Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

collapsable walking poles?

Aunty Gen

I just wanted to say I find this forum most informative, i find that any time I have a question I often don't have to post anything because so much advice and ideas are already on this site. Not long now - we leave Aust in 5 weeks and by 6 weeks will begin our Camino. Like some of the others it is hard not to get obsessed on the preparations etc, just getting so excited!

I do have one question tho, we have collapsable walking poles, will they survive the plane trip? and not get wrecked in the luggage compartment? I know we won't be able to take them in the cabin, are we better off buying them over in Spain?

cheers,
Aunty Gen

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Past OR future Camino
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
On the way over we put them in a postal tube (excellent advice from this forum) which worked well, an extra item of luggage, no problem. On the way back, because we had so little in our pack by then we just collapsed them and packed them in our pack with our clothes around them.
Magnara

Minkey

Mine managed to survive a trip to the south coast, being left in a pile of bags for a week, then being shipped back to the UK, all on the outside on my bag... Shame they didn't make it to the Camino, though!

So, in essence, yes, they'll take a fair bit of beating!

bjorgts

Past OR future Camino
Mine have been sent with me from Norway to Spain and back again for three years now, and they are still OK. I have them inside my rucksack.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads