• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2017

I'll be a couple of days behind you to start, leaving SJPdP on Sept 8th but you never know...our paths may cross. I'm very proud of you for going solo. I'm also on my own so I know how those mixed feelings are.
Buen Camino!

I'm planning on a fairly leisurely pace to begin with and have booked at Orisson for the first night so our paths may cross. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,
The monkey is off my back.. I've been a forum voyeur since November, this being my first post. I have found the forum like a good book you just cant put down, and i have you, the forum (members) to thank for my planning so far. I will attempt to join the Class of 2017 by starting in SJPP on 25th August and have given myself up to 38 days to arrive in Santiago. Airfares âś” packing list , training and excitement ongoing. Hopefully i will have something to contribute to the forum on my return.
Regards, Greig.

My Husband and I are delighted to say we are joining the class of 2017. We arrive in SJPdP on the 18th April and staying in Orisson that evening (God willing everything goes according to plan). We have given ourselves 5 weeks and we just can't wait. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My FIRST Camino
I'm from Australia ( The Land Down Under)
I'm landing in Paris on April 20
A few days there to Adjust Time wise
Hopefully leave SJPDP on ANZAC day April 25
I'm in No Hurry I'd like to SEE the Country
Buen Camino

Last edited:
I have been lurking around and learning a lot this past year from the folk on this tremendous forum. The experienced pilgrims have been patient and kind to us newcomers. After a five month delay and great anticipation, I will begin my walk on February 25 from Bordeaux bound for Santiago and beyond, if possible. I've given myself two months. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have been lurking around and learning a lot this past year from the folk on this tremendous forum. The experienced pilgrims have been patient and kind to us newcomers. After a five month delay and great anticipation, I will begin my walk on February 25 from Bordeaux bound for Santiago and beyond, if possible. I've given myself two months. Buen Camino!

Great news Ray B.! Enjoy every step of your way on The Way.
Bon chemin and Buen camino!

My FIRST Camino
I'm from Australia ( The Land Down Under)
I'm landing in Paris on April 20
A few days there to Adjust Time wise
Hopefully leave SJPDP on ANZAC day April 25
I'm in No Hurry I'd like to SEE the Country
Beun Camino
Hi Annie , like the "no hurry " part.
You will see lots of nice parts of Spain and will meet pilgrims from all over the place.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi
There are so many interesting posts here and I can't wait to experience the Camino.
I'm thinking about starting in May and don't have a time frame to be back for so I can enjoy what's on offer during the journey. Haven't done anything like this so not sure if that's a realistic starting time frame? I'm planning a few longish walk about 10-15 miles before I go so hopefully won't be too much of a shock to the system!
Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello my friends I'm also tackling my first Camino this year in 2017. I have just turned 70 and I am a little bit apprehensive of how it will go. I believe in all these good advice that I see from all the Pilgrims , that there hope that once you have done this week you might (and I say might ) make it to Santiago de Compostela. I've already broken in my boots and I am flying from Johannesburg to Madrid on 8th of April and from there I'll find my way to St Jeann and I hope to start on the 10th of April . Buen camino a todos!!!

Hi
There are so many interesting posts here and I can't wait to experience the Camino.
I'm thinking about starting in May and don't have a time frame to be back for so I can enjoy what's on offer during the journey. Haven't done anything like this so not sure if that's a realistic starting time frame? I'm planning a few longish walk about 10-15 miles before I go so hopefully won't be too much of a shock to the system!
Buen Camino
Hi,
Welcome to this wonderful Camino family.
Keep listning to your body and you will be fine.

Hello my friends I'm also tackling my first Camino this year in 2017. I have just turned 70 and I am a little bit apprehensive of how it will go. I believe in all these good advice that I see from all the Pilgrims , that there hope that once you have done this week you might (and I say might ) make it to Santiago de Compostela. I've already broken in my boots and I am flying from Johannesburg to Madrid on 8th of April and from there I'll find my way to St Jeann and I hope to start on the 10th of April . Buen camino a todos!!!
Hi Gerhard,
One step at the time and keep listning to your body.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My Husband and I are delighted to say we are joining the class of 2017. We arrive in SJPdP on the 18th and staying in Orisson that evening (God willing everything goes according to plan). We have given ourselves 5 weeks and we just can't wait. Buen Camino.
Hi Maura, you will love your stay at the albergue Orisson.
It's a great walk with stunning views.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Ray, enjoy yourself on your journey to Santiago and maybe beyond.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Barry from Alabama here. Get to CDG in Paris on 4/21. Trains to Bordeaux then Bayonne, then SJPdP. I leave SJPdP on April 22 or 23. Hope to go all the way to Muxia/Finisterra. Hope to be in SdC for Pentecost.
Thx to all on this forum for your kindly advice and wisdom. You are indeed a community. God bless you all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there , starting my 2nd CF in April . Arriving in SJPdP on the 19th . Leaving from Madrid on June 3. My first CF was September & October of 2015. Walking solo & very psyched...

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I've decided! First Camino for me. I'll start on April 7th from Astorga during Semana Santa. Very excited and a bit apprehensive but been reading the forum and it seems like there are some wonderful people! Buen camino a todos!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola! This forum is great! I'm very proud to be part of the class of 2017:)
I will be walking with my daughter starting May 12 on the Camino Frances. We were going to go 2 years ago after she wrote her RMT exams but 2 weeks before leaving she ended up having surgery for back problems. We are celebrating, her recovery, our love of life, family, never giving up on dreams, and meeting our new Camino family.
Thanks to all of you we have a place booked in SJPDP and Orisson. I finally found a pair of hiking shoes and have done a couple of 20K back to back hikes with smaller walks during the week. Loving my new shoes. I am not retired yet so it's a bit harder to get all the training in. :( I have my Osprey pack and am now figuring out what Not to put in it! LOL!o_O
I haven't found much info re what to pack for May/ June( I live in Canada). It is March and last night it snowed again. I will check in with the pilgrims office in SJPDP to see if I need to book rooms in advance. I would rather not book anything more than I have. My daughter thinks we should bring a tent. Any suggestions/ comments on that?
Are there statistics for # of pilgrims leaving each day in May. Getting very excited!
I hope to meet some of you on the way!
Buen Camino!

I will check in with the pilgrims office in SJPDP to see if I need to book rooms in advance. I would rather not book anything more than I have. My daughter thinks we should bring a tent. Any suggestions/ comments on that?
Don't bring a tent. You won't need it. Booking a night in SJPDP is probably a good idea. Otherwise, don't worry too much about it. My daughter and I walked the French Way in August 2016 and even if there were lots of fellow pilgrims we never had a problem finding a bed. Just once we were told an albergue was full but luckily that was in a village that had two and the other one had room.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino.
I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.
It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.
The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2017?
Buen Camino
Arn

Hello,

Just came across this thread as I was looking at other information on the forum. What a great idea! I will be joining the Class of 2017 for my first Camino. I am taking the Frances route, flying out of Toronto March 8th and planning on leaving St. Jean on the 11th. I am hoping to arrive in Santiago for Easter (if things go to plan). This will be a solo trip for me. I am starting to get nervous and excited as my departure draws closer. Looking forward to potentially meeting some forum members along the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, just joined the forum as I am planning my first Camino starting May this year. Arriving Biarritz airport 7 May at 10am, and looking for fellow travellers to share transport with.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm in. Put me in the CF two week slot from 23MAy2017, departing SJPP.
Buen Camino, fellow 2017 classmates.

Hey All,
I'm arriving in Biarritz from Ireland on the 15th of April, going to spend the night there to relax, then on to SJPP on the 16th and hope to start the Camino on the 17th.
Does anyone know if the visitor centre will be open on Easter Sunday?
It's my first time and I'll be going on own, can't wait !

Hey All,
I'm arriving in Biarritz from Ireland on the 15th of April, going to spend the night there to relax, then on to SJPP on the 16th and hope to start the Camino on the 17th.
Does anyone know if the visitor centre will be open on Easter Sunday?
It's my first time and I'll be going on own, can't wait !

The Pilgrim Office in SJPdP will indeed be open on Easter Sunday. It is open every day of the year.

The SJPdP Pilgrim Office is located on the camino at 39 rue de La Citadelle.

