Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Credential (passport) stamp..

Primus

Past OR future Camino
3 peaks UK.
Badwater,(Death Valley 300) ultra
There has been a number of conflicting answers to the number of stamps required during the last 100 km leading into Santiago in order to obtain the Compostela. Can anyone clarify this matter please?
Thank you..

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Ok, I try it.

Theory: You need two stamps/day on the last 100km. That is stated on the Cathedral web site and written in the current Spanish Credencial.
Praxis: If you come walking from farer away, most likely, this rule is ignored in your favor.
Fact: Getting a second stamp from Sarria onwards isn't a problem at all.
Own experience: When I arrived in Santiago and went to the pilgrims office, nobody there cared about my Galician stamps, they all stared on my Czech ones ;-)

Hope that helps, SY

Primus

Past OR future Camino
3 peaks UK.
Ok, I try it.

Theory: You need two stamps/day on the last 100km. That is stated on the Cathedral web site and written in the current Spanish Credencial.
Praxis: If you come walking from farer away, most likely, this rule is ignored in your favor.
Fact: Getting a second stamp from Sarria onwards isn't a problem at all.
Own experience: When I arrived in Santiago and went to the pilgrims office, nobody there cared about my Galician stamps, they all stared on my Czech ones ;-)

Hope that helps, SY
Hi SY.
Thanks for your response.. Do you know how many stamps that would be?. I have my pilgrim passport and there are 48 stamp spaces on it, I will be starting at SJPDP and hoping to go all the way to Finisterre..

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
That depends on how many kilometres you walk every day. From Sarria to Santiago it can take you between 4 (25+ kilometres days) or more if you walk less per day. For the way to Finisterra you can simply use a blank paper in your Credencial where you can put the stamps for your way from Santiago to Finisterre. And you can always get, at least in the bigger albergues, like Burgos or Leon, a second Credencial should you need one.

Buen Camino, SY

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
As you will see elsewhere you can always add some pages but with (using Brierley as a rough guide) 28 days to Sarria and then 5 days to SDC would give you 38 stamps. Plus 3/4 days to the coast? (actually I have done it in 2 once) I have never run out of space.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Primus

Past OR future Camino
3 peaks UK.
That depends on how many kilometres you walk every day. From Sarria to Santiago it can take you between 4 (25+ kilometres days) or more if you walk less per day. For the way to Finisterra you can simply use a blank paper in your Credencial where you can put the stamps for your way from Santiago to Finisterre. And you can always get, at least in the bigger albergues, like Burgos or Leon, a second Credencial should you need one.

Buen Camino, SY
Thank you again SY.
I will get a second passport and see if I can fill them both up with stamps.. They'll look nice in a frame on the wall..

Primus

Past OR future Camino
3 peaks UK.
As you will see elsewhere you can always add some pages but with (using Brierley as a rough guide) 28 days to Sarria and then 5 days to SDC would give you 38 stamps. Plus 3/4 days to the coast? (actually I have done it in 2 once) I have never run out of space.
Cheers Al..I may well get a second credential.. Fill them both up..lol.. Look nice in a frame..

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads