A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

collapsable walking poles?

I just wanted to say I find this forum most informative, i find that any time I have a question I often don't have to post anything because so much advice and ideas are already on this site. Not long now - we leave Aust in 5 weeks and by 6 weeks will begin our Camino. Like some of the others it is hard not to get obsessed on the preparations etc, just getting so excited!

I do have one question tho, we have collapsable walking poles, will they survive the plane trip? and not get wrecked in the luggage compartment? I know we won't be able to take them in the cabin, are we better off buying them over in Spain?

cheers,
Aunty Gen

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
On the way over we put them in a postal tube (excellent advice from this forum) which worked well, an extra item of luggage, no problem. On the way back, because we had so little in our pack by then we just collapsed them and packed them in our pack with our clothes around them.
Magnara

Minkey

Mine managed to survive a trip to the south coast, being left in a pile of bags for a week, then being shipped back to the UK, all on the outside on my bag... Shame they didn't make it to the Camino, though!

So, in essence, yes, they'll take a fair bit of beating!

bjorgts

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003. 2018: Finish Levante + Zamora - Verin
Mine have been sent with me from Norway to Spain and back again for three years now, and they are still OK. I have them inside my rucksack.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%