Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Do all refugius on this route have blanket and pillows?

Mediana

I think the subject pretty much says it all :)

I'm debating whether I should skip the sleeping bag and only bring travel sheets. I have a small sleeping bag that only weighs 500g but it doesn't give much more warmth than a blanket.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
This sounds like my sleeping bag. I would bring it if I were you. The less you have to rely on supplied blankets and pillows the better. If you're really cold, well than most albergues have blankets (not always for all beds) that you can put over top of your sleeping bag. You don't need a pillow - roll up your clothes in your fleecy or jacket instead, or use a pareo or sarong to enclose your clothes into a pillow.

lynne

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
I haven't so far, but based on others' postings, I think I'll bring one next time. There were a few times it was pretty chilly and I slept in my sleeping bag in all my clothes. A liner would have helped, and the weight is negligible.

lynne

happyhiker

I didn't stay in the albergues and all the small pensions used gave sheet and pillow case and some sort of cover but I used my sleeping bag a lot for extra warmth. Some places gave towels as well, but not all.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads