• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Computer/ laptop for rent on Camino

Laluz

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, March/April 2024
Hi,
I was supposed to start my Camino on March 11th from Pamplona, but got unexpected last minute job interview appointment for the same day. I'm not bringing my laptop and I know internet cafes are not so common these days.
Are there some laptops/ computers for rent in albergues that I could use for the interview? Or is there some internet cafe in Pamplona still working? Obviously, a bit of privacy would be nice as well. I know some libraries have computers to use, but I am not sure if I can talk there.
I expect to maybe have some other interviews on the whole Camino route, so what is the situation in other cities?
Thank you for your time

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I never saw an Albergue with a laptop/computer to rent, and it's highly likely you will get any privacy in the potential other places you suggest.

Realistically your phone and headphones are your best bet for video/voice interviews, if you wish to do that on the Camino. You would obviously need to ensure you were somewhere with good signal at the appropriate time of course which could be tricky. It could be something that disrupts your Camino though IMO, but of course we don't all have a choice with these things.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi,
I was supposed to start my Camino on March 11th from Pamplona, but got unexpected last minute job interview appointment for the same day. I'm not bringing my laptop and I know internet cafes are not so common these days.
Are there some laptops/ computers for rent in albergues that I could use for the interview? Or is there some internet cafe in Pamplona still working? Obviously, a bit of privacy would be nice as well. I know some libraries have computers to use, but I am not sure if I can talk there.
I expect to maybe have some other interviews on the whole Camino route, so what is the situation in other cities?
Thank you for your time
Can you use your phone? If that is not an option you might try a hotel with a business center.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I saw a few locutorios on the del Norte, catering primarily to African and Latin American expats. Check with your search engine for locutorio placename. For example, Estella has three, Logrono seven, Sahagun five, etc... But for a job interview, you might be better placed with a private room in accommodation with good wifi.

Never saw any laptops for rent on the Camino and the last time I saw an internet cafe on the Camino was ten years ago, I think.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I never saw an Albergue with a laptop/computer to rent, and it's highly likely you will get any privacy in the potential other places you suggest.

Realistically your phone and headphones are your best bet for video/voice interviews, if you wish to do that on the Camino. You would obviously need to ensure you were somewhere with good signal at the appropriate time of course which could be tricky. It could be something that disrupts your Camino though IMO, but of course we don't all have a choice with these things.
Thanks for the info, it will have to be phone and headphones.

I know what you mean, and I hope it's not going to ruin the experience. I don't want to miss the opportunity and it should be around 2-3 calls in 30 days so I hope I will manage without a lot of trouble. I feel like March is not as busy as other months.

Thanks for the info, it will have to be phone and headphones.

I know what you mean, and I hope it's not going to ruin the experience. I don't want to miss the opportunity and it should be around 2-3 calls in 30 days so I hope I will manage without a lot of trouble. I feel like March is not as busy as other months.
I wish the Camino brings you luck 🤞 I don't know what kind of jobs you are going for, but if the interviewer were me then you would certainly be getting extra points for being on the Camino.

I have used AirBnb lots of times in the south of Spain for many years, and have met so many good and caring hosts. Most people don't know what good they can do for you. Really helpful and service minded everyone I have met. And there are probably not many people who do not have a PC available at home. So I would contact someone and ask, there are many cheap rooms with a single bed in Pamplona.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just a reminder that toward the end of March will be Easter Week and you may want to make sure you have some reservations as the Camino will get crowded. Good luck on your interview!

Similar thing happened to me years ago and I just went to a nice hotel and ask to rent an office space for an hour and a half. Cheap, quiet and worked out well......depends if you are near a bigger city though.

If you decide to use your phone I’d recommend getting a cheap phone stand from Amazon so that your body is more relaxed or if you are like me and talk with your hands. Or get an octobuddy which stick to most surfaces.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Similar thing happened to me years ago and I just went to a nice hotel and ask to rent an office space for an hour and a half. Cheap, quiet and worked out well......depends if you are near a bigger city though.
Great tip, thank you

When in Italy on the Via Francigena, we found good computers in libraries. Don't know if they have the same in Spain, but I wouldn't be surprised. We were the only ones in the room using them but, of course, privacy wouldn't be guaranteed.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi,
Thank you for your time
Why not go to the Bibliotec/ library they have computers and ask if it is ok to do your interview .

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back