• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

from airport to station in Bordeaux

riatolken

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk end of may 2013
Can any one please assist me with some information: we will be going by plane to Bordeaux -arriving at 13:23 - we have no idea where the train station is (we have never been to Europe), our train leave for StJPDP at 15:51. this is the background information - now i would like to know how do I get from the airport to the station, how long will it take us and will it be possible to see anything of the town of Bordeaux. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In Bordeaux there is a shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the train station every 45 minute, It takes about 45 minutes to get to the train station and the bus travels along the AutoRoute most of the way so there are very few problems with delays. The cost is 7 Euros and you pay the conductor for your ticket. The bus stop at the airport is at the extreme right end of the arrivals area of Terminal B across from the parking lot. Their website is: Jet'bus Bordeaux. You can also take a city bus for one Euro and transfer to the tramway once you are in town but it gets complicated if you don't know your way around. Once you are at the train station there are automatic ticket kiosks in the lower level from which to buy a train ticket.

riatolken said:
Can any one please assist me with some information: we will be going by plane to Bordeaux -arriving at 13:23 - we have no idea where the train station is (we have never been to Europe), our train leave for StJPDP at 15:51. this is the background information - now i would like to know how do I get from the airport to the station, how long will it take us and will it be possible to see anything of the town of Bordeaux. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

riatolken,

Here is an English web page on getting to downtown Bordeaux direct to the train station by the airport shuttle, Jet'Bus >> http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/en/info ... le-service.

The shuttle, departs from gate 11, costs one way 7 euros and takes about 45 minutes.

Bon voyage and Buen Camino!,

Margaret Meredith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A quick post script:
With your schedule you will have little time to see much more than the remarkable interior of the train station, the mural on the north wall is a work of art. Bordeaux is a great place to visit, easy to navigate with its tram system and very pedestrian friendly, I hope you have time on your return trip to spend a few days.

i second biarritzdon opinion about bordeaux. i lived and worked in bordeaux for two years. it is a beautiful provincial city. do stay a few days on your way back. you can hired a car to visit the wine countries. also visit the wine museum in town.
buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
airport to station in Bordeaux

Problems, we are on the airport in South Africa our flight is delayed, we are now arriving late and will miss our train (rail Europe) leaving Bordeaux at 15:51 (plane arrive at 15:30 from Amsterdam), what can we do? Is there a later train, going to StJPdP?

If we make it, and there is no bus, can we take a taxi, where do we get a taxi and how much will it cost us from the airport to the station? The ADVENTURE has started! He he

Adventure indeed! The distance is five miles, airport to station, or 10 kilometres. Taxis are right outside the arrivals and take about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. If you catch the train in time, make sure you get on the right car as the train splits off at Dax.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
riatolken said:
Problems, we are on the airport in South Africa our flight is delayed, we are now arriving late and will miss our train (rail Europe) leaving Bordeaux at 15:51 (plane arrive at 15:30 from Amsterdam), what can we do? Is there a later train, going to StJPdP?

Relax. The route is Bordeaux to Bayonne to SJPdP.
Today May 28 these are the train times for you from Bordeaux to Bayonne.
departing after your plane arrives at 15:30.

16h47 17h51 18h47 20h51 . Train time is roughly 1 hour 50 min

at Bayonne the connecting TER line 62 train for SJPdP leaves at

18:07 and 21:10.
Train takes roughly 1 hour 30 min

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Futher problems, we get to Sciphol today and the Shengen says we can only enter Europe on the 29th, (eish) sleeping over tonight and tomorrow we fly out to Bordeaux, will see if they will help us with an expired train ticket! Ouch, we are practicing for the Amazing Race

WTF, that makes no sense at all. Don't expect SNCF to help you, but get as much official paper work as possible about the reasons for your delay as you can load into your backpack and then plead ignorance and maybe they will relent.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back