• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From the Camino

Heliman1965

Time of past OR future Camino
May 19th 2012
May 2015
June 6th 2017 Burgos to Leon
July 25th 2017 Sarria to Santiago
June 2018 SJPDP to Santiago
Well I started my journey on the 20th of May from SJPDP and walked into a full on storm over the Pyranees, Stopping at Orrison overnight then on into the rest of the storm with snow over the top..
RIP to the Pilgrim that lost there life that day also two English pilgrims that were lost there" I hope they were found safe and well.."

I'm very pleased the sun is shining on us all now. It is getting quite busy along the way with many pilgrims leaving early in the mornings. This I have found to be the way to go so you finish walking around lunch time and before the mid day sun...
Today I arrived at the Albergue in Villambistia after walking from Sto Damingo.. And am one happy bunny as the blister I have under my big toe is giving me some pain.. "Life is so good" tomorrow is another day... :)

For all new pilgrims please take note "Make your pack well under 10kg even work towards 8kg"
Yes I have made the biggest mistake of carrying 15kg without my the weight of my water... :-(
I spent the best part of 2hrs at the post office in Pamplona shipping kit home....

Until next time.
Buen Camino

Bryan

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Re: From the Camino

Hi! Glad you got through the snow OK. The weather has been quite unusual this year.

Heliman1965 said:
"Make your pack well under 10kg even work towards 8kg"
Yes I have made the biggest mistake of carrying 15kg without my the weight of my water... :-(
I spent the best part of 2hrs at the post office in Pamplona shipping kit home....

Don't tell us you weren't warned! :)

Buen Camino!

Good on ya Bryan!!!

Everyday the Camino folds you, over and over, until in Santiago you're truly a work to be marveled.

Buen Camino,

Arn

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Arrived in Leon today and have treated myself to a room in the Hotel Paris for a well earned rest and bath...
The past couple of days have been a bit tough with a 34km followed by 38km yesterday and a quick 26km today... For a person who only normally does 25km walk I am please that my fitness has raised its gain.. :)

My Camino changing me every day in the way I think and see things around me and I'm loving every hard blister felt step..

Til next time..

Buen Camino

Bryan :)

Well the journey was long but the time flow by... SJPDP TO SANTIAGO in 28 wonderful days of all weather's
I sit alone in my room in Santiago feeling very very lost, the 2 people that I met, became very close to have departed and with so much sadness I wait for my fight on Wednesday.
I will attend another Mass tomorrow and pray for the safe passage home for my walking companions..

Buen. Camino
Bryan

Heliman !
Many congrats. Hope you have the contactdetails of your companions so maybe you can catch up later?
Enjoy mass tomorrow and safe trip home.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Congratulations! :D

I know just how you feel.
My camino ended in a similar way. What I did was concentrate all my energies on the moment and cherisihing the happiness and peace that remained from my camino.And then I was inspired once again.
Good journey and good end to your camino,
peregrina inglesa

Heliman1965 said:
Well the journey was long but the time flow by... SJPDP TO SANTIAGO in 28 wonderful days of all weather's
I sit alone in my room in Santiago feeling very very lost, the 2 people that I met, became very close to have departed and with so much sadness I wait for my fight on Wednesday.
I will attend another Mass tomorrow and pray for the safe passage home for my walking companions..

Buen. Camino
Bryan

I feel deeply for you. Those goodbyes to your special friends that you have made and will probably never see again are heart wrenching. I also felt totally bereft and miserable in Santiago after saying goodbye to my Camino friend - almost in a state of mourning for the loss. I didn't know what to do with myself, so I caught the bus to Finisterre and that is where I found almost overwhelming peace that I didn't find in Santiago.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back