The office is open in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions.

They can also help locate a bed/bunk for the night. They keep an up to the minute list of all available spaces in albergues as well as regular tourist facilities and will telephone to find you a space.

Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims. ...Do plan to stop and chat!

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Pilgrim Office in SJPdP will indeed be open on Easter Sunday. It is open every day of the year.

The office is open every day and in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions.

They can also help locate abed/bunk for the night. They keep an up to the minute list of all available spaces in albergues as well as regular tourist facilities and will telephone to find you a space.

Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims. ...Do plan to stop and chat!

Thanks for the information on the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP, do you know what time it opens and closes each day?

The office is open in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions.

They can also help locate abed/bunk for the night. They keep an up to the minute list of all available spaces in albergues as well as regular tourist facilities and will telephone to find you a space.

Thanks you for the quick reply ;)

Thanks for the information on the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP, do you know what time it opens and closes each day?

Generally in season the office is open by 08:00 and closes after the arrival of the last train/bus or 22:30.

For the most current info you might PM/via conversation forum member @Monasp who is the manger of the Pilgrim Office.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It's impossible to feel alone in this community. So, I'm diving in!

I'll arrive in SJPdP on May 20th, and haven't set a timeline other than that. I'd like to be in Santiago by July, but will let my soul (and soles!) plan the timeline. I'm planning an austere journey with little frills, though I'll admit I'm too diva to travel without a makeup kit for the odd night out. My camino family may want to hit a karaoke club in Pamplona, who knows?

Anyway, buen camino to all! I'm so excited. :)

~A~

It's impossible to feel alone in this community. So, I'm diving in!

I'll arrive in SJPdP on May 20th, and haven't set a timeline other than that. I'd like to be in Santiago by July, but will let my soul (and soles!) plan the timeline. I'm planning an austere journey with little frills, though I'll admit I'm too diva to travel without a makeup kit for the odd night out. My camino family may want to hit a karaoke club in Pamplona, who knows?

Anyway, buen camino to all! I'm so excited. :)

~A~

I am starting off from SJPdP on the 20th, maybe I will see you along the way ! Buen Camino ...

I'll be starting off on 30th March from Porto...

Walking via the coast till Vilar do Conde, then inland all the way to Santiago.

This is my second camino, and i'm walking for a friend who wanted to walk this year, but who passed on quite suddenly, last year...

Bom Caminho.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bought my plane ticket for early April. Start the CF on 5th at just turned 65 years old. I will mainly be staying in albergues. Read the forum with great interest , but also other LDW forums. Have a pair of well broken in boots but I am having problems getting some well fitting trail shoes that I am happy with, still have some time to get sorted on that front though. I have all my equipment already having walked the Pennine Way which was very difficult for me in places, except I have bought a "silk" liner and a bed bug protector sheet as the forum has made me a wee bit bed bug paranoid.:p:p
I walked the Penine Way as far as Keld. I am hoping that the Camino is ...kinder:rolleyes:

I will be arriving in SJPDP in mid-September after a 24 hour journey from Australia. I am feeling so blessed to be doing this. The physical and spiritual preparation has me feeling like my Camino has already begun. I feel strangely calm about the impending journey inward. My hope is that I meld with the Way and become one with it. To understand the magical effect it has had on so many, for so long. I don't expect to make it to SdC. And that is absolutely okay. I have 4 precious weeks where my beautiful husband has offered to work, run the house and look after our 14 year old daughter, the dog and the chickens. So, I will saviour and appreciate every incredible moment I have to reconnect with the land, with Spirit, with kindred souls, all seeking meaning in their own time, in their own way. I found the Camino 20 years ago when travelling around Galicia. I kept seeing scallop shells everywhere on the road, and then there were people wearing them around their necks. It wasnt until I got to Santiago, where I saw many pilgrims arriving, very emotional, tired yet happy people, that I finally found out what was going on. Since then, I have dreamt about this journey, and now it is close, I can hardly believe it. Love to you all. I hope to see you on The Way. Buen Camino!

