• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia

ulara

Time of past OR future Camino
Hey guys! I'm new in the forum and I know that probably this question has been already posted but I don't have the energy to read all the threads. I walked the Camino from SJPdP to Santiago in October/November of this year and I'd like to come back in April to finish my Camino from Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia with a friend I met. What I want to ask is: can I still use my Credential?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We got a new credencial in the tourist office in Santiago. It wasn't very pretty. Poor quality paper and adverts. I don't know if there is an alternative. You can also apply for a Compostella at Finisterre and Muxia.

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

You can use your old credential for admittance to albergues. The Pilgrim Office has standard credentials, but only sells them if you are going somewhere in order to return to Santiago. If you want one to go from Santiago to Fisterra, the Office will not sell to you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can use your old credential for admittance to albergues. The Pilgrim Office has standard credentials, but only sells them if you are going somewhere in order to return to Santiago. If you want one to go from Santiago to Fisterra, the Office will not sell to you.
Thank you, that was what I wanted to know. I think I will use my old Credential to the chance to stay in the hostels. Looking forward to it! How's the Camino on April? :)

We got a new credencial in the tourist office in Santiago. It wasn't very pretty. Poor quality paper and adverts. I don't know if there is an alternative. You can also apply for a Compostella at Finisterre and Muxia.
That credential is more a sheet of paper for collecting sellos than a credential. There are completion certificates available in Fisterra and Muxia, but they are not a Compostela, which is unique to Santiago de Compostela (hence the city's name) and indicates completion of a pilgrimage to the crypt of St. James. Muxia has a claim to being the first pilgrimage destination, so it views its certificate as legitimate. The hospitalero at the Bela Muxia will give you the full story. The certificate in Fisterra is quite ornate. You can get the sello-collection sheet at the Tourist Office or at the albergue in Negreira.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So if I use my old credential for the stamps and staying in the albergues, can I have the completion certificates in Muxia and Finisterre?

Having entered yesterday, I didn't understand that when you spoke of "Compostela" you were referring to the parchment and not to the credential. Bad! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back