights today departing Perth April 11, arrive SJPP April 12/13 and plan to start walking on the 14th. 162 days to departure, can't wait! I have given myself six weeks on the ground and hope to go through to Finesterre. If all goes well and I have time left over I can enjoy a few days in Madrid before heading home.

€46,-
Having walked SJPDP to Santiago April-May 2015, I was hooked and almost immediately started planning my return in April 2016. Flight booked well in advance to secure a fantastic discount, researching the lightest kit and gear, planning, planning, more planning. So, nothing has really changed, however I'm now flying London to Lourdes on 30 March 2016, spending a couple of days and then catching the train to Le Puy en Velay. So, that's the difference from the original plan: I'm walking 01 April 2016 out of Le Puy en Velay, heading for SJPDP, then onto Santiago. Due to my very severe psoriasis I shall probably be sleeping outside where-ever possible (I've a Snugpak Stratosphere Bivvy), basically because my constant itching and scratching at night can be worse than snoring! I expect I shall be on the trail pretty much till end August. Looking forward to seeing Serge (the one who does litter-picking) along the way, maybe Dan McCarthy if he's on the trail again ... it's going to be twice the distance I did last time!

@Les Ross did you use your Snugpak on Camino in April-May on the Frances? We tried a tent on the Norte but found very few places to use it.

I didn't camp at all during my April-May 2015 camino. I'm going to use the snugpack stratosphere, which is a hooped bivvy bag, from April 2016 because sleeping in Albergues will be very awkward due to the severity of my psoriasis. I think that the advantage of using a bivvy bag, rather than a tent, is that the footprint is a lot smaller, it's particularly quick and easy to discreetly pitch just about anywhere if needs must, it won't be quite like camping, more like rough sleeping.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If your starting in April, May or June 2016 on the CF and would like to have me add your name and starting place to the calendar(link below) let me know . If your unsure of your start date I will add your name to the "unsure" list . This exercise will help you meet others that are going to be on the Camino Frances on or near the date your going. I'm leaving from Los Arcos on a day TBD in May .
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/may-june-2016-peregrinos-camino-frances.36410/
I will be starting in SJPP on May 18th next year.

Hi, flights not booked yet but I am planning to start my second crack at the Camino Frances from SJPdP in the first week of April, 2016. Hoping to walk on to Finisterre and Muxia also.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Peter, since you walked the Norte at same time I'm planning to walk my what is suggestion about clothing?

Thanks
Zzotte

Buen Camino
Arn

Well, I might as well commit now, with the rest of you. Not sure where or when, but I will walk again (yet again) next year, either in the spring or in the fall, probably on the Camino Frances from Burgos to Leon? or to Santiago? or to Finisterre?, or possibly on a different Camino with a Camino friend, and probably also work another two weeks somewhere as a hospitalera. Despite all those uncertainties, I will return to walk in 2016.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Buen Camino
Arn
I'm new here. I lived in Australia since I was young but am a Dutch national. I'm planning to walk the (Frances) Camino around April - May 2016. I know it's Spring but some say that it is usually fairly wet then. I'd better check out how this forum works before I start ranting. I did visit Santiago de Compostela two months ago for a few days to check out the finishing point - very inspiring.

I'm new here. I lived in Australia since I was young but am a Dutch national. I'm planning to walk the (Frances) Camino around April - May 2016. I know it's Spring but some say that it is usually fairly wet then. I'd better check out how this forum works before I start ranting. I did visit Santiago de Compostela two months ago for a few days to check out the finishing point - very inspiring.
Hi Robert, welcome to this wonderful forum. April / May is a nice periode off the year to walk. I walked this year in April / May and I had only 1 day rain.
And for the rest it was great.

Wish you well , Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just bought a plane ticket from Philly to Paris! Leaving from home May 10, plan to start at SJPP on May 12. Current obsession: reading about gear.
I hear you!! I don't go until September 2016 and I am already getting my gear together and putting it into my pack, just to keep it together. I will then go through things closer to my actual trip. Do we really need to freak out and weigh every thing by grams and keep it to almost nothing to have a "true Pilgrim" experience? I would love some comments from people who took just a few extras and were glad they did.

Just bought a plane ticket from Philly to Paris! Leaving from home May 10, plan to start at SJPP on May 12. Current obsession: reading about gear.
Dan, I had the gear obsession too...I cured it by buying my major gear (shoes/pack/sleeping gear). Now I am afraid to read gear reviews for fear of getting buyers' remorse! :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I hear you!! I don't go until September 2016 and I am already getting my gear together and putting it into my pack, just to keep it together. I will then go through things closer to my actual trip. Do we really need to freak out and weigh every thing by grams and keep it to almost nothing to have a "true Pilgrim" experience? I would love some comments from people who took just a few extras and were glad they did.
Joodle, this will be my first Camino, but as a former backpacker the question becomes: do I care enough to carry it for x miles uphill. It becomes a personal prioritization decision.

My paper Breviary, for instance, will probably be coming with me because it always does (even though I have an app on my phone). It makes me feel better to have it. Some people are like that about their favorite pair of slippers, etc. My strategy has always been to find the smallest pack that makes sense to avoid overdoing it--only so much will fit! For the Camino I've downsized from my normal 55L pack to a 30L model. Stuff will *really* have to be important to make it onboard.

Hello Dan and welcome. All the info you looking for you can find or ask here.
Wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€83,-
Hi Robert, welcome to this wonderful forum. April / May is a nice periode off the year to walk. I walked this year in April / May and I had only 1 day rain.
And for the rest it was great.

Wish you well , Peter.
Thank you for your kind welcome with the good tidings about the weather, much appreciated. Could you tell me if I should bring cold weather gear, apart from the usual jacket? Thanks Peter.

Joodle, this will be my first Camino, but as a former backpacker the question becomes: do I care enough to carry it for x miles uphill. It becomes a personal prioritization decision.

My paper Breviary, for instance, will probably be coming with me because it always does (even though I have an app on my phone). It makes me feel better to have it. Some people are like that about their favorite pair of slippers, etc. My strategy has always been to find the smallest pack that makes sense to avoid overdoing it--only so much will fit! For the Camino I've downsized from my normal 55L pack to a 30L model. Stuff will *really* have to be important to make it onboard.
Hi Joodle. This time I am going to buy a small breviary that just has the four week cycle plus the special days. Then I am going to take it apart and keep only the four week cycle plus the night prayers.... and then get it blessed (lol). Rove

Oops sorry for wasting space, the above should have been addressed to Deacon Jason. I'm a newbie. Good on you Joodle anyway!

Hi Sheena, my wife and I will also walk from Porto to Santiago .We will walk in September.
I wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

And you also / y también Peter!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good to see a couple of other aussies on the forum. Hola to Jmac56, and Cathy j, but you will both be well ahead of me on the trail, I don't start until May 1.

Hola to you too Tinta. I met quite a few Aussies on my "Half-Way" in April/May. We certainly are a nation of travellers! I wish you a wonderful Camino.

Thank you for your kind welcome with the good tidings about the weather, much appreciated. Could you tell me if I should bring cold weather gear, apart from the usual jacket? Thanks Peter.
I had only 1 shirt with long sleeves and a rain jack.
Wish you well, Peter.

Dan: My wife and I now have our tickets set (from Detroit to Paris) leaving on May 10 as well. Perhaps we'll see you along the way. Enjoy obsessing over gear. The planning has certainly been part of the fun for me and this forum is such a great resource.
Joe

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buenas tardes a todos!

Currently planning to walk La Via de la Plata, starting on La Via Augusta or El Camino del Sur (Plan A) or El Camino Frances, starting in SJPdP (Plan B) during the Spring or during the Fall of 2016. As far as training, so far so good but I need to increase the distance.

Slowly getting all our gear together, so far I have purchased the Osprey Stratos 36 (for me) and ordered the Osprey Sirrus 36 (for my wife), both from REI.

Looking for (a) quick drying convertible pants, (b) quick drying shirts, (c) blister prevention socks and insoles, (d) good anti-friction foot cream, (e) electrical power adapters. If you have a recommendations please shoot it this way.

Muchas Gracias y Buen Camino.
1. Wait till Spain to get a power adapter average cost 5€ and easy to find.
2. Best ever socks are 1000 mile. All my military friends swear by them and so do I and the thicket ones which I wear even in he summer. Wick away sweat keep your feet cool and dry and negate the need for the extra insoles.
3 Blister packs are sold everywhere and chemists carry an enmoutous rsnge of potions and lotions for pilgrims
4. Take a needle and thread to drain blisters properly
5 Don't bother with convertible pants. Take One shorts and one long trousers. I swear by Craighopper nosilite. Bug and sun protection. Loads of pockets, dry quickly and wick away sweat.
6 Sleeping bags. Take s look at Lifeventure 75o which are treated for bedbugs or Coccon travel sheet coupler silk / wool. I have one it's great as it had s zip. Plus all the hostels I visited had blankets.
7 Travrl plug for sinks
8 A bit of bubble wrap to sit on to keep bottom dry
9. Depends on what time of year you go if it's warm and raining you will be as wet under a poncho as above and gortex just doesn't work for me when it's warm take an umbrella
10 I used a buffalo wind shirt it was excellent.
11 Waterproof trousers can again be to hot in the rain, I wore shorts
My rucksack is 25 litres ish and ok. Yours will be perfect
I don't wear gortex boots as feet can get to hot I wore Mindel Lugano and they were great. Training my feet for merill kuhano sandals but watch this space. The heavier the boots the more the problems is what u was Advised and I agree
1 walked for 1100 miles on Pilgrimage this year. If you have any questions happy to answer them.
Oh and a little travel salt and pepper pot picnics with fellow travellers are such fun

