• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino - Husband and Wife Canadians - Apr 25, 2017

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 - Camino Frances
2019 - Camino Portugues
Good afternoon everyone - a quick hello. Believe it or not, I just found this site / forum :)
My wife and I leave one week from today on the Air Canada overnight from YYZ (Toronto) to CDG (Paris), then jumping Easyjet from CDG to Biarritz to start in SJPdP.

It has been an amazing number of months planning and preparing for this. We are super jazzed.

We hope to see some fellow Canadians along our journey.

Buen Camino

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Welcome Michael, you guy have got to be getting excited.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had heard that you need both a passport and a Tilley hat to get back into Canada. I suppose I heard wrong. ;)

Eighteen years with a Tilley, so I am quite the fan...
Oh oh . . . I am in trouble then :)
I will use the old reliable secret password to get back in . . . "give me a double-double from Tim Hortons please" :)

I have travelled from Toronto twice to walk the Camino Frances, and both times I met my first fellow pilgrim at the Toronto airport. Have a great time! Buen Camino!

Muchas Gracias! We are wondering if others will be on the same flight.
Checked out the weather . . . beautiful this week until we arrive . .. will make for an interesting walk over the Pyrenees.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good afternoon everyone - a quick hello. Believe it or not, I just found this site / forum :)
My wife and I leave one week from today on the Air Canada overnight from YYZ (Toronto) to CDG (Paris), then jumping Easyjet from CDG to Biarritz to start in SJPdP.

It has been an amazing number of months planning and preparing for this. We are super jazzed.

We hope to see some fellow Canadians along our journey.

Buen Camino
I'm hopefully Starting on the 25th as well
Really can't wait
I catch a plane from Sydney Australia tonight
Aussie Aussie Aussie

a few days to adjust to Europe time

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back