• For 2024 Pilgrims: โ‚ฌ50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Epicamino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

โ‚ฌ46,-
I'm curious as to the terrain you are walking through. Is it flat? Gentle hills? Wooded? Roadway or footpath?

Are the villages spaced often enough that one might find non-tent accommodation at reasonable distances?

I'm curious as to the terrain you are walking through. Is it flat? Gentle hills? Wooded? Roadway or footpath?

Are the villages spaced often enough that one might find non-tent accommodation at reasonable distances?
Over the last few days I've started in on gentle rolling hills, but it's been mostly flat since Paris really. Plenty of wooded area about, probably because hunting is a big deal here, but French fields are Huge!
If I had the money I don't think I would have had any problems finding accommodation at the end of a days walk for the whole way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

โ‚ฌ83,-
Here's the state of my camping sites before I leave...and confirmation that I'm heading towards the right way ๐Ÿ˜
Blaye shortly, and a quick ferry across the water. It will be great travelling without using my legs for a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚IMG_20190325_075227.jpgIMG_20190325_093158.jpg

Are you finding water sources often enough, or are you hauling heaps of it?

A ferry ride, yeah!
Water can be a problem. Most taps seem turned off. The odd picnic area has toilets that are good for water, some cemeteries also. I have a an excellent filter bottle so I fill this at every available stream, nice and cold as an added bonus. I carry 2 litres maximum.
Mind you I have only run out once, and that was in the UK ๐Ÿ˜‚
I guess water is readily available, just hauling it is the problem.
Staying off tea and coffee is a great help hydration wise...(he writes, currently glugging on a rare cool caffeine laden cola ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Sliver lining; it's great to find a cool stream, with shade, tea/coffee on the kettle, and a water refill. BIG moral boost. (Not that moral is ever low though)
IMG_20190325_114759.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

โ‚ฌ60,-
The Citadel of Blaye! Impressive...
FYI Peeps board the ferry and then buy a ticket. No signs at the port saying this ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
Had me a little stressed. โ‚ฌ2.80 a foot passenger.

Water can be a problem. Most taps seem turned off. The odd picnic area has toilets that are good for water, some cemeteries also. I have a an excellent filter bottle so I fill this at every available stream, nice and cold as an added bonus. I carry 2 litres maximum.
Mind you I have only run out once, and that was in the UK ๐Ÿ˜‚
I guess water is readily available, just hauling it is the problem.
Staying off tea and coffee is a great help hydration wise...(he writes, currently glugging on a rare cool caffeine laden cola ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Sliver lining; it's great to find a cool stream, with shade, tea/coffee on the kettle, and a water refill. BIG moral boost. (Not that moral is ever low though)
View attachment 53725
Funny, or is it? I have always had an aversion to Coca Cola. Not really sure why. Maybe my token nod to consumerism. You are dead right to overindulge on water. You are clearly blessed, David. Did you know that before you set off?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Made it off the ferry. Started laughing whilst on board, just because it was so fantastic to be going somewhere but without using my legs! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Declined another lift walking towards town, that's four offered lifts in as many days, everyone has been cool in my needing to walk though, even amused...
Now bedded down in a wood out of the town, and very much looking forward to a refuge in Bordeaux. Only a few days!
IMG_20190325_162811~2.jpg

Woke up in the best of moods this morning ๐Ÿ˜Š up and gone by 7.30. sitting here finishing up my coffee. 35 km to Bordeaux, so a probable refuge tomorrow! Oh yeah ๐Ÿ˜
Thanks to you all for your encouragement and involvement. ๐Ÿ˜˜
IMG_20190326_083230~2.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Cantenac; a wonderful spot for chilling down, chocolate and goats cheese supplies procured, and even a toilet with a working tap, so cool water for the drinking...
What this place needs is more vineyards ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_20190326_123610~2.jpg

Only 11km from Bordeaux my fellow pilgrims, and my bed for Wednesday organised. ๐Ÿ˜Š
A nice cool breeze all day today, so the way wasn't too tiring. Came across some crayfish today, alive and well, fighting it out for territory with each other. I could have watched them for ages, but had to crack on.
Waiting for the sun to go down some more, them it's up with the tent, off with the boots, and into my sleeping bag for me.
IMG_20190326_183456~2.jpg

It always seems to be hard work getting into a city. Only 11km to the cathedral, but tired me right out, it's got to be the city atmosphere. Found the cathedral to be closed, so a quick trip to the tourist office for a stamp. Mission accomplished.
A windy city and watch out for those trams! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Got an hour to waste until my refuge is open so lunch out by the cherry blossoms.
IMG_20190327_133233.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After going to the wrong end of the city, courtesy of Google maps, I have finally reached the refuge. All to myself no less!
Showered and shaved, socks washed and drying out, tent dried and aired, gadgets charging up.
IMG_20190327_175938.jpgIMG_20190327_180007.jpgIMG_20190327_180756.jpg
This nice map on one of the walls, I never knew that there were so many different ways!

Back on my way! I've taken screen shots of the Google maps route, which seems to be working out, definitely saving battery life.
Here's another pilgrim marker, just incase you haven't seen enough already. ๐Ÿ˜‚
And a rather nice piece of street graffiti... "Life"
IMG_20190328_090411.jpgIMG_20190328_100844.jpg

Hi @david1, I just dropped into this thread to say how much I enjoy your reports and photos. It brings back so many good memories, including of the many and varied lavoirs (old public wash-houses - the huts or sheds you mentioned earlier), even the processionary caterpillars and now lovely Bordeaux. Not long now and you will see more and more pilgrims on your way south ... bon chemin, pรจlerin anglais ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

โ‚ฌ149,-
So, a couple of friends caught up with me in Le Barp yesterday, which was very nice. Endless conversation and water!
Got my credencial stamped in a cafรฉ this morning, then was taken for lunch. I can't recall the last cooked meal I have had ๐Ÿ˜‚
Back on the way now though, and I think that I may just stop by at the first nice spot I come across and give my legs the rest of the day off...

Found this picnic area (closed) to camp in. Belin-Beliet my current position. Tomorrow I am looking forward to a quiet day of walking with the substantial lack of traffic, hoping that the sun may take it easy aswell ๐Ÿ˜‰
1553965641295422098316.jpgIMG_20190330_100310~2.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, never work with children or animals they say. And sure enough the moment I started recording the woodpeckers stopped pecking and the cuckoo stopped cuckooing. ๐Ÿ˜‚

This day was a struggle, no shade except for my umbrella, and most of it alongside a motorway. ๐Ÿ˜•
In a village called Liposthey, where I'm going to set up camp between the church and the old wash space. I'm way too tired to move forward... ๐Ÿ˜

โ‚ฌ2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just bumped into Matieus and Franc.
Fellow pilgrims. Whoever told me that all Germans speak English was wrong...๐Ÿ˜‚
And the three of us had the same rucksack! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_20190401_115455.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_120125.jpg
    IMG_20190401_120125.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

โ‚ฌ60,-
And of course we bumped into each other in the next town... ๐Ÿ˜‚
I have my stamp for Labouheyre, off to the super market now as all that l have to eat is figs and peanuts...
And look at these trees! Some have even welded together ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต
IMG_20190401_151958_1~2.jpg

David, have you tried supermarket precooked tortilla? Not what you would normally buy, but any port in a storm! Cheap, cheerful, nutritious. Or even half a dozen eggs and boil them all in your wonderful kettle!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well, the refuge in Onesse-et-laharie fell through; manager is in hospital. So I'm soldiering on a few more km towards Taller, where there is another pilgrim refuge, I certainly hope so as I'm running low on battery power...
I did get a stamp in Onesse-et-laharie though, just before the Marie closed. And a working water tap in the village square, so I'm good!
15542181239201560375498.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Rain for most of the night, luckily there was a brief let up in the morning so I jumped to it and packed up my gear then got on my way.
I did a few miles, the rain had stopped, so I halted for breakfast. Just finished making the coffee, having eaten my bread and cheese, when the rain started again! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Stood under my umbrella, sipping coffee, and having a bit of a laugh. In Lesperon now, halfway to Taller and the next stop...mmm, a bed!
Here's my rucksack under cover whilst I packed up the Kelly kettle. ๐Ÿ˜
IMG_20190403_092457.jpg

I can only think that it's pollen of some sort..
Yes, likely from the pines. They do an enthusiastic job of it in early spring.
Edit...I just looked on the map and you'll be in Bayonne in an eyeblink at the rate you're going, David.