Hello all. I plan to do the CDS Frances starting in late April 2017. I just retired - no schedules to worry about so I will just take my time. I have already been working the 40 years of rust out of my system and will be ready to roll in 2017. Looking forward to it. Buen Camino, Bill (California) Just a quick add: My 27 year old daughter will be accompanying me for the first week. She is super excited to be part of this adventure.
Hi Bill! I'm starting the camino end of April as well. I'm a 27 female so if you're daughter is starting with you please look out for me! See you on the trail. - Hannah

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi All -- My name is Hannah and I'll be beginning in SJDP in the third week of April. I just quit my job and will be traveling for a few months (including the camino). I've been to Spain numerous times and have biked part of the Camino del Norte. I'm especially anxious for this trip and am hoping I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Any tips on avoiding blisters would be much appreciated. That is my number one concern right now.

Buen Camino.

Hello, just joined the forum as I am planning my first Camino starting May this year. Arriving Biarritz airport 7 May at 10am, and looking for fellow travellers to share transport with.
Hi Martin , wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Hi All -- My name is Hannah and I'll be beginning in SJDP in the third week of April. I just quit my job and will be traveling for a few months (including the camino). I've been to Spain numerous times and have biked part of the Camino del Norte. I'm especially anxious for this trip and am hoping I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Any tips on avoiding blisters would be much appreciated. That is my number one concern right now.

Buen Camino.
Hi Hannah,you are not the only one beeing anxious .
It's normal feeling anxious and a bit nervous.
I'm counting down as well,beginning at the 21 of April in Irun.

The blister item , keep your feet dry.

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I will be arriving in SJPDP in mid-September after a 24 hour journey from Australia. I am feeling so blessed to be doing this. The physical and spiritual preparation has me feeling like my Camino has already begun. I feel strangely calm about the impending journey inward. My hope is that I meld with the Way and become one with it. To understand the magical effect it has had on so many, for so long. I don't expect to make it to SdC. And that is absolutely okay. I have 4 precious weeks where my beautiful husband has offered to work, run the house and look after our 14 year old daughter, the dog and the chickens. So, I will saviour and appreciate every incredible moment I have to reconnect with the land, with Spirit, with kindred souls, all seeking meaning in their own time, in their own way. I found the Camino 20 years ago when travelling around Galicia. I kept seeing scallop shells everywhere on the road, and then there were people wearing them around their necks. It wasnt until I got to Santiago, where I saw many pilgrims arriving, very emotional, tired yet happy people, that I finally found out what was going on. Since then, I have dreamt about this journey, and now it is close, I can hardly believe it. Love to you all. I hope to see you on The Way. Buen Camino!

Hello BillyJane, as your Avatar says " Peace begins with a smile " that is so true .

You are so blessed that your husband will hold the fortres ;) while you are walking your long time dream .

And you will have the time of your Life.

Hello BillyJane, as your Avatar says " Peace begins with a smile " that is so true .

You are so blessed that your husband will hold the fortres ;) while you are walking your long time dream .

And you will have the time of your Life.

Thank you so much Peter. YOur responses are always so positive and full of genuine kindness. It's a great service you do for all of us fledgling peregrinos. I wish you a muy buen Camino for April:D

Buen Camino.
Hi Hannah
I'm starting in SJPDP around the 25th April
Maybe see you on the Walk
Been Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife and I embark on our first Camino one month from today. We're wheels-down in Pamplona via Madrid on April 20 after an overnight from ORD. Bus or taxi to SJPP, then off to Orisson one month from today. After years of lurking, watching, talking and planning, we can't wait to begin this spiritual journey. So, yes, we are honored to also be members of the Class of 2017.

Looking forward to the Camino Norte come September/October '17 time. No definitive itinerary as of yet, but should have it firmed up by the end of the month! Looking forward to some insight here, and even more so during the pilgrimage.
Albert R.

