A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

equipment

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
Is there an equipment store in Santiago. I have walked the CF twice, but this time I will be starting in Santiago and only going to Finisterre. Then traveling to Italy. So I don't want to take my poles. I would like to buy some cheap ones in Santiago and then leave them in Finisterre or Muxia.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
There's a couple of Decathlon stores in Santiago, one is a smaller Decathlon City store which is downtown, and the other is a full sized Decathlon, which you would probably want to taxi to.

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
Hi, what Kanga said. You can drop off your poles at The Pilgrim House and pick up a pole or two as well. My friend and I both left our poles in the bin provided at the front door. It’s nice to know that someone else might be able to use them. It was quite heartbreaking saying goodbye to “Pole” after he’d served me so well for 1,200 kms.

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%