Consider the Baztanes or the Vasco Interior if you intend to hook up with the Camino Frances...Both are nice quiet options from the Bayonne. The Baztanes drops you into Pamplona, while the VI goes either to Santo Domingo de la Calzada or Burgos, both on a vaguely diagonal path. Or go as far as Bilbao on the Norte and pick up the the Olvidado, which will take you much farther along, at least to Ponferrada if not Cacabelos. It all depends how much you want company at this point, because company will be plentiful on the Frances.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, likely from the pines. They do an enthusiastic job of it in early spring.
Edit...I just looked on the map and you'll be in Bayonne in an eyeblink at the rate you're going, David.

Consider the Baztanes or the Vasco Interior if you intend to hook up with the Camino Frances...Both are nice quiet options from the Bayonne. The Baztanes drops you into Pamplona, while the VI goes either to Santo Domingo de la Calzada or Burgos, both on a vaguely diagonal path. Or go as far as Bilbao on the Norte and pick up the the Olvidado, which will take you much farther along, at least to Ponferrada if not Cacabelos. It all depends how much you want company at this point, because company will be plentiful on the Frances.
At this point I think that the Frances will do me, as, yes I am very much looking forward to some conversation. It's been very thin on the ground for the last few months! Then, knowing me, it'll become a bit too "peopley" and I'll work out what to do from there. ๐Ÿ˜

The route you are on (unles you hopped over to the coastal route) should be taking you to Saint Palais, where there is a pilgrim gites just after the downtown. From there, to Ostabat where you connect to the routes from Vezeley and Le Puy - company!!!! The route from Saint Palais to Ostabat is gorgeous - there is a chapel on top of a barren hill, with a vista that is my favourite on the entire route.

The Mairie in Ostabat had public toilets and showers accessible on the westerly side of the building -basement level.

I am very much looking forward to some conversation. It's been very thin on the ground for the last few months! Then, knowing me, it'll become a bit too "peopley" and I'll work out what to do from there. ๐Ÿ˜
If I were in your shoes, I'd be staying on the coast, and then from Bayonne going up the Baztan to Pamplona. It'll get you to the Frances directly, and it's a gorgeous walk. And are you ready for hills, after all the flatness of Les Landes? They're in the way, no matter how you go.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you did want to join the coast route, there should be a trail option to take you there, before Taller. You might start encountering other pilgrims at Irun.

Isn't it lovely to have great choices!

Just leaving Dax. Couldn't sleep until 3am for some reason so a very late start. Following the scallop shell markers today, since it may rain. The main road, although quicker and shorter, is not fun in the rain. Noisy, and the traffic battles with my umbrella.
Still, coffee here, so I'm good! A stroll through to Peyrehorade, making the most of the solitude. Still looking forward to conversation, but getting"me time" as I can.
"Here and now"
IMG_20190405_110615.jpgIMG_20190405_112222.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So, as you approach Spain, I'm curious what you would consider to be the highlights and low points of this walk through France.

You have joined the ranks of relatively very few people in modern times to walk from Paris. You are now a treasure trove of information. It is worth considering asking a moderator to move this thread out of introductions and over to the Tours route. That would unlock the thread and make it visible to everyone.

I walked around a bend earlier and right there in the distance were the Pyrenees mountains! Beaming great smile on my face!
Not sure if you can see them, but I took this picture when I first saw them.
Did I mention that it made my day? ๐Ÿ˜
IMG_20190405_134611~2.jpg

โ‚ฌ60,-
So, as you approach Spain, I'm curious what you would consider to be the highlights and low points of this walk through France.

You have joined the ranks of relatively very few people in modern times to walk from Paris. You are now a treasure trove of information. It is worth considering asking a moderator to move this thread out of introductions and over to the Tours route. That would unlock the thread and make it visible to everyone.
I have not had a low point, just least enjoyable. And that would be the first night in France sleeping in a bus shelter, in the rain. Even then I knew that it was just part of the adventure...
High point; either that first stamp/cache to my credencial in Paris, when I couldn't help a "Yes!" escaping from my lips, making the woman with the stamp smile. Or today, when I first saw the Pyrenees.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lying down on my sleeping bag now, managed to get the tent up and sorted five minutes before the rain I could see coming finally made it's appearance.
A splendid day walking today, through country ways with hardly a passing car. My pace seemed slightly slower than when on the main road, which makes sense. Going to stay on this path from now on, one's own mind and thoughts slow down aswell, not to mention that it's a durn sight easier on my feet; the soles don't ache nearly as much as when on the road.
Seeing the Pyrenees mountains totally took me by surprise today, which made the deep joy I felt on seeing them even more special. I may well explode when I reach Santiago de Compostela! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Got myself to Peyrehorade at lunchtime, the tourist office closed, but someone did take my photo for me which is always nice, being a solo pilgrim. Then made my way over to Sorde l'Abbaye, and as I was wandering around hoping to get a stamp a man on his bike stopped and asked me if I needed a Gite. He then took me around the corner where there was a Gite de Pelerin! He told me to wait, then off he went to fetch the key. Monique arrived shortly after, let me in, stamped my credencial, gave me a quick tour of the fridge, shower etc and left me to it!
I just made myself bangers and mash, and as I was tucking into a rare cooked meal I could hear thunder and rain outside. Then, full of sausage and mash someone else turns up with fruit, bread and cheese! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
IMG_20190406_153440.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I really like Saint Palais, for no discernable reason othen than it has always been a pleasant town to me.

About 5 or 6 km after Saint Palais, and about 1.5km after the stรฉle de Gibraltar (a monument), is Chapelle de Soyartz. It's atop a somewhat barren hill with fantastic views (yeah, I mentioned it before). There was a bench and a water fountain there. I would be tempted to stealth camp there if I had a tent and the weather was clear. I think sometimes locals drive up there for sunset or birdwatching.

It never did start raining again... yay! But has threatened to at any time. I'm 8km from Saint Palais and found myself a picnic area to camp in... and water on tap!
The Pyrenees mountains get bigger
IMG_20190407_172701~2.jpg
And here's another way marker, because it's kind of cool as someone has taken the time to make it...
IMG_20190407_153901.jpg
Hills and sheep around these parts... just like back home in Wales. ๐Ÿ˜
Tired old feet though...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

โ‚ฌ46,-
Waiting around in Saint Palais for the tourist office to open. No problem, I have bought figs and chocolate.
It is a rainy day so far, but looks like it won't get any worse.
No photo I'm afraid, awful signal. ๐Ÿ˜”

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

โ‚ฌ60,-
These guys dropped by the shelter as I was packing. Andres and Jaques, they walk a week every year of the Camino.
Later in the day I came across a scallop shell on the path. Yup, here in Ostabat I bumped into them and Jaques had lost it.
Seems like I earned the cheeky pre 12pm beer he bought me. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_120308~3.jpg
    IMG_20190409_120308~3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

โ‚ฌ149,-
โ‚ฌ2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Brace yourself, David. Soon you'll be amongst the throngs.;)
I was so excited to see your pic of the first view of the mountains. In just a wee while you will be through them and on the other side!

And by the way: the Tours route from Paris to Ostabat is 827 km, and SJPdP to Santiago is just under 800 km. This means that David just crossed the halfway point of his walk in Continental Europe. Yay! Congrats!

Last edited:
I walked around a bend earlier and right there in the distance were the Pyrenees mountains! Beaming great smile on my face! Not sure if you can see them, but I took this picture when I first saw them. Did I mention that it made my day? ๐Ÿ˜
I still remember the moment I saw the Pyrenees for the first time. A long large dark wall, suddenly there on the horizon. One of my most vivid memories of the whole walk ...

Enjoying your comments and photos, in particular as they are often not "the usual ones". ๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Brace yourself, David. Soon you'll be amongst the throngs.;)
I was so excited to see your pic of the first view of the mountains. In just a wee while you will be through them and on the other side!
I am definitely bracing myself for the masses,. My camino thus far has been one of solitude obviously, so the novelty of company may pale quite soon. I do intend on wild camping regularly still, partly to save money and partly to acquire some quiet time.
Talking of company; there's a bird that flies in and out of the refuge, nest building, I think that it's worked out that I wish it no harm. If it starts talking to me I'm leaving. ๐Ÿ˜‚
And there's a notice board on the wall that suddenly started rocking several inches! ๐Ÿ˜จ Then the draught from the eves hit me; every time there's a strong gust of wind the board rocks. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I have my bed booked for tomorrow night, my feet have had a jolly good rest, time for me to slip into my sleeping bag for now...
Happy days. ๐Ÿ˜
IMG_20190409_153254~2.jpg

โ‚ฌ46,-
And add on ... how many miles did you walk in the UK before crossing the Channel?
I started in Saint David's, West Wales and walked to Dover ferry port via cathedrals on the way. I guess I should take off about 80km from that from the odd lift into a town. Plus whatever the distance is between Saint Omer and Paris. (That's another story ๐Ÿ˜‚)From Chepstow I've dropped a pin on Google maps at each place I slept at, so when I get home (wherever that is) I can work out a pretty good guess... Talking of home,, I must have 1000 photos on my Google cloud uploaded plus over 8Gb of video and more to come. So I'll get my video editing hat on when I am Infront of my pc..

