• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Custom Made Backpacks

Purple Backpack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF’12 VF’16 VP w/variants 2022/23 Norte’23
I was looking at online ultralight gear and came across http://www.zimmerbuilt.com. Every so often, forum members write in, looking for a sling pack for shoulder problems, waist packs, etc.

This company will make a customized pack in almost any conceivable combination. If someone has trouble fitting a pack, perhaps a custom pack is the answer.There are also front packs and additional pockets that can be used on other packs. They seem to have fly fishing in mind for some of the gear but it would work well for the Camino, too. One of the fishing sling packs looked pretty intriguing! The site said to contact for pricing but I'd guess it would cost more than an off-the-shelf pack.

I have no idea where the company is but I'm guessing the US Southwest because of the photos. I don't know who the owner is have no interest in promoting it. Just thought it may be useful to some members.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
They look really good and reasonably priced (but not suspiciously cheap) - now we only need a field test ;-) BC SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is great to know since some people need "specialized" form fitting packs due to ailments, injuries etc...

Thanks for posting this information.

Thanks for the link. Good information. Found the location doing a search, made in USA [in Ohio]. Buena suerte y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.