. . . . . 1. Wait till Spain to get a power adapter average cost 5€ and easy to find . . . .
Thank you Hugh for the recommendations.

1. Already have a power adapter, battle tested during my last trip to Europe (good for Spain).
2. I will try the 1000 mile socks (my last merino wool socks were useless).
3. Already have my blister solution, lotion and cream battle tested during my training walks.
4. Needle and thread for blisters - Ouch!
5. Already have my quick drying shorts, quick drying long trousers, quick drying long sleeve shirts, battle tested during my training walks.
6. Already have my sleeping bag.
7. I will take my travel plugs or piece of rubber for the sinks.
8. I like your bubble rap para el trazero idea!
9. I have my poncho, battle tested during my trip to South America (rained hard), I like the umbrella idea.
10. I have a windjammer long sleeve shirts and jacket ready to go.
11. No, I do not use waterproof trousers, I train with my hiking shorts, I don't wear gore-tex boots, and thanks for the recommendation on the travel salt an pepper!

As far as readiness, I am ready now, I am satisfied with my training regime (Praise the Lord), the only thing I need to do is to make my flight reservations and hit the road (well, hit the camino). Again, thanks for all your recommendations. Que la Luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Thank you Hugh for the recommendations.

1. Already have a power adapter, battle tested during my last trip to Europe (good for Spain).
2. I will try the 1000 mile socks (my last merino wool socks were useless).
3. Already have my blister solution, lotion and cream battle tested during my training walks.
4. Needle and thread for blisters - Ouch!
5. Already have my quick drying shorts, quick drying long trousers, quick drying long sleeve shirts, battle tested during my training walks.
6. Already have my sleeping bag.
7. I will take my travel plugs or piece of rubber for the sinks.
8. I like your bubble rap para el trazero idea!
9. I have my poncho, battle tested during my trip to South America (rained hard), I like the umbrella idea.
10. I have a windjammer long sleeve shirts and jacket ready to go.
11. No, I do not use waterproof trousers, I train with my hiking shorts, I don't wear gore-tex boots, and thanks for the recommendation on the travel salt an pepper!

As far as readiness, I am ready now, I am satisfied with my training regime (Praise the Lord), the only thing I need to do is to make my flight reservations and hit the road (well, hit the camino). Again, thanks for all your recommendations. Que la Luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
I was fortunate never to have a blister, some of my companions did. We heated the needle and past though the blister. The thread drained the liquid a little surgical sprit then allowed to dry and coverd with compeed (blister plaster). If you already knew this sorry.
Have a wonderful Camio you sound dry well prepared
Best wishes
Hugh

I had only 1 shirt with long sleeves and a rain jack.
Wish you well, Peter.
Are you serious? I guess they were in excess of what you were already wearing. Peter, I was born in the Netherlands but came out to Australia when I was 4 years old. Just came back from a visit. Thanks.

Hi Deacon Jason,
I take my Breviary where-ever I go too but this time I am going to buy a small print breviary. Then I am going to take it apart and keep only the four week cycle plus the night prayers.... and then get it blessed (lol). I am so determined to travel light. I also have the essentials for the Spanish language Mass. A Franciscan rosary... what more do I need? All the best for your Camino.

Buen Camino
Arn
I shall be walking the Via Augusta from Cadiz in early March 2016 and then the Via del Plata taking the southern route to Santiago. Maybe some friends will come along if they can get the time off work or I'll be ambling along alone. I'm in no rush. I usually walk between 7am and 2pm and then relax.

€46,-
Postponed my September 2015 Camino to accommodate daughter who insists on coming with me. So we head off on April 9th 2016 from Australia. Allowing 35 days for travelling and walking from SJPP. Also want to bus it to Finisterre. Can we do it in that time? She intends to hang a bottle of red from her backpack if I tend to drop behind to encourage me to walk faster!

Hi Nan,
35 days is about how long I take, giving me perhaps a couple of rest days along the way. I would never swop Santiago for Finisterre; if my time was short at the end I would ditch the bus to Finisterre in favour of a couple of days in Santiago.
I walked one year with my daughter and it was special. Happy planning.