โ‚ฌ60,-
Wow. After all this time, 13.3 kms, only, to SJPP.
Soon you will be in 'pilgrim downtown,' David. :cool:
Once you arrive, do stop in to the pilgrim's office and say hello to @Monasp , who is the wonderful manager there. She - and they all - will be impressed at how far you have come....

Wow. After all this time, 13.3 kms, only, to SJPP.
Soon you will be in 'pilgrim downtown,' David. :cool:
Once you arrive, do stop in to the pilgrim's office and say hello to @Monasp , who is the wonderful manager there. She - and they all - will be impressed at how far you have come....
The pilgrim's office... will do! To get another credencial or not. I've filled one side of mine, another would be cool but I am trying to save the pennies.
Thoughts anyone? ๐Ÿค”

As I'm sure you know: if you want a compostela you'll need two stamps for every day on the last 100km, so you'll need room for stamps. If you just like collecting stamps, you'll also need room for stamps. I'd say go for it, and if you end up not needing it, you can just use it on the next camino ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
but I am trying to save the pennies.
Thoughts anyone? ๐Ÿค”
No worries, David. There will be many opportunities to get another credencial along the way should you need it. In your shoes, I'd just be going in to say 'Bonjour et merci,' and to see what information they have about weather over the top.
And...2 pilgrims in 2 minutes is nothing. What is coming is a herd.;)

โ‚ฌ46,-
Congratulations on your arrival and thanks for all the entertainment. I will have to put away my road atlas of France now !! I have been following your progress through France and remembering times spent in those areas, especially looking at familiar scenery and architecture. I quickly learned how there were regional styles of building, usually related to available materials and weather conditions they had to withstand.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Congratulations! Been keeping my fingers crossed for your safe arrival - though that does make typing tricky. My own walk from west Wales ended just 20km short of SJPDP when I fell over near Bidarray and slipped a spinal disc. You can imagine some of the unparliamentary language I used during my 4 days of recovery with the lovely people in Beilari ;) Made it back a few months later to walk that final bit. Relieved to learn that you made a better job of it :cool: Ultreia!

So, David, congrats by the score. You should get a credential in Roncesvalles for a couple of euro. We went through two from there to Santiago but if you pay attention, count the days and the spaces, you should probably make it with one more as well as your original. You are too early to stop in Zabaldika, because they open 15th April, but if you climb up the little hill and ring the bell, they might be around to open the church for you. They know me there. The Scot who lives in Ireland, and will be with them in July... and then you will be only an hour or less from Trinidad de Arre, and then in two shakes of a lambโ€™s tail you will be in Pamplona! Sorry, be where you are now. I am running ahead of you! Thanks again for sharing your camino with us all.

Last edited by a moderator:

โ‚ฌ60,-
Congratulations! Been keeping my fingers crossed for your safe arrival - though that does make typing tricky. My own walk from west Wales ended just 20km short of SJPDP when I fell over near Bidarray and slipped a spinal disc. You can imagine some of the unparliamentary language I used during my 4 days of recovery with the lovely people in Beilari ;) Made it back a few months later to walk that final bit. Relieved to learn that you made a better job of it :cool: Ultreia!
Oh no! That would have blown me away. ๐Ÿ˜–
But glad to hear you went back and completed the way. (Just what I would have done ๐Ÿ˜Š)

Thank you to everyone here for all your likes, loves, comments and general support! It has meant so much to me as I muddled my way along the Way. Morning was a favoured time for me; coffee and checking the comments here. All of you have, in a very real sense, been along and involved with this...
But hey! It's not over yet ๐Ÿ˜€ Who knows what the coming kilometres will bring..apart from aching feet. ๐Ÿ˜‚

What time did you arrive into SJPDP? I'm curious if you faced still departing pilgrims, tourists on bus trips, or if the first trainload of new pilgrims had arrived. Was the pilgrim's office a madhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didnโ€™t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I donโ€™t mind socializing or...
Hace dos dรญas falleciรณ a los 78 aรฑos Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los aรฑos en Julio hacรญa el camino francรฉs completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Aรฑo tras aรฑo durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. Iโ€™m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

โ“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back