• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding responses without e-mail

WGroleau

Wandering Weirdo aka 伟思礼
Time of past OR future Camino
2015–2018 (partial)
This is the wrong section for this, but the menu would not allow me to select the right section!

There is a "your content" link which gives me a list of every thing I've ever posted. Since it lists separately every post in the same thread, it's a ridiculously long list.

I'd like to have a list of threads that I have been in that have contributions I haven't read, but I DON'T want an e-mail for every post (a zillion e-mails a week).

Since that doesn't exist and/or I haven't found it, I instead have to click everything in "my content" and scroll down looking for new stuff. This is extremely time consuming, and in most threads, nothing is found.

WELL, I just checked "watch this thread" which I have never seen before. I think it should be offered on replies as well. I also think "watched threads" should be in the menu that drops down from your name in the upper right. I didn't notice it on the left until now.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I also think "watched threads" should be in the menu that drops down from your name in the upper right. I didn't notice it on the left until now.
Well, apparently because it isn't there usually. I don't know what I did to make that left-side menu appear, but I can't figure out how to get it back.

On my computer, this is what I do (I phrase it this way because I don't know if your computer setup would be the same) ...
  1. Click on my name at the upper right.
  2. Click on Your Newsfeed
  3. Look at the panel on the left of the screen. Click on Watched Threads.
  4. In my case it says "You do not have any watched threads that are unread"
What I normally do is have the "New Posts" page bookmarked on my browser. Then, when I turn on my computer, open the browser and go to that bookmarked page, I see all the new posts (on all forums) since I last was online. I can see by the icon on the left of each post whether I have participated on the thread. Also, further to the right, a pair of eyeglasses shows if I am following that thread.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just get on every day (bad Camino addict. . . ) and click on any post that interests me. Then at the bottom there is a section called "Most Viewed Threads" that has all the new posts from the past 24 hours. . :)

Look at the panel on the left of the screen. Click on Watched Threads.
Yeah, I finally found that. Still seems to me the sensible place is on the first menu. Otherwise, some user's manual might say
"How to get around: Look for something to click on that might have a menu behind it. Sometimes it will be on the right. Sometimes it will be on the left. Sometimes you have to pick something on the right to make what you want available on the left" :)

How to get around: Look for something to click on that might have a menu behind it. Sometimes it will be on the right. Sometimes it will be on the left. Sometimes you have to pick something on the right to make what you want available on the left"
Well, that is close to the truth for many computer apps. You need to develop a "feel" for them!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.