Thanks kanga. I am so looking forward to it. Packed and exercising. Sit ups, they tell me, is good for the core to help with weight of the backpack. Son is also hoping to join us on the last leg from Sarria if time permits.
I really appreciate all the info that comes thru the forum. And it is great to hear from all the future and past travellers with their advice and encouragement.

@Nan have you made contact with any groups near you? Have a look at the bottom of the forum and you will find a special area for pilgrims from Australia and New Zealand - it contains details of local meetings.

Postponed my September 2015 Camino to accommodate daughter who insists on coming with me. So we head off on April 9th 2016 from Australia. Allowing 35 days for travelling and walking from SJPP. Also want to bus it to Finisterre. Can we do it in that time? She intends to hang a bottle of red from her backpack if I tend to drop behind to encourage me to walk faster!
Hi Nan,

In 2014 I walked from SJPP to Santiago in 29 days, then spent 4 days walking to Finisterre and Muxia.

This year I allowed more time, walking from SJPP to Santiago in 39 days then spent 10 days walking to Finisterre and Muxia and back to Santiago.

Next year I plan to walk SJPP to Santiago in 34 days before spending another 7 days walking to Muxia and Finisterre.

If you are reasonably fit and can keep your pack weight down, your planned 35 days is do-able.

Buen Camino,
Mike

@Nan have you made contact with any groups near you? Have a look at the bottom of the forum and you will find a special area for pilgrims from Australia and New Zealand - it contains details of local meetings.
Thanks kanga.
Have checked this out. May not get to meetings as they are a bit of a distance away but everyone in the forums are so helpful and supportive, as you are. Again many thanks.

Good to see a couple of other aussies on the forum. Hola to Jmac56, and Cathy j, but you will both be well ahead of me on the trail, I don't start until May 1.
Hi Tinta, getting exciting about my Camino. I'm surprised at how many Aussies I have come across have already walked. I wish you a Buen Camino

Hi Nan, I leave Perth on April 11 so I'll be a couple of days behind you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes it can be done to Santiago and I hung a half liter sig bottle off my pack for lunch

Hi Nan, I leave Perth on April 11 so I'll be a couple of days behind you!
Hi Cathyj. We no doubt will meet up. We will have a day in Barcelona before heading to SJPP . And I expect to walk slow for first few days.

Officially signing on the dotted line...
I'll be beginning my Camino on 22/3...but am not certain from where. Only have 2 weeks this year, and there are a bunch of good options. It may come down to where I can get transport to at the last minute.
Once I decide where I'll be back to find out who else might be out there at the same time.
Buen camino and ultreia, everyone!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Officially signing on the dotted line...
I'll be beginning my Camino on 22/3...but am not certain from where. Only have 2 weeks this year, and there are a bunch of good options. It may come down to where I can get transport to at the last minute.
Once I decide where I'll be back to find out who else might be out there at the same time.
Buen camino and ultreia, everyone!
Hi, Buen Camino to you to.
Wish you well, Peter.

My wife and myself will be starting in SJPDP on 14th of May 2016. We have planned for 39 days to arrive in Santiago on the day of my 50th birthday (21st June). If all goes well and we do not need the rest days we plan to continue on to Finisterre first. Maybe we meet some of you people out there on our Way.

My wife and myself will be starting in SJPDP on 14th of May 2016. We have planned for 39 days to arrive in Santiago on the day of my 50th birthday (21st June). If all goes well and we do not need the rest days we plan to continue on to Finisterre first. Maybe we meet some of you people out there on our Way.
Hey Otti, I'm starting one month before you. I'm also in Perth, if you and your wife are interested in meeting some time to talk all things 'Camino' let me know. we may be able to help each other with planning/info/etc. There is a group who meet in King's Park on the last Sunday of each month, that may be a suitable time/venue? I am planning much the same as you, just a month earlier.

Cathy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey Otti, I'm starting one month before you. I'm also in Perth, if you and your wife are interested in meeting some time to talk all things 'Camino' let me know. we may be able to help each other with planning/info/etc. There is a group who meet in King's Park on the last Sunday of each month, that may be a suitable time/venue? I am planning much the same as you, just a month earlier.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,
Good to see there is someone else form this side of the world who is planning this big journey. It would be great to have a meet and have a chat. Could you give us some details about the group in Kings Park?
Cheers
Otti

Hi. We are walking the Via Augusta from Cadiz to Seville and then the VDLP. Plan to leave Cadiz on the Saturday 12th March. Tickets booked rucksack packed and sitting in the corner of the kitchen ready to go ! Looking forward to the fellowship of the Camino.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 2
Otti:
My wife and I will just be a day ahead of you. We plan on taking it slowly, so you're likely to pass us along the way. You might want to know about the thread
"May/June 2016 Peregrinos - Camino France"
(https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-peregrinos-camino-frances.36410/#post-342632)
which is tracking various CF departures in May and June. Have fun planning your Camino.
Joe

Last edited:
You can PM if you wish

Hi Cathyj. Am sorry but I am lost with all these links and forums. I received yr message re meeting up on the Camino but I can't see where to reply to it. And again I notice a PM. What's that mean. Something Me I am guessing. So apologies in advance to anyone who I miss replying to.
My daughter is 51 and she and husband are arriving home today from walking Milford Sound in NZ. She has walked the 100k for Oxfam a couple of times so she is fit. She will be pushing me I think. Maybe I will need to have her carry my pack as well! That will slow her down! How do I keep in touch re travel arrangements. I haven't booked yet but as travel agent also walked the sound with daughter I am not worried about missing a flight booking. I think our actual leaving st j will be 11th but not 100% sure.

Buen Camino
Arn
I will be walking my first camino April 16th from SJPDP. I'm doing it solo and so looking forward to the adventure. I lived in Southern Spain from 83 to 89. Cant wait!

Hi, flights not booked yet but I am planning to start my second crack at the Camino Frances from SJPdP in the first week of April, 2016. Hoping to walk on to Finisterre and Muxia also.

Paris flights booked. Planning to start from somewhere near Bayonne around April 5 to "warm up" for Route de Napoleon.

Hi,
Aidan

Hello Aidan, I will begin my 2nd camino on June 2 from St. Jean. I hope to meet you along the 'way'.

Hi Otti, hope everything goes well for you. Than you can walk to Finisterre. My wife and I walked last year from Sarria to Finistere, and we both loved it. She had planned this in 2013 to walk but she walked only from SJPdP to Santiago. She was quite sick when she arrived in Santiago.
Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I will be walking my first camino April 16th from SJPDP. I'm doing it solo and so looking forward to the adventure. I lived in Southern Spain from 83 to 89. Cant wait!
Hi Bret, you will have a great time. Meeting lots off other pilgrims along your journey from al over the world.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Buen Camino
Arn
Me!!!

I am in the planning phase at the moment. Looking like mid-April through May. Camino Frances. There is a possibility that I will be bringing my service dog with me. We are walking quite a bit now to see how he will handle daily distances. He does climb Colorado mountains with me now, but this is multiple days in a row, so a bit of testing is required. This is a spiritual trip for me.

Hi all,

I just joined after lurking for the better part of a year. Anyway, if everything goes according to plan, I'll be setting out on the Camino de Madrid in early May.
Hi Rob and welcome on this wonderful forum . Now you are a part of a wonderful family. May is a nice time to walk from...

Well, I bought my plane ticket so I guess it's official.

God willing, I'll be starting on the Camino in St. Jean on September 8th of 2016. For me it is a combination religious pilgrimage/mid-life crisis activity. Some guys buy a Corvette, I'm walking 500 miles to church...

Also, started a trail journal on the TrailJournals long-distance hiking site. It will be a good way to post updates to family and friends along the way: http://www.trailjournals.com/DeaconJason/
Corvette or Camino? Why not both?:D

Hi Buz... I will be about a week behind you...
Now that i'm old and grey I too thought of getting a sport car which I could not afford when I was younger, but now I don't think I can get into a car that is so low to the ground. Oh well, such is life. My doing the Camino is more to celebrate my 60th and to be away from the office for a month. I was asked to make sure I have my cell phone with me but no one said I have to turn it on ;)

€83,-
Now that i'm old and grey I too thought of getting a sport car which I could not afford when I was younger, but now I don't think I can get into a car that is so low to the ground. Oh well, such is life. My doing the Camino is more to celebrate my 60th and to be away from the office for a month. I was asked to make sure I have my cell phone with me but no one said I have to turn it on ;)
Hi Christian, grey mabe but surely not old.
Hope you have a great 60th birthday and a Buen Camino, Peter.

You will have a great experience on the Camino. I'm just sorry I could not go back sooner. At my age, 71, a year seems like a lifetime to have to wait. And while I am not as agile as I was when I wore a younger man's clothes, getting in and out of a Vette is noooo problem:):D

Being the young buck such as you are, I am sure that you will soon overtake me. I am going to try to slow down the pace a bit this time and shoot for between 12 and 15 miles a day. Wave as you blow past!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.