Buen Camino.
Hi Hannah!
There's a pretty extensive post on blister prevention in the gear section. Boils down to foot care, silicone foot spray, silk socks under wool socks, and well fitted boots.
My technique is a pair of thick socks, and well broken-in boots. That basically means new-ish clean socks, and boots with about half their life left, that fit you properly.
I've humped a lot of miles with a heavy ruck and can't remember getting any blisters.
Albert R

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My wife and I embark on our first Camino one month from today. We're wheels-down in Pamplona via Madrid on April 20 after an overnight from ORD. Bus or taxi to SJPP, then off to Orisson one month from today. After years of lurking, watching, talking and planning, we can't wait to begin this spiritual journey. So, yes, we are honored to also be members of the Class of 2017.
Hello, I'am 1 day behind you. There is only one thing I'am walking the Northe ;)

Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello, I'am 1 day behind you. There is only one thing I'am walking the Northe ;)

Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Wishing Buen Camino as well, Peter. Maybe some day we will have walked as many routes as you. Gracias.

Hi all. I am so glad to join the Class of 2017 too. I'm Laura from Russia and I'm going to walk the Camino del Norte from Santander in the end of May.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi,
Today I received my Visa and now I can say that I will start walking (God willing) from Le Puy on 11May 2017!!!!
Buen Camino all,
Petro

I'll be leaving from Lisbon on July 14th. Probably the coastal after Porto, but ! depende ¡. Just booked the tickets and I am very excited.

Hi everyone, I'm Ben from California. My first Camino will begin in SJPdP on April 28. Going solo, but I'm looking forward to finding my Camino family. This is honestly the only thing I've been thinking about for the last few months, for many reasons.

I'm usually a private person, but for this journey, I will be using instagram as a photo album and perhaps mini-blog (username: ben_camino), so feel free to follow along if you are either feeling nostalgic or want a preview of your future Camino. And maybe I'll even see some of you along The Way.

This is the first of hopefully many posts. I appreciate any and all advice. Buen Camino.

Ben

I'm planning my first pilgrimage on the Francese this July. Ideally starting on July 12. Not the preferred time of the year for this, but this is the time that I have, so I'll make do.

I have a whole bunch of questions, but I'm going to save those for another thread. This one's just to say hi to fellow peregrinos in the Class of '17.

Hello,
2 years ago attempted the CF but only got to Viana before having to return due to illness. This year I'm going to give it another try; thinking about possibly detouring on to the Invierno to avoid the crowds.

Hello everyone!

I'll be continuing my CF (which I started in Pamplona on Summer 2016) from Burgos on April 30 to Santiago (I hope! Still negotiating more time off from work) Looking forward to meeting you all along the way =)

Buen camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello everyone!

I'll be continuing my CF (which I started in Pamplona on Summer 2016) from Burgos on April 30 to Santiago (I hope! Still negotiating more time off from work) Looking forward to meeting you all along the way =)

Buen camino
Welcome back to the Camino.

Hi Everyone!

I am doing my first Camino in April 2017 shortly after my 30th birthday. I really have very little idea of what I am doing. So far my plans include flying out of Montreal into Paris and then taking whatever train I need to to get where I need to be...

I have lots of time to plan, right?

I will be doing the journey alone, I thought of taking my best friend but I don't think if we go together that what "should" happen will happen.

Wish me luck!
best of luck, maybe see you on the way, I start on the 26th from SJPdP buen camino

Hello everyone!
I'm Ksenia and I am starting off from SJPdP on the 3rd of June. I'm planning to leave Frances in Leon and then continue on the Salvadore and Primitivo up to Santiago. But I have only 32 days for that, so the final decision I'll make only on the way, maybe only in Leon. it will be my first Camino, so I just can't wait to start it.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello all,
Flights are booked, Dallas to Madrid arriving on September 21st. I will be walking the Camino Frances starting in Pamplona September 23, 2017. Maybe I will meet some of you along the way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi All,
Stumbled across this topic - so thought i'd sign in for the Class of 2017: Mid July-Mid Aug Term.
This will be my first Camino having wanted to do it for about 5 years. My Mum has been selling me stories further back than that!!! I will be walking solo (though i doubt i will be from what ive read) having recently broken up with my GF. And am now at one of those life crossroads where you find yourself wondering where to go and what to do next.
As such the Camino called to me and told me this is my year :cool: Hoping to have both a spiritual and mental awakening whilst travelling the way.

