Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

El Camino

Jovana

Past OR future Camino
March 2017
Hi guys! I have planed to go El Camino now in March.. I am wondering about the route and Albergues where I can stay.. and how much money I have to have with me.. I am not planing to sleep in hotels or eat in the restaurants, have not so much money with me, and what is the cheapest solution.. Thank you in advance :D

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have met pilgrims that have done the Camino comfortably at 20 Euro per day or (far) less. If you stay in albergues and self cater this is perfectly feasible even at 15 Euros a day if you resist those Cafe con Leches ;-)

Buen Camino, SY

Jovana

Past OR future Camino
March 2017
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have met pilgrims that have done the Camino comfortably at 20 Euro per day or (far) less. If you stay in albergues and self cater this is perfectly feasible even at 15 Euros a day if you resist those Cafe con Leches ;-)

Buen Camino, SY
Thank you :D And thanks for information.. I wanna try how much I can resists and stay without everything that I get everyday.. Would like to test myself a little bit :D

Buen Camino, SY

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Just one curious question - From which country are you from? I am asking because there are forum members from allover the world here and perhaps one of them lives in your neighbourhood ;-) and could meet you over a coffee to talk things through. Buen Camino, SY

Jovana

Past OR future Camino
March 2017
Just one curious question - From which country are you from? I am asking because there are forum members from allover the world here and perhaps one of them lives in your neighbourhood ;-) and could meet you over a coffee to talk things through. Buen Camino, SY
Coming from Serbia, but I am living in Oslo, Norway.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A

Anemone del Camino

Since you are wondering about the route, I assume you have not done a lot of reseach. The Forum's shop offer a number of good guides, like the one by John Brierly.

But before buying a guide you need to decide on a route. For that visit the Eroski, Gronze and/or Mundicamino websites. You will see there are a number of routes, but the most famous, and travelled, is the Camino Frances.

These web sites, just like guidebooks, suggest daily stages, and give information on elevation and albergues. Some albergues have kitchens (more or less well equiped). If you share grocery shopping with others this can help keep your cost down. Otherwise I find you pay almost as much that you would in a restaurant, and end up leaving food behind.

An albergue will cost begween 6-12€, pilgrim dinner 10€. Breakfast 3, and a sandwich and a drink for lunch 5€.

There are also albergues which as refered to as "donativos". That means you give what you can, what you think is fair. It does not mean free as they really need this money to buy food for those coming after you, to turn the heating on, to keep the albergue clean.

Start there. I'm sure the websites above will keep you busy for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovana

Past OR future Camino
March 2017
Since you are wondering about the route, I assume you have not done a lot of reseach. The Forum's shop offer a number of good guides, like the one by John Brierly.

But before buying a guide you need to decide on a route. For that visit the Eroski, Gronze and/or Mundicamino websites. You will see there are a number of routes, but the most famous, and travelled, is the Camino Frances.

These web sites, just like guidebooks, suggest daily stages, and give information on elevation and albergues. Some albergues have kitchens (more or less well equiped). If you share grocery shopping with others this can help keep your cost down. Otherwise I find you pay almost as much that you would in a restaurant, and end up leaving food behind.

An albergue will cost begween 6-12€, pilgrim dinner 10€. Breakfast 3, and a sandwich and a drink for lunch 5€.

There are also albergues which as refered to as "donativos". That means you give what you can, what you think is fair. It does not mean free as they really need this money to buy food for those coming after you, to turn the heating on, to keep the albergue clean.

Start there. I'm sure the websites above will keep you busy for a while.
.d
Thank you so much about those information! It helps a lot! I am very grateful for that :D

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads