Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Did they reroute from O Pedrouzo?

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
This morning, I almost sent my pilgrims off in the wrong direction today from Pension Maribel. In the past Joe and I have gone back down to the main road to catch the Camino, but they were sent up and to the left to a forested track. Was I dreaming, or have they rerouted the trail?

When I walk alone, I do a bit of road walking.
Maybe that’s what I was thinking of?

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
The path goes through the woods out of O Pedrouzo. We usually leave early in-the morning and I am not keen to walk through the woods in the dark. So we leave via N 547… the path and the road intersect in Amenal (circa5km) . After sunrise, I wouldn’t recommend walking on the road. Lots of traffic and trucks.

BTW there is an arrow shortly after you leave town, heading west (on 547) Yellow arrow on the pavement, right-hand side (north) which then reroutes one to the the path. However there was no official marker that I observed. But a couple who were behind us took it, and later, after Amenal, they came by us.

Last edited:

peregrino_tom

Past OR future Camino
Hi Annie, I'm wondering when you last walked it? I think it's been pretty much the same for many years now. I seem to remember getting lost in the woods in the dark about 10 years ago when trying to make an early start... What I hadn't realised until I pulled up the map is that the path through the woods comes back to and crosses over the 547 further along. And on this map the road is marked as a cyclists route - so maybe that's the route the pilgrims walked many years ago?
I remember the camino is definitely marked as a right turn up to that complex of municipal buildings where it joins the path through the woods that bypasses O Pedrouzo

Attachments

• Screenshot O Pedrouzo Magnified.png
    Screenshot O Pedrouzo Magnified.png
    742 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot Camino@O Pedrouzo.png
    Screenshot Camino@O Pedrouzo.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

edtrudeau

Past OR future Camino
March 2022 Frances
This morning, I almost sent my pilgrims off in the wrong direction today from Pension Maribel. In the past Joe and I have gone back down to the main road to catch the Camino, but they were sent up and to the left to a forested track. Was I dreaming, or have they rerouted the trail?

When I walk alone, I do a bit of road walking.
Maybe that’s what I was thinking of?
I walked in March, and took the forest route. It was splendid. But poorly marked and Appeared to send me down a dirt road to cross the highway ( bike route). I continued forward thru the forest on a fire lane to connect to the farm road leading into town. Very calming and scenic route.

Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads