• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

deep breath how's this for flexible

Nanc

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Sept 2016)
SDC/ Finesterre/ Muxia (2016)
well, my foot print on the Camino was set to begin September 7, 2016.
Upheavals at work, an associate leaving a month earlier than original told, busy season and lack of locums, meant I was seriously considering cancelling my trip for the better good of the business and everyone.

Well my partner looked at all the ends and outs and said "go now"
He's helping pay for the (considerable) costs of changing reservations
but i leave in 2 days!
so all that fussing about tops, bottoms is over. And you know it really was fussing -
It'll be what it is, some of my gear actually got lost in the mail almost 4 weeks ago. so we'll see if it was even necessary!
now hopefully I'll figure the home communication

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Safe travels! Can't wait to read about your Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Upheavals at work, an associate leaving a month earlier than original told, busy season and lack of locums, meant I was seriously considering cancelling my trip for the better good of the business and everyone.

but i leave in 2 days!
so all that fussing about tops, bottoms is over. And you know it really was fussing -
It'll be what it is, some of my gear actually got lost in the mail almost 4 weeks ago. so we'll see if it was even necessary!
How wonderful to skip two more weeks of planning!! Very, very best wishes for a wonderful walk. We start 10 Sept...still planning, planning, planning....just need to start walking :)

but i leave in 2 days!
I'm on the Camino now, just arrived at Roncesvalles, and the weather is fabulous. Spent last night at Orisson to break up the ascent over the Pyrenees, but it's definitely doable in one day if you start early. Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm on the Camino now, just arrived at Roncesvalles, and the weather is fabulous. Spent last night at Orisson to break up the ascent over the Pyrenees, but it's definitely doable in one day if you start early. Buen Camino!
Hi trecile, I had thought of stopping at Orisson; I've been considering just pushing on to Roncesvalles, but how early does one need to start to make it doable? I start Sept 14 from St Jean.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi trecile, I had thought of stopping at Orisson; I've been considering just pushing on to Roncesvalles, but how early does one need to start to make it doable? I start Sept 14 from St Jean.
I got to Orisson in a little less than two and a half hours, then it was about five hours to Roncesvalles today. Those times included breaks of course, but I am a fast walker. I think that most people who arrived here around 2 to 3 pm from St Jean left between 6:30 and 7:30

So happy that things worked out to the best for you!! Enjoy your walk, stay safe!
Buen Camino Nanc

I got to Orisson in a little less than two and a half hours, then it was about five hours to Roncesvalles today. Those times included breaks of course, but I am a fast walker. I think that most people who arrived here around 2 to 3 pm from St Jean left between 6:30 and 7:30
Thanks Trecile....great to have real time news and you've eased my mind about our first day which will be SJPdP to Ronchevalles. Looks a bit hot to me - does the accommodation have any fans or air con??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks Trecile....great to have real time news and you've eased my mind about our first day which will be SJPdP to Ronchevalles. Looks a bit hot to me - does the accommodation have any fans or air con??
@MargLav
I found Roncesvalles quite comfortable, until bedtime, when all the windows were latched shut. Apparently the French and Spanish dislike or distrust night air. It may get hot.

but i leave in 2 days!

What a creative, thoughtful, mutual decision you two made. It was very kind of your partner to step up and assist you in making this happen.

It really is time to take some deep breaths, calm your nerves and forget all your anxieties. The Camino is before you and you are going to walk a path that has been walked for over a thousand years. You will not make a mistake that has not already been made many, many times before you. When it doubt, ask another pilgrim or at the coffee shop or at the albergue. Everyone will be willing to assist so no need for any fears about the unknown - there are none.

Then that first morning you wake it is just put one foot in front of the other. Keep your head up and see the beauty that will surround you. Pay attention to your body - particularly your feet. Care for them and for you. It is not a race so need to press yourself.

May the wind be at your back and may you find a smile in every moment.

Buen Camino,

Thank you all who commented supported , opined and shared.
I get to truly leave work behind in the hands of a competant staff and partner with support from all. I am blessed snd laughing at all I fretted about. I can now shut down the mind and just be, one foot in front of the other
MichaelB10398. ( interested to know what those numbers mean to you) your send off was very sweet and right on. I alternate between serene acceptance of what is ( like shoes replacing my worn training shoes never arriving) to flashes of OMG what am I doing!?

All is well. I carry you with me. Or is it you all carry me?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.