€83,-
Hey, I guess I found this thread a bit late... I'm currently in Santander and catching the ferry to the UK tomorrow.
I did the Frances and then Finisterre / Muxia loop starting on April 1st from SJPP.
I must have seen/met a lot of people on here! The "Guy" from Cardiff with the small pack, blue shorts and big sideburns ;-)
It was fun, I learnt a lot along The Way.
Guy

Hey, I guess I found this thread a bit late... I'm currently in Santander and catching the ferry to the UK tomorrow.
I did the Frances and then Finisterre / Muxia loop starting on April 1st from SJPP.
I must have seen/met a lot of people on here! The "Guy" from Cardiff with the small pack, blue shorts and big sideburns ;-)
It was fun, I learnt a lot along The Way.
Guy
Congratulations Guy.
Hope you had a great time and meeting lots of other pilgrims along the way.
Wish you well,Peter.

Hi everybody. I'm Jonathan from California. Really hyped to start my first Camino. I'll be starting out of SJPDP around May 16th. Hoping to dodge the rain, but looking unlikely. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys there.

Buen Camino!

Jonathan C.

Hi everybody. I'm Jonathan from California. Really hyped to start my first Camino. I'll be starting out of SJPDP around May 16th. Hoping to dodge the rain, but looking unlikely. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys there.

Buen Camino!

Jonathan C.
Hi Jonathan ,

My mom and I have been talking about walking the Camino Frances since last year. When we realized we couldn't do it last summer we made a commitment to walk it next summer. So here we are... Proud members of the Camino Class of 2017!! We will start the third week of June and we are so excited! Edit: I'm glad to add that my sister will be joining us for the first week!

Plan to start third week as well the 21 with my daughter for st jean. Will look for you there

Hello Everyone,

Valerie here from Philippines/Singapore, Mabuhay!
Can't wait for my first Camino de Santiago this June.
Will be starting June 9 hopefully if I find my way from Paris to St Jean Pied de Port :rolleyes:

I only have around 20 days. So the plan is to start at SJPdP walk towards Pampalona.
Then from Pampalona take a train/bus to Leon and walk all the way to Santiago.
I've been dreaming of this hike ever since I've watched "The Way".
This will be my first long hike. Hopefully I'll arrive safely.

Hope to see some of you along "The Way".

70% excited;)
30% scared:oops:

Regards

Sudden unexpected class of 2017! 3rd Camino in June, flying in to Madrid, 20ish days and not sure of route :eek: Will post a thread about it in intros.

I suppose I should write a post and add myself, my father, and my brother to the class of 2017 - given that we're leaving for France on June 12! This will be my second Camino, and the first for my father and brother. I made some amazing friends last time, and I hope to do the same this time!

Hi Everyone,
I'm Steve (PathMan) and I signed up over a year ago in preparation for our Camino (the Portugues) which starts on Tuesday, 13th June 2017. I am walking with my wife (Sharon) and two friends, Pete & Margaret, and we will be walking from Porto on the Senda Litoral up as far as the Portugues border (the River Minho), where we will turn inland and follow the interior route from Valenca/Tui up to SdC. We arrive in Porto on Sunday, 11th June, and have two days there before we start our walk, expecting to arrive in SdC by Saturday, 24th June. We fly home to the UK on Sunday, 25th June.
Looking forward to meeting other Peregrino's on our walk!
Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

-snip-
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2017?
Buen Camino
Arn
I just returned to Virginia, USA after hiking from SJPP to Logrono May 23rd to June 2, 2017. Buen Camino to all planning their trips!
Mike

Walking for a couple of weeks starting the end of September in Leon. I walked from Pamplona to Burgos in 2016, and just booked my flights to do another section.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Walking for a couple of weeks starting the end of September in Leon. I walked from Pamplona to Burgos in 2016, and just booked my flights to do another section.
Hi and welcome to this wonderful Camino forum.
September/Oktober are nice month's to walk according to my wife anyway.

