• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to go with 2 extra days, near Santiago.

maruska89

Mary C.
Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to SdC-Sept 2017
Camino Frances-Apr/May 2019
Hello, so my plans have slightly changed after completing the Coastal Portuguese and Finisterre/Muxia caminos on June 13. I now have 2 extra days in Santiago and was wondering where I should head to after already having spent 2 nights in SdC. I fly out of SdC so will have to return here. I was looking at A Coruna, but am just starting my search. Any info/ advice is much appreciated! Gracias.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A Coruña is an excellent choice. I spent three nights there after my second Camino and loved the Paseo Maritimo - a pedestrian walkway along the coast, the Tower of Hercules lighthouse, the lovely beaches, and the great tapas bars. And it's only 30 minutes from Santiago by train.

A Coruña is an excellent choice. I spent three nights there after my second Camino and loved the Paseo Maritimo - a pedestrian walkway along the coast, the Tower of Hercules lighthouse, the lovely beaches, and the great tapas bars. And it's only 30 minutes from Santiago by train.
Thanks for that info Trecile... For some reason I was drawn to that town. Any favourite accommodation there?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for that info Trecile... For some reason I was drawn to that town. Any favourite accommodation there?
Yes, walk along the waterfront and enjoy the baby Pohutukawa trees, then visit the police station at https://maps.app.goo.gl/z3LjeHibxkYBU2Dk7 and see the grandmother tree planted during 1800s.

It is probably a bit early in the season but if you are lucky you may catch the tree in bloom.

May all your Christmases come where the Pohutukawa are in bloom.

Maori tradition has it that when the Pōhutukawa flowers early it is going to be a long, hot Summer.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, walk along the waterfront and enjoy the baby Pohutukawa trees, then visit the police station at https://maps.app.goo.gl/z3LjeHibxkYBU2Dk7 and see the grandmother tree planted during 1800s.

It is probably a bit early in the season but if you are lucky you may catch the tree in bloom.

May all your Christmases come where the Pohutukawa are in bloom.

Maori tradition has it that when the Pōhutukawa flowers early it is going to be a long, hot Summer.
Thank you. Wow, that is an amazing tree! I will definitely go see that.

Hello, so my plans have slightly changed after completing the Coastal Portuguese and Finisterre/Muxia caminos on June 13. I now have 2 extra days in Santiago and was wondering where I should head to after already having spent 2 nights in SdC. I fly out of SdC so will have to return here. I was looking at A Coruna, but am just starting my search. Any info/ advice is much appreciated! Gracias.
A Coruña merits at least an overnight, and easy to get to.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You could also take a bus out to Finisterre and or Muxia. Both are worth an overnighter.

Hope this helps.

Tom

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You could also take a bus out to Finisterre and or Muxia. Both are worth an overnighter.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Thanks Tom. We will be walking to Finisterre and Muxia after reaching Santiago, but if not that would be my pick too.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A Coruña is a great option. It’s a pleasant train ride from Santiago and has a lovely coastline, and many interesting things to do. I had to cancel a walk to Muxia in 2018 because my son got a knee strain and he suggested we go.

You could go to Lugo if you have not already been ? Or Pontevedra ?

Hope this helps.

Tom
OP could, but had mentioned in the post you responded to that they had walked there. If they were going to spend extra time there, that would have been the time to do so.

I am really intrigued by the lighthouse in A Coruña, the oldest known extant Roman lighthouse, in consistent use since the 2nd century.

OP could, but had mentioned in the post you responded to that they had walked there. If they were going to spend extra time there, that would have been the time to do so.

I am really intrigued by the lighthouse in A Coruña, the oldest known extant Roman lighthouse, in consistent use since the 2nd century.
That is fascinating... I'll be sure to check it out!

You could go to Lugo if you have not already been ? Or Pontevedra ?
Thank you. I visited Lugo several years ago when we were in Portomarin on the Frances. My friend had vision issues and we were advised to go to the hospital in Lugo, so off we went. We didn't get to sightsee though but I'm planning on another Frances camino down the road and I'll be sure to see Lugo that time.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back