• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Connecting with the FEVE train

Maybeth

Time of past OR future Camino
2003 Camino Frances SJPP to Finnisterre
2011 Camino Frances, Camino Ingles, Muxia, Finnisterre
2011 Hospitalera Najera
(2014/15 VdlP & Sanabres)
(2014/15 Hospitalera)
I will be completing my Camino including the Santiago to Muxia/Finnisterre walk in early Oct.
I want to take the FEVE train from Ferrol to Oviedo then travel down to my hospitalera posting in Najera. I seem to be going around in circles online to get all the train and bus information I need to make a realistic plan. The information from the experienced folks has been helpful but I seem to be lacking some bits. So here are my areas of confusion:
On the schedule for the Santiago to A Coruna bus, I am confused by the use of the AP-9 with all the other destinations. Am I correct in understanding that the 16:30 bus is quite direct. When does it arrive in A Coruna? How do you get to Ferrol from there?
What about the train from Santiago to Ferrol? It is shown on the renfe map but when I try to get times no trains show up.
I have the same question if I take the bus from Muxia? How do I get from there to Ferrol?
Thanks for any help you can offer to clarify my thoughts.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
there are buses from Santiago to Ferrol, at least three per day.

As I recall, Muxia is a tough place to get to and from on public transport. You may have to hitchhike at least part of the way, or beg rides from the locals. The FEVE to Oviedo takes a very long time, hours and hours, but if you go in daylight it is a beautiful trip. From there you can easily get any of several daily trains south to Leon, and onward east from there.

What an adventure! Enjoy yourself, and Najera.
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott said:
As I recall, Muxia is a tough place to get to and from on public transport.

«Not quite the situation. There are daily regular buses between Muxia and Santiago. You can find out from the tourist office in Santiago. The easiest way to go from Muxia to Ferrol is via Santiago.

Good Luck,
Jean-Marc

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
From A Coruna to Ferrol there are lots of buses. To get to A Coruna from Muxia:

En Transporte PĂşblico
Bus / Autobœs:

Lunes a viernes:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 16:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 10:45.
Sábado:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 15:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:20.
Domingo:
A Coruña - Muxía: 9:15, 14:25, 17:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 18:00.

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - FERROL

SALIDA LLEGADA
DIAS HASTA EL EMPRESA LINEA
09:15 10:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)
LMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

11:00 12:20 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Guisamo)
LMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

12:00 13:18 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)
LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

13:30 14:45 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)
DLMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

15:00 16:18 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)

16:15 17:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

16:30 18:37 Santiago-Ordes-Betanzos-Ferrol

18:00 19:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

19:30 20:48 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)
DLMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

21:00 22:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

Estos horarios son meramente informativos y pueden estar sujetos a modificaciones.
Para mas informaciĂłn : 902 29 29 00 - monbus@monbus.es

Thank you so much for your detailed help and your encouragement. It is fun to plan a different Camino this time, with lots of walking but without the self imposed pressure to "do the whole thing again".

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Here is a brief outline of our Camino from Reading UK to Santiago de Compostella via the Camino Ingles. Day 1 April 7th Reading to Little London. Reading is very Pilgrim friendly, great signage...
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back