Hi, my husband and I made our flight reservations last week and we'll be walking the Camino Frances from St. Jean beginning just after Labor Day in September. Very excited, have lots of questions, and I've been enjoying reading about people's past Caminos, as well as learning from all the great feedback from Camino veterans.
Wish you both a wonderfull journey and a Buen Camino , Peter .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, my wife and I, along with a friend, have flights booked. We're from Calgary, Canada and are doing part of the Camino Frances. With kids and jobs and dogs, we're very luck to get 18 days, so we fly into Madrid, and will start in Astorga on Sept 23rd. Plan is to go through to Fisterra. Part of the fun of travelling to unique places is the research and planning, so a big challenge for me is to just go with the flow. We arrive in Madrid on Sept. 22 and depart on Oct. 8th - whatever happens in between, I'm sure will be amazing. Can't wait.

Just realised I haven't yet posted on this thread! My mother and I will be setting off from Roncesvalles on our second Camino Frances in early September - only around 10 weeks now so the countdown is on! Really looking forward to revisiting the places we saw and loved last time - and in a different season, as our first Camino was in Spring 2015.

After months of planning, I leave in a week to start my first Camino. Starting in Pamplona on July 11, and putting one foot in front of the other each day until SdC. Hope to see some of you on the way.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
After months of planning, I leave in a week to start my first Camino. Starting in Pamplona on July 11, and putting one foot in front of the other each day until SdC. Hope to see some of you on the way.
Hi , wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Just realised I haven't yet posted on this thread! My mother and I will be setting off from Roncesvalles on our second Camino Frances in early September - only around 10 weeks now so the countdown is on! Really looking forward to revisiting the places we saw and loved last time - and in a different season, as our first Camino was in Spring 2015.
It's a wonderful time of the year to walk according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Well, my wife and I, along with a friend, have flights booked. We're from Calgary, Canada and are doing part of the Camino Frances. With kids and jobs and dogs, we're very luck to get 18 days, so we fly into Madrid, and will start in Astorga on Sept 23rd. Plan is to go through to Fisterra. Part of the fun of travelling to unique places is the research and planning, so a big challenge for me is to just go with the flow. We arrive in Madrid on Sept. 22 and depart on Oct. 8th - whatever happens in between, I'm sure will be amazing. Can't wait.
It will be amazing.
Wish you all a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi fellow Peregrino's and Peregrino's to be.
I am a new member to the Class of 2017 and will be doing my first Camino in October. I will be leaving Porto on 7 October and hope to be in SDC on 17 October. I will be doing a solo walk and hope to see some of you on The Way.

Hi all,
Any of you starting Camino Frances in September or October 2017, there is a thread where you can add your name, where you're from and where you're starting from here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sept-oct-2017-pilgrims-check-in.49246/ You can find out who else here is starting around the same place/time you are and you'll have somebody to chat with about planning if your folks at home don't want to hear about it! There is also a calendar section where you can do the same thing in the heading bar above.
Cheers and Ultreia! Jill

Hi fellow Peregrino's and Peregrino's to be.
I am a new member to the Class of 2017 and will be doing my first Camino in October. I will be leaving Porto on 7 October and hope to be in SDC on 17 October. I will be doing a solo walk and hope to see some of you on The Way.
Hi,you will have a great time and yes you will meet some of us.

Wish you a wonderful time and a Bom Caminho , Peter.

My husband and I are starting the Camino in Pamplona in August and are allowing 6 weeks to complete it. We are both retired and have the time and I hope energy for this pilgrimage. This a totally new type of adventure for us so we're nervous! But I always get encouragement reading things on this forum. Buen camino to my classmates of 2017.

After lurking for awhile, time to make my first post.
I will be starting my first camino September 2nd 2017 from St Jean to Orisson.
Thanks to all of the people posting on here I will be a lot better prepared than I would have been otherwise.
Buen Camino

Hola peregrinos. This is my first actual posting on this forum, eeek! Been doing a lot of reading here, though, and have to say that you are one helpful bunch of people on this amazing forum.
I will be setting out from Leon first week of September 2017, heading north to Oviedo on the Salvador, taking 5 or 6 days (or even 7, my plans being vague!). Then I will be heading south west on the Primitivo, to finish in SDC end Sept, on the anniversary of my 60th time around our star the Sun.
Wishing you all a buen camino.
And perhaps, hasta la vista.

Hi there! I am working through the planning stages of the Camino. I'm so excited to embark on this journey. I'll be heading out on the 3 of October to do the French route from Oregon. Message me if you'll be heading out around this time!

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back