• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gear shop in Seville?

Saunterr

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Finesterre 2015
VdlP 2017
I'm planning on picking up hiking poles when I arrive in Seville. Any recommendations for a a good gear shop?

Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Buen Camino,
Marcie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Interesting question. I've been to Seville twice (one of those times for two weeks) and I never saw what I would characterize as a sports or outdoor activity store.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Marcie
Are you hiking the via de la plata?
I am walking it now - only on day 2. Meeting up with a girl at my next stop. There is a large stream 6km out of Guillena that see if you can find an alternator route for. I had to wade through it to my hips and everything got wet. Do research before you go - I think at this point there may be an alternative route. Or else you can walk straight through it but you will get wet.

Hi Marcie
I am walking it now - only on day 2. Meeting up with a girl at my next stop. There is a large stream 6km out of Guillena that see if you can find an alternator route for. I had to wade through it to my hips and everything got wet. Do research before you go - I think at this point there may be an alternative route. Or else you can walk straight through it but you will get wet.
I'm planning on picking up hiking poles when I arrive in Seville. Any recommendations for a a good gear shop?

Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Buen Camino,
Marcie

Yes the decathlon store is fantastic just went there two days ago. Has everything. My email is ========if you have more questions.
However may not be on wifi next few days depends on the albergues.
Buen camino

Edited by Moderator to remove email address. For your security please use PM ("Start a Conversation") to exchange personal information. Bots patrol this forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last edited:
Hi Marcie
I laughed out loud when I read this! Thanks for the heads up! Your Camino is off to an epic start! Yes, I start the VdlP February 17. Perhaps the crossings will have settled down a little by then? I've decided to think of them as opportunity to soak tired feet in cold water, and plan to cross barefoot when I can.
This large Decathlon store is only about 30 min walk from the Cathedral in Seville and is no more than 5 or 600 metres from the camino as you cross le Puente de la Senorita.....https://www.google.es/maps/place/De...f4660dc619!8m2!3d37.391921!4d-6.0285743?hl=es .....

There is a small Decathlon shop in the Triana area of seville , but for choice it has to be the store at Camas .
And thanks for the info--perfect! That's just what I need! Let's just hope I don't find more gear that I "need". . .!

Ok cool sounds good
Perhaps crossing will have dried up - It literally did come up to my hips so wouldn't recommend going in - feb still winter and things do not dry very easily at all. Hence the two hours I spent with my shoes over a toaster trying to dry them :) only thing available to use.
It is a splendid walk so far although feet already full of blisters. Ah... Thought it wouldn't happen to me.
I hope you have a most fantastic camino. It is truly special.
Daniella :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Decathlon in Camas is the best place for gear in Seville. There's a small branch in the city centre but the Camas one has a much bigger selection.

Regarding flooding before Camas, the Amigos have waymarked an alternative, I'm attaching a map which shows it.

Mmmm, for some reason it won't let me upload a file. I'll try again tomorrow....

OK, upload worked. Think it was a size issue.

Attachments

• 01.resized.jpg
    